Live Event Mid Season Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been getting abused and called all sorts of names for the last 10 pages, lol. It gets a bit much after a while

I'm going by what your club said, not my own call. I said already in previous posts, that if he plays this year, then I'll rescind my position on Pickett specifically, but not the idea as a whole.
My club has not said that he will not play again this year.

What about the fact that Richmond had been big time into him all season and would have been hoping he slipped to our pick. Then he did his finger. Should we have abandoned him? Why would we do that? He was our man. We got him. To replace a player forced into retirement by injury. We are hoping and anticipating that he will play a role this season. Your angst is misplaced.

Oh don't exaggerate, there's only about a million of us. Rough estimate.

On to serious matters of football, are you going to admit you have issues with the player himself?

What, you don't want blokes to get a second chance in life? Honestly. There's good geelong supporters, and then there's YOU!

I'd suggest a long hard look in the mirror fella!

Andrew Krakouer falls into this same category, Shane Yarran too.

Agreed. I'm not saying that it's a problem that you guys drafted him, I'm saying that it's against the integrity of the idea of using it as means of getting in players to replace LTI's on your list. It just means that if he doesn't play at all this year, or plays one or two games, that you weren't replacing anyone, and were just using it as a 'free hit' as many others have stated. Also means that next year the AFL will change the rules again, using this case as a precedent.

Was a good idea in theory, but this is a clear case of a club rorting the system, because it has the ability to. Can give kudos for Richmond for being smart enough to do it, but also have to acknowledge that it's against the spirit of the reason that the idea was brought in, in the first place
How many of those drafted last night will be AFL ready from the get go? None!

Oh don't exaggerate, there's only about a million of us. Rough estimate.

On to serious matters of football, are you going to admit you have issues with the player himself?

What, you don't want blokes to get a second chance in life? Honestly. There's good geelong supporters, and then there's YOU!

I'd suggest a long hard look in the mirror fella!

READ MY F*CKING POST!

"Also, you all seem to act like I 'hate' the club and Pickett, and I'm just a 'jealous sook'. This position really p*sses me off, as my mate is childhood friends with Dusty and I have all the time in the world for him. I feel the same way about Pickett. I've tracked his progress for a lot longer than most of you guys have, and still don't get why Freo or West Coast didn't grab him as a rook last year. He looks like a great prospect and really seems to have turned his life around. Would love him at our club, but not under these circumstances. I am happy he got picked up. I am happy he's been given a chance. I'm not happy that the supposed idea of having the draft in the first place to replace retirees and LTI's with players in season, is really just being used by clubs to grab players before the national draft next year. It's a rort, and it's p*ssed me off. Pickett's case is just the one I've singled out, due to the fact it's so blatant that even the club has come out and said he's a 'long term prospect' and 'most likely won't play this year.' If that's the case, then no-one is getting replaced, so you don't need the draft. That has been my position throughout this thread, and I'm sick of it being misconstrued and being attacked when I'm nothing but respectful on your board. "

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05...tigers-pounced-on-a-27yo-with-a-troubled-past

"He deserves this and he's a readymade body and could step straight in, but I think it's more likely it'd be next year." - Blair Hartley

That's it. I'm done. You can all go and get f*cked now. I'm sick of being respectful while you all just feed off each other like some mentally challenged sharks. You all seem to just repeat the same sh*t over and over again. You don't read the previous posts that answer all of your inane 'points' and you seem to get off on taking pot shots at me, because you can't actually grasp what I'm saying. It would be so nice if there could be one thread that didn't get ruined by bonehead Tigers supporters who have no idea how to communicate.

There are exceptions in this thread, but they are few and far between.

Would be surprised if more than 10% of you made it through university.

Ugh. What is wrong with you people?

Yet another Richmond supporter that can't operate within a civilized society and communicate civilly. This thread is infested with them. Do you ever think that when you behave like this, that you just make your other supporters look bad? I jumped on your page (with the good supporters) the other day to say how good Baker was and that he should get the rising star nom, yet, this is how you behave in turn.

It's pathetic when you start name calling and targeting the man, when someone is just saying something that goes against something you think. Try debating and communicating without name calling, like your civilized brethren have. Then maybe, just maybe, this won't be another thread that turns into a rampant sh*t fest due to the same old crap being spewed by the same old offenders.

