MFC Newbies Thread - Don't be Shy

Remove this Banner Ad

Been following the Dees for 45 years of heartache and despair with occasional rays of sunshine piercing through the black clouds. I had posters of Barassi, Hassa Mann and Gary Hardeman on my bedroom wall and the Dickies Demons beachtowel. Loved reading the forum for the last 5 years, good wit and shared suffering. I have no chance of providing inside news but at least I can vent and applaud with the best.

Hi guys, new member here, mad Melbourne fan, devastated by the last 6 years but hopeful that Peter Jackson and Roosy will lead us to the promised land. Looking forward to the year and hoping we can climb the ladder
Welcome to the board mate.

Hopefully 2015 sees a vast improvement. Like the rest of us, sit back and enjoy the ride. :thumbsu:

Rusted on Dee's fan here so hello all. I'm also going mad waiting for the season to start. I'm quite positive about the new recruits and plan to go to every game this year, home games anyway, and force us up the ladder though the power of my thoughts.

Good to meet you. Go the mighty Dees!

Can anyone shed any light on David Neitz' role at the Demons? If any.
I feel he should be part of club development and culture. Great human being.

Can anyone shed any light on David Neitz' role at the Demons? If any.
I feel he should be part of club development and culture. Great human being.
He's a part time coach at Hawthorn forward coach, so no role at MFC in answer to your question. He joins former MFC players Clarkson, Bruce and Yze in the coaching ranks of the leagues best team at the moment

He's a part time coach at Hawthorn forward coach, so no role at MFC in answer to your question. He joins former MFC players Clarkson, Bruce and Yze in the coaching ranks of the leagues best team at the moment
Thanks mate.
It's disappointing to hear that.
With the new batch of young players that are at the club, this would be a great opportunity to get him back and develop that.
Otherwise we could lose them after 4/5 years.

Another rusted on fan here... only just old enough to remember the slightly less ordinary days of 2000. Here for some therapy in the endless despair of being a demons fan. Why does it feel like AA?

You never stop being a Melbourne Supporter at heart

Another rusted on fan here... only just old enough to remember the slightly less ordinary days of 2000. Here for some therapy in the endless despair of being a demons fan. Why does it feel like AA?

You never stop being a Melbourne Supporter at heart
Russian, welcome from another relative "newbie". Mate you don't need therapy, you just need to adopt a positive attitude toward our 12 step programme that will bring joy and ecstasy to the true believers. it is a given.

Hi everyone!! My name is Bamboozler and I'm an ex Bombers fan!! (I feel like a drug addict at an DA meeting)

Ive always had a soft spot for Melbourne and really enjoyed seeing Jones in particular, carry the team and the spirit that the boys had. I kinda enjoyed Mark Neeld too. And with Roosy there now i'm really digging the culture down there.

As I went for the bombers for a long time and I not happy with the culture anymore I've decided to go where my heart is, for it beats true for the red and the blue!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been following the Dees for 45 years of heartache and despair with occasional rays of sunshine piercing through the black clouds. I had posters of Barassi, Hassa Mann and Gary Hardeman on my bedroom wall and the Dickies Demons beachtowel. Loved reading the forum for the last 5 years, good wit and shared suffering. I have no chance of providing inside news but at least I can vent and applaud with the best.
Vent and applaud to hearts content. I have a Melbourne doona cover and the cat is called Ron Barassi.

Hi everyone!! My name is Bamboozler and I'm an ex Bombers fan!! (I feel like a drug addict at an DA meeting)

Ive always had a soft spot for Melbourne and really enjoyed seeing Jones in particular, carry the team and the spirit that the boys had. I kinda enjoyed Mark Neeld too. And with Roosy there now i'm really digging the culture down there.

As I went for the bombers for a long time and I not happy with the culture anymore I've decided to go where my heart is, for it beats true for the red and the blue!
See ManWithNoName , it can be done. You should just cut all ties with that old mob.

See ManWithNoName , it can be done. You should just cut all ties with that old mob.
That strikes me as the most obvious troll account in the history of the universe.

Also how dare you accuse me of disloyalty. Cutting ties indeed. I'm a harlot, not a traitor.

The majority of posts in this thread are one of three before the person gives up. Are we not having enough Demonland style violent confrontations between users to attract repeat custom?
Ha ha gotta love what goes on in Demonland.

*Typical week where Melbourne loses by 100 points*

Stereotypical user: That's it! I have had it! I give up with this pathetic football club! After following them for 50 years of my life, I'm microwaving my membership and throwing away all my memorabilia! Furthermore I will tell my children/grand-children to barrack for Hawthorn so they don't have to suffer the misery I've had to! Good-bye forever Demonland!

Then 2 days later, they are back on the site to discuss the preview for Melbourne's next game.

Last edited:
Ha ha gotta love what goes on in Demonland.

*Typical week where Melbourne loses by 100 points*

Stereotypical user: That's it! I have had it! I give up with this pathetic football club! After following them for 50 years of my life, I'm microwaving my membership and throwing away all my memorabilia! Furthermore I will tell my children/grand-children to barrack for Hawthorn so they don't have to suffer the misery I've had to! Good-bye forever Demonland!

Then 2 days later, they are back on the site to discuss the preview for Melbourne's next game.

There's that 400 page thread of the oldies rambling about bananas, that's pretty funny

Hey lads, just another unfortunate dyed-in-the-wool dees supporter, I sometimes lurk on the dees board to get an idea of how fellow supporters see the footy world these days (I only know 3 irl dees fans). I also like the ridiculous trade rumours during the silly season, unfortunately I can't provide any caravan related intrigue.

Anywho, I thought I might as well contribute my dumb opinions as I felt kind of weird just reading stuff, what better time than after conquering the handbaggery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back