Multiplat Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Remove this Banner Ad

It's Awesome!! the 2 hour thing is just hysteria. If you take your time, do everything, find everything (and die a bit, like i have:() then youve got an easy 8 hours at least. It looks great as everyone knows and promises so much for next years Phantom Pain. That is now my most anticipated release by a looong way.
At first i was disappointed by the change from Hayter to Sutherland but after playing Ground Zeroes i can see where Kojima is going with it. Hayters Snake was over the top, almost a caricature of the stereotype action hero, and fit in perfectly with the early Metal Gears. However i can see The Phantom Pain moving in a direction where it will take itself more seriously and i think it needs the change in voice acting to go along with it.

This game is setting a dangerous precedent and i can't support it, which ******* sucks.

What in particular has irked you?
I understand the Australian price is ridiculously high at $50 (i paid $30 U.S. so im OK with that)
I view Ground Zeroes as "Pre-DLC", a Prologue or a first chapter of the story set to come next year, so personally im not phased by
its length and i dont view it solely as a money grab.
Although what gets ME irked is people calling it a Demo. It's clearly not a demo. It sets the scene and tells an important part of whats to come. Calling it a demo is an ultimate cynical, glass half empty type of scoffing.

What in particular has irked you?
I understand the Australian price is ridiculously high at $50 (i paid $30 U.S. so im OK with that)
I view Ground Zeroes as "Pre-DLC", a Prologue or a first chapter of the story set to come next year, so personally im not phased by
its length and i dont view it solely as a money grab.
Although what gets ME irked is people calling it a Demo. It's clearly not a demo. It sets the scene and tells an important part of whats to come. Calling it a demo is an ultimate cynical, glass half empty type of scoffing.

It's a demo, a cash grab and if the rest of the gaming industry starts doing this it's going to ruin the industry. This 'game' should be $10 tops and this is coming from a huge MGS fan (currently playing peace Walker as I type this). There are DLCS, heck most DLCS are longer than this demo.

I dont think the rest of the gaming industry will follow. This has been canned a fair bit. I still stand by my Not a demo stance tho, How many demo's have had stand alone fully contained story lines? What is this "demo-ing"? Ground Zeroes- "The extended edition"? Yeah its over priced, yeah its too short, yeah maybe it is a cash grab But its MGS and its awesome and points to the Phantom Pain being unbelievable...

EDIT: thats actually pretty funny as i too started peace walker again last night

Last edited:
$20 is prob fair after having completed it. I dont think i wouldve paid $50 for it and im glad i didnt.
I got thru the "campaign" in about 90 mins also. Although interestingly it has my completion at 9%.
havent tried another playthrough (hard difficulty only becomes available after completing normal) nor have i done any of the side missions yet.

I agree on the price point, it should be a $20 PSN game tops, $25 retail. Angry Joe recorded his run and he beat it in 90 minutes and has never played a MGS game before.
That's a sad fact.

Only other series I know of that does Prologues is GT.

Has anyone had any problems with their copy purchased through Ozgameshop? I've installed mine and simply get an error message every time I try to play.

Has anyone had any problems with their copy purchased through Ozgameshop? I've installed mine and simply get an error message every time I try to play.

I haven't tried it yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished.

Took me 1:15 to finish then there's a 10-15 minute cutscene at the end which sets up Phantom Pain.

People who haven't bought it, wait until it is inevitably on sale on PSN and buy it.

It's good, but I could definitely have breezed through it faster had I known roughly where to go earlier.

I also should've finished Peace Walker before hand so I knew who some of the characters were.

Took Ground Zeroes back to EB today, told them its an expensive demo, woman (a 7/10) laughed and said "yeah we've been getting a whole heap of these back for a refund".

Should have been a PS+ freebie at best, the 'campaign' was over in 35 minutes on first play through and that was with going the wrong way and having to hide after alerting the enemy. Extra missions were fairly average but the game play and graphics were brilliant, cant wait for Phantom Pain.

Anyone know how the XB1 version runs?
Really want to play this as i love MGS but won't have a PS4 for awhile..

I played the PS4 version. From what I've read it will be similar to the PS4 version, just running at 30 FPS instead of 60.

It will be fine to play on ONE.

I imagine you're already done.

Pretty much. Think Ill have a few hours of messing around with the game to go.

Will be interested in how large Phantom Pains map is. Apparently its "200 times larger" which would be awesome, but that sounds pretty hyperbolic atm. Hope its more optimised for current gen, particularly the PS4 then ground zeroes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back