Until then, p*ss off
Just because it upsets you getting called out for being a sook for spooking about somebody getting recruited pick 13 in a mid season draft doesn’t make it not so;)
Sooking about it and getting on your high horse won’t change this.
Very good chance he could come in at the end of the year fit as a daisy when everybody else is banged up and make a real impact, which is exactly what the purpose of the mid season draft to regenerate a list need.
Maybe take your own advice and piss off if you can’t discuss the topic at hand without being a hysterical fool.

Thanks mate, for showing how a respectful response can be delivered. I agree on that, and I think I mentioned that earlier. If he plays this year, then happy days and I rescind my previous statements. If not, then I'm justified in what I've thought.

Nah I don't think you were meant to overlook him, I just think that it doesn't sit well with me that a player who might not actually play or fill that list spot, is just there so that another club can't snare him. It's still premature, but immediate thoughts are that barely any players will play this year, yet clubs will have priority selection (ala Academy players) of a player that has been in their system, rather than coming through the draft again
So why are you seemingly only upset about who Richmond picked up? We didn't get him for free, we lost a long time servant of the club to injury and had a spot available which also costs us $70k minimum. Not sure the club is going to spend that sort of money for no reason.

Richmond took the best available player at their pick after 12 other clubs had the chance to pick him. In fact all 18 clubs had multiple chances of picking him but continued to pass on the opportunity. So we grabbed it and hopefully get a good career out of him. Odds are he won't play this year but you never know. We get him fit over the next 8-10 weeks and another injury crisis hits he may be a chance.

People have an issue with the fact that a “ready made” player is going to be unavailable for selection due to injury for virtually his whole $50,000 contract.

Posters are suggesting it is against the spirit of why this mid season draft was introduced in the first place.

Good luck to the Tigers and Marlin, don’t necessarily agree with the mid season draft as a whole but what’s done is done now, let’s all take a breath and move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because it upsets you getting called out for being a sook for spooking about somebody getting recruited pick 13 in a mid season draft doesn’t make it not so;)
Sooking about it and getting on your high horse won’t change this.
Very good chance he could come in at the end of the year fit as a daisy when everybody else is banged up and make a real impact, which is exactly what the purpose of the mid season draft to regenerate a list need.
Maybe take your own advice and ******** if you can’t discuss the topic at hand without being a hysterical fool.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05...tigers-pounced-on-a-27yo-with-a-troubled-past

"He deserves this and he's a readymade body and could step straight in, but I think it's more likely it'd be next year." - Blair Hartley

So why are you seemingly only upset about who Richmond picked up? We didn't get him for free, we lost a long time servant of the club to injury and had a spot available which also costs us $70k minimum. Not sure the club is going to spend that sort of money for no reason.

Richmond took the best available player at their pick after 12 other clubs had the chance to pick him. In fact all 18 clubs had multiple chances of picking him but continued to pass on the opportunity. So we grabbed it and hopefully get a good career out of him. Odds are he won't play this year but you never know. We get him fit over the next 8-10 weeks and another injury crisis hits he may be a chance.

What Yoda_ said above. Can't be bothered replying anymore as I've already said it all.

READ MY F*CKING POST!

"Also, you all seem to act like I 'hate' the club and Pickett, and I'm just a 'jealous sook'. This position really p*sses me off, as my mate is childhood friends with Dusty and I have all the time in the world for him. I feel the same way about Pickett. I've tracked his progress for a lot longer than most of you guys have, and still don't get why Freo or West Coast didn't grab him as a rook last year. He looks like a great prospect and really seems to have turned his life around. Would love him at our club, but not under these circumstances. I am happy he got picked up. I am happy he's been given a chance. I'm not happy that the supposed idea of having the draft in the first place to replace retirees and LTI's with players in season, is really just being used by clubs to grab players before the national draft next year. It's a rort, and it's p*ssed me off. Pickett's case is just the one I've singled out, due to the fact it's so blatant that even the club has come out and said he's a 'long term prospect' and 'most likely won't play this year.' If that's the case, then no-one is getting replaced, so you don't need the draft. That has been my position throughout this thread, and I'm sick of it being misconstrued and being attacked when I'm nothing but respectful on your board. "

That's it. I'm done. You can all go and get f*cked now. I'm sick of being respectful while you all just feed off each other like some mentally challenged sharks. You all seem to just repeat the same sh*t over and over again. You don't read the previous posts that answer all of your inane 'points' and you seem to get off on taking pot shots at me, because you can't actually grasp what I'm saying. It would be so nice if there could be one thread that didn't get ruined by bonehead Tigers supporters who have no idea how to communicate.

