Preview Melbourne Vs North Melbourne @ Etihad, Round 18, 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers JD-Roo

Don't know why Melbourne supporters loathe Ethiad Stadium.
Reckon its a great place to watch football obviously prefer the G but can't see the problem with playing one home game there a season!

I hate Docklands for the following reasons:

1) It's a pain in the arse to get in/out of
2) Staff are fkwits
3) It's cold and windy as s**t
4) Expensive
5) Surface is rubbish
6) It's not the MCG

I will never change my opinion. I have been there for about 50-100 games now and people always told me I would change my tune, I haven't, I won't.

Home games at Etihad are one thing but home games at Etihad against teams that have that as their home ground is ridiculous. Sure, play Melbourne vs Fremantle/Gold Coast/GWS/Port Adelaide there but not against Victorian teams, especially Etihad tenants.

Jack Fitzpatrick: Had a Michael Newton-like first quarter against the Lions, kicking three goals and threatening to kick a bag. It was a shame that he slightly pinched his knee though and struggled to run the game out, meaning we had to throw Watts in the ruck as support for Gawn, as well as to protect Fitzy's knee. Still, four goals is his best return thus far.

I am sitting in the Swiss telescope in La Silla, Chile, and I almost spat wine on my computer screen I laughed so hard at that. I then tried (but gave up) to explain why it was so funny to my fellow astronomers.

Cheers JD-Roo

2) Staff are fkwits
4) Expensive
5) Surface is rubbish
6) It's not the MCG
7) We never win there
Fixed.

Level 3 being shut is crap.

As its a replacement home game there will be 10k+ North members( I actually think our regular 15k will be there) there and they will be forced to open the top tier.

I will be incredibly surprised if they aren't forced to open it

Level 3 being shut is crap.

As its a replacement home game there will be 10k+ North members( I actually think our regular 15k will be there) there and they will be forced to open the top tier.

I will be incredibly surprised if they aren't forced to open it

Bloody stupid eh???????? 15-16k north supporters + 5k Melbourne and no L3? L1 is going to be packed! AFL members takes up a quarter of L1!

2) Staff are fkwits
4) Expensive
5) Surface is rubbish
6) It's not the MCG
7) We never win there
8) Cam Bruce was denied a Brownlow Medal there

Fixed.

Craig obviously hoping Pedersen will be less of a pansy when playing against his old team.

That said, I know everyone is keen to give Davis a crack but he obviously hasn't been banging down the door as much as everyone believes he has.

North have a strong set of tall forwards and if Davis was playing they would just direct a heap of ball through his opponent all day. They will probably do that with Pedersen too, but it would have been a baptism of fire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to Etihad for the first time. Curious to see if it's as bad as everyone says.

Depends if the roof is open or not, call me crazy but I hate the place even more with the roof shut. I don't go out to the footy to sit inside and watch it, I go there to be outside, and if that means sitting in the rain, so be it, I don't care about that.

Depends if the roof is open or not, call me crazy but I hate the place even more with the roof shut. I don't go out to the footy to sit inside and watch it, I go there to be outside, and if that means sitting in the rain, so be it, I don't care about that.
Cheers, I'd assume it'd be open being a day match and clear skies.

Roof open, surely. Although that brings its own host of problems, such as that building at one end which has a giant golden reflector on top, the sole purpose of which seems to be to incinerate footy-goers.

Haha, yeh well I guess the incineration factor adds character to an otherwise characterless place!

On another note, it is a 'home' game for north members as well, so surely they'll have to open Level 3, I couldn't imagine there being less than 20,000 there, surely... .. . well on second thought, it's a distinct possibility.

Yeah the problem with having the roof open on sunny days is that it gets really hard to see because there is a big patch of low sunlight at one end... would be fine in summer but makes things difficult in winter.

Would still like to sit in the sun though.

Haha, yeh well I guess the incineration factor adds character to an otherwise characterless place!

On another note, it is a 'home' game for north members as well, so surely they'll have to open Level 3, I couldn't imagine there being less than 20,000 there, surely... .. . well on second thought, it's a distinct possibility.

According to this it will still be closed, but I have hopes that they'll be forced to open it last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back