Gym & Misc Member Profiles - Post yours!

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness, Training and Nutrition' started by Outburst, Oct 8, 2011.

1. saj_21

saj_21 Norm Smith Medallist

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Warney's IPL team!
    Aug 30, 2007
    unlisted
    Well its been 4 weeks since my comp. I am glad i did the comps, but glad they are over, i think i will compete again next year, the majority of comps in Victoria are in the first half of the year so i could look at doing a few comps in the first half of the year. One of things i will change going into next year, is to remain leaner, instead of dieting for 20 weeks and dropping 18 kgs, i will try and remain leanish with only needing to diet for 10-12 weeks and drop 8-10kgs.

So currently i am weighing in around 85-86kg. Fair to say post comp, i gorged a fair bit, the week after i was in Alice for a family holiday and zero f@*ks where given to what i ate. But since i returned home i've got back into my routine of regular meals, training and i am back playing footy again which is an enjoyable form of cardio.

Eating around 3000 calories a day (spread over 5 meals a day);
    250g protein
    70g fat
    345g carb

Saturday nights i will a cheat meal so burger and chips plus ice cream, eat till i'm full/satisfied but not bursting at the seems.

Training wise, i've been mixing my rep ranges from week to week. I've since bought Neil Hill's Y3T edition 2 which i am currently reading. Post footy season i will give this a run for 12 weeks in lead up to Christmas. Post footy season i will do twice a day for 4 weeks.

My training looks like this;

Monday - Back/triceps
    Tuesday - Legs/shoudlers
    Wednesday - chest
    Thursday - back/legs
    Friday - Biceps/triceps/shoulders
    Saturday - footy
    Sunday - chest/biceps

(5 exercises for back/legs/chest on a given day. 3 exercises for shoulders/arms) Calves are done whenever i have a shorter workout but at least twice a week)

Week one - 3 sets x 15-25 reps
    Week two - 4 sets x 8-12 reps
    Week three - 5 sets x 3-5 reps

I have found i've really enjoyed the 15-25 rep range, i think next weeks cycle i will change the rep ranges slightly.

Week one - 3 sets x 25-40
    Week two - 4 sets x 12-18
    Week three - 5 sets 6-10

Looking to maintain body weight around 83-84kg through footy season. When i train twice a day i will start off on 4000 calories a day with the intention to bulk up, then when i'm doing Y3T for 12 weeks and cut leading into summer which i try and remain lean through Christmas and be 10 weeks of contest shape for the new year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. King Elvis

King Elvis Hall of Famer

Adelaide
    Aug 13, 2006
    SA
    Because to achieve more and of about dat ass Vonn.

You look fantastic and you're in great shape, but having a bit of a butt wouldn't be a bad thing.

3. Andre

Andre Brownlow Medallist

Port Adelaide
    Sep 3, 2002
    Adelaide
    If vonn wanted a behind without bulking the legs then Hip thrusts would be a better choice then squats. She's stalking the Sydney players not planning to join them :D She looks fine though.

4. estibador

estibador purple haze

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Liverpool
    Mar 2, 2007
    nowhere... yet everywhere
    Hip thrusts should definitely help then.

FalcoX likes this.
  5. bkozican

bkozican Norm Smith Medallist

West Coast
    Other teams:
    Boston Celtics
    Apr 9, 2011
    W.A
    111kg....

Watch this space...kilos will be dropping quickly

Jab likes this.
  6. CourtzMajora

CourtzMajora Premium Platinum

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Norwood Redlegs, Phoenix Suns
    May 29, 2013
    It's been a while, so just a little progress pic from nearly 3 years ago to last week, I've put on 11kg since the first pic and it is also a reminder to myself to not let the scales dictate how I feel about my body. I may be 11kg heavier but heck I feel so much better about myself.

After not being able to do legs for 6 months I started all over again about 16 weeks ago, my back squat is back up to 72.5kg x 5 and I did 300kg x 8 on the leg press last week.

Starting a cut at the moment and hoping to get to about 59kg, I really don't want to lose any muscle.

11095221_10153645353920719_3301511161891139605_n.jpg

vonn, Jab, Tairy Greene and 3 others like this.
  7. VelvetSledge

VelvetSledge Premium Gold

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Liverpool FC, Victory
    May 24, 2007
    Round the Fields of Anfield Road
    Great stuff Court! Awesome progress! Inspiring me to get back to it this week!

CourtzMajora likes this.
  8. Drama

Drama Debutant

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Houston Rockets
    Jul 10, 2013
    I've dropped from 122 kg's down to 95 kg's in the past 7 months. Weight loss changes everything!

9. peternorth

peternorth Facts Machine

Richmond
    May 6, 2005
    congrats to all who are achieving their goals.

i am trying to lose weight myself, however fluctuate between 77 and 78. it depends if i eat dinner before weigh in too. ive embarked on more strenuous program to work out the back and legs to encourage more fat burning. i have 10 sessions to achieve a 5-6% loss in fat, however much that is

Jab and Drama like this.
  10. Drama

Drama Debutant

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Houston Rockets
    Jul 10, 2013
    How tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

11. Drama

Drama Debutant

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Houston Rockets
    Jul 10, 2013
    #986 Drama, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Might as well chuck my profile up.

Height:186cm

Weight: 95 kg's (down from 122 but aiming for 85)

Body fat is around 20%

I've always been overweight but have also always been quite muscular without having to do much
    I have a fairly mesomorphic build and have found the weight loss to be quite simple, the next 10kg's I expect to work for though.