There are exceptions in this thread, but they are few and far between.

Would be surprised if more than 10% of you made it through university.
I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt, and have an open and honest discussion with you about the pros and cons of the mid season draft.

Unfortunately, your latest post there shows you lack the requisite maturity and emotional intelligence.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavours, and may god have mercy on your soul.

I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt, and have an open and honest discussion with you about the pros and cons of the mid season draft.

Unfortunately, your latest post there shows you lack the requisite maturity and emotional intelligence.

I wish you all the best in your future endeavours, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Yeah...right.

"Oh don't exaggerate, there's only about a million of us. Rough estimate.

I'd suggest a long hard look in the mirror fella!"

Troll.

People are seriously complaining on Pickett being drafted? Bunch of sooks. Don’t whinge just because Richmond got him first. He may (along with every single other player taken yesterday) not even play a game. People are acting as if they got the next Sam Walsh for free or something. If Richmond want to punt on Pickett, that’s fine.

I've actually made the point that the integrity of the idea was bringing in players to replace LTI's or retirements, as ready made players. I've linked articles that stipulate this. Your own supporters have acknowledged that it was a 'shifty move' or a 'rort.' Also have joked that he should have been placed on the LTI list, just to bring in another player in the mid season draft.

You did it within the rules, but the ethical means under which it was done, doesn't sit within the spirit of the idea.

There's no integrity in the idea, when the the purpose of the idea isn't being used. Cheers for reaffirming just how bad some of you are at communicating
Pickett replaced Grigg who was forced into early retirement because of ongoing knee and hip injuries.

This is exactly what the draft was designed for. To give a ready made player the chance to come in and fill a role if needed. If you're going to question the integrity of the draft, then question those clubs who took players who aren't likely to be played this year and were possible national draft picks at seasons end.

Guys like Dunkley Riordan & Hirst who are still playing TAC, that is where the questions about integrity should be directed, not at a club whose pick is a ready made recruit replacing a retired veteran.

Pickett replaced Grigg who was forced into early retirement because of ongoing knee and hip injuries.

This is exactly what the draft was designed for. To give a ready made player the chance to come in and fill a role if needed. If you're going to question the integrity of the draft, then question those clubs who took players who aren't likely to be played this year and were possible national draft picks at seasons end.

Guys like Dunkley Riordan & Hirst who are still playing TAC, that is where the questions about integrity should be directed, not at a club whose pick is a ready made recruit replacing a retired veteran.

I already did. I already answered this. It's in the rest of the thread. I'm not repeating myself anymore, lol. He's not replacing anyone or filling a role, as he most likely won't play this season, according to your list manager.

People are seriously complaining on Pickett being drafted? Bunch of sooks. Don’t whinge just because Richmond got him first. He may (along with every single other player taken yesterday) not even play a game. People are acting as if they got the next Sam Walsh for free or something. If Richmond want to punt on Pickett, that’s fine.
Yep, every club passed on him in the rookie draft and multiple clubs passed on him yesterday. It’s not like they’re getting Tim Kelly who went top 30 in the draft

Yep, every club passed on him in the rookie draft and multiple clubs passed on him yesterday. It’s not like they’re getting Tim Kelly who went top 30 in the draft

This. Some of these players might play 50 to 100 games (let’s be realistic for a minute). Not worried who someone picks up in this draft. If they want a player go for it.

I already did. I already answered this. It's in the rest of the thread. I'm not repeating myself anymore, lol. He's not replacing anyone or filling a role, as he most likely won't play this season, according to your list manager.

Grigg would not have played this season either, only difference is we replaced a ruckman with a midfielder. Its a like for like replacement otherwise

Imagine not caring about Richmond so much that you spend 2 days complaining. No one else picked up in the draft will play this year why single out Richmond?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back