A-League Grand Finals To Be Played In Sydney Has Been Revoked! Replaced By 'Unite Round'

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

In other news, Adam Taggart is about to start his third stint at the Glory. Hope there's a league for him to come back to.

Same for the AFL then?

Of course not. AFL is still really VFL with clubs invited from interstate. Over half the teams in AFL are based in Victoria. MCC has huge membership. The two are not comparable as the A League is a true national competition. Sydney has 3 out of 11 A League clubs and a reputation for fair weather fans.

This from a SA government minister. Good grief this is all cooked.

Its a total s**t show they can't afford as the sport isn't growing in fact its gone back wards every year, they wonder why it won't grow when you have absolute idiots from the formation of the league to now.

Of course not. AFL is still really VFL with clubs invited from interstate. Over half the teams in AFL are based in Victoria. MCC has huge membership. The two are not comparable as the A League is a true national competition. Sydney has 3 out of 11 A League clubs and a reputation for fair weather fans.

That's the same as saying "The comps HQ is in Sydney and 5/12 of the team are based in NSW, so this decision makes sense and I am comfortable with it"

All you Victorian bases crying foul over this need to open the other eye and look in your own backyard

I mean, using that argument nearly half the A-League is in NSW.

I mean, using that argument nearly half the A-League is in NSW.

Looking at it in real numbers 41% of A League teams are from NSW. 32% of Australia's population is from NSW. So thats a reasonable representation from NSW.

Victoria has 26% of Australias poulation yet it has 55% of AFL teams.

The A League is much more of a national comp than the AFL which is the VFL with a new name and teams from interstate. Comparing the two and saying "but AFL fans have to travel from outside victoria" is simply pointless.

Sure but it’s only right the AFL cover non Victorian supporters costs to attend the GF 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at it in real numbers 41% of A League teams are from NSW. 32% of Australia's population is from NSW. So thats a reasonable representation from NSW.

Victoria has 26% of Australias poulation yet it has 55% of AFL teams.

The A League is much more of a national comp than the AFL which is the VFL with a new name and teams from interstate. Comparing the two and saying "but AFL fans have to travel from outside victoria" is simply pointless.

I don't think that's making the point you think it is.

The AFL has compromised fixturing for years under the guise of "propping up small clubs" by never making certain clubs travel to Geelong or Tasmania, never mind the corrupt MCG Grand Final deal. Seems the APL just took a leaf from their book.

It's heartening to see the backlash, which is what happens when the vested interests and media are not all in the one state.

The funniest part of all is that the new Allianz stadium is smaller than Suncorp, Optus or Adelaide Oval. At least the AFL maximises attendance by putting the GF at the G, even if its a s**t deal. The APL can't even get that right.

The AFL has compromised fixturing for years under the guise of "propping up small clubs" by never making certain clubs travel to Geelong or Tasmania, never mind the corrupt MCG Grand Final deal. Seems the APL just took a leaf from their book.

It's heartening to see the backlash, which is what happens when the vested interests and media are not all in the one state.

The funniest part of all is that the new Allianz stadium is smaller than Suncorp, Optus or Adelaide Oval. At least the AFL maximises attendance by putting the GF at the G, even if its a s**t deal. The APL can't even get that right.

When it was first announced I actually assumed it'd be at Accord, which would at least make sense from an attendance perspective.

When it was first announced I actually assumed it'd be at Accord, which would at least make sense from an attendance perspective.
It does make sense not to lock in any venue. I'm sure they would love to put all games on at accor, but if you have 2 interstate teams or some small fan bases it would be a nicer experience in Parramatta.

It's good money (netball got 100k for there rights this year), its not unprecedented and it is not locked in for a long time

It does make sense not to lock in any venue. I'm sure they would love to put all games on at accor, but if you have 2 interstate teams or some small fan bases it would be a nicer experience in Parramatta.

It's good money (netball got 100k for there rights this year), its not unprecedented and it is not locked in for a long time

Taking the emotion out of it and looking ahead five years to a week long football focus with a marquee game against a big EPL side, the W-League GF and other events all leading up to the GF, with cheap travel deals for travelling supporters, this COULD work. But the manner in which it was approached, and the way the fans have been treated, just makes it so hard to believe it can work from this position.

Danny Townsend saying they want to start a tradition which involves potentially selling the GF to the highest bidder in 3 years time?

The guy is a f**ken imbecile who contradicts himself at every turn.

Wonder if there will be a few nice banners being unfurled this weekend by fans around the grounds.

Last edited:
Samson Siasia didnt return our calls
theres-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-many-years.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back