I have no aspirations of ever stepping on stage and I'm more after a functional body than just packing on as much muscle as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. peternorth

peternorth Facts Machine

Richmond
    May 6, 2005
    approx 5 5

13. Drama

Drama Debutant

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Houston Rockets
    Jul 10, 2013
    I can imagine you have a pretty solid build then, with that weight at that height.

14. Drama

Drama Debutant

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Houston Rockets
    Jul 10, 2013
    I've been trying to pick up the cardio and generally only hit the weights two/three times a week. My diet is somewhat decent and I have a fairly labour intensive job, would it be realistic to aim for another 10kg's by years end? going off of my profile. Also, does anyone have some good tips for getting rid of stretch marks?

15. peternorth

peternorth Facts Machine

Richmond
    May 6, 2005
    depends what solid is haha. mostly in my legs and arse. bit of flab around waist. little chest to speak of, arms ok (not toned but there are muscles there)

Drama likes this.
  16. Cotchin 9

Cotchin 9 Norm Smith Medallist

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Ryan ten Doeschate. LFC, Hertha BSC
    May 10, 2008
    Wellllll footy season is over, can go back to lifting at least 4 days a week, can't wait.

17. tige19

tige19 Brownlow Medallist

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    NUFC, Orlando, Packers, Trump
    Feb 13, 2003
    Mar-a-lago
    Holy shit, look at those biceps.

Give us your typical arm work out? My mrs is naturally defined in the arms but lacks that kind of thickness. Congrats!

18. tige19

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    Feb 13, 2003
    Mar-a-lago
    Dude, where are you fitting in your cardio?

I'm sitting at 176cm and 76kgs, basically got to my goal weight ( 10% BF ).

I was training ad-lib for compound, just really hitting exercises I was missing but my routine is -

Monday - 4km cardio morning ( 17mins completed ) 500mtr warm up 500mtr walm down - PM Chest ( ad-lib)
    Tuesday - 3km cardio morning ( 400mtrs hard 200mtrs jog ) - PM Shoulders/back
    Wednesday - Legs
    Thursday - combine arms and cardio, so would complete 2 x arms followed by 1km in 4 mins, I did 3 sets of this
    Friday - Back
    Saturday/Sunday - either or will be a rest day and the other day I will just complete what i think I need to do.

I am thinking of changing training styles and testing my body again with a heavily focussed protein diet, something like a 250g P/ 80g fat/ 350g carbs

Any routines you recommend?

19. CourtzMajora

CourtzMajora Premium Platinum

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Norwood Redlegs, Phoenix Suns
    May 29, 2013
    Haha thanks!

I'm doing a 12 week muscle building program at the moment so each week my bi's/tri's session has been different, but, a typical arm workout is a mixture of barbell curls, ez bar curls, incline dumbbell curls, skull crushers, hammer curls, tri pushdowns, weighted dips and tri extensions.

Also I change my reps up week to week, some weeks I only go 8 - 12 reps while other weeks it's pyramid training (30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5, 5, 10, 15 etc).

Also if you want to grow biceps you need to eat, hence the 11kg I've put on haha.

Worth mentioning I don't do any cardio.

20. saj_21

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Warney's IPL team!
    Aug 30, 2007
    unlisted
    I train in the mornings so Tuesday night i will go for a 3-5km run, Thursday night i have footy training and Saturday i play footy so thats my 3 cardio sessions a week. Cardio well give you weight loss, but prefer to focus on weight training with little amount of cardio to lose body FAT and maintain muscle. Diet is key, eating less food is easier than running for hours on end each week.

How many times do you train a week?

tige19 likes this.
  21. tige19

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    Feb 13, 2003
    Mar-a-lago
    I retired mid season with footy, 30 and body screwed.

I train 5-6 days a week but have many days when I do my cardio and strength work on the same day so if you take that into account combined around 10 sessions per week.

I'm gonna ease off on the cardio from 4-5 times a week to 2-3.

22. tige19

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    Feb 13, 2003
    Mar-a-lago
    I def don't eat enough protein, as I'm on the road it gets difficult. I do try and prep some chicken but I can't heat it up, I always grab a 45g protein bar and a few cans of tuna then have eggs and protein shakes when I'm home.

You've done well to compete and still play footy! How's your aerobic in games?

23. saj_21

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Warney's IPL team!
    Aug 30, 2007
    unlisted
    When i was training pre comp, i was doing 50-70 mins walk every morning and then train at the gym at night. But outside of training pre comp or footy i will cut cardio right back. Personally i feel a lot of cardio is only important if you play an aerobic sport like footy or soccer or you are training for a fun etc.

I had two weeks between my comp and first game of footy, i put on a few kgs pretty quickly but didn't find it to hard to get back into footy after a 2 games to get as close as possible to match fitness. I was only playing reserves so not a super high standard, but enjoyed playing half a year.

As for protein, i'm lucky i work in an office full time so most of the time i can put my meals in a fridge and heat them up, i do a few site visit for my work so sometimes i just eat my meal cold or have a protein bar. Don't protein intake isn't so much about timing as it is over the duration of a day. Meaning if you have to eat overs and dinner to catch up your body won't ignore it like some of the brahs in the industry will have you believe.

tige19 likes this.
  24. peternorth

peternorth Facts Machine

Richmond
    May 6, 2005
    so how about protein supplements? havent been told to get some, but have spoken to some in fitness industry who say i can try them if i want. dunno where to start. so many bright colours on the packaging!

bkozican likes this.
  25. saj_21

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Warney's IPL team!
    Aug 30, 2007
    unlisted
    Bulk nutrients.....WPI, creatine and BCAA's.....done!