Society/Culture Milo claims he is broke.

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I read he was frank about it, not proud or whatever, and hasn’t attacked any kids. “Pro-ped” doesn’t seem to describe the article.

So now, can you show that it’s not on the site because Milo?

Now I know you like to skirt around the bigger picture, and concentrate on trivialities/obfuscation etc, but there was a section in there that was alarming...

I will reiterate my swimming metaphor here (though I’ve already mentioned it twice.) Society preventing children from engaging in sex play and romance play is akin to preventing them from learning to swim, but not only that — refusing to tell them anything ABOUT swimming (or swimming pools or lakes . . .) and then, when the child turns 18 or so, taking them to the ocean and tossing them in, shouting, “Well, you’re on your own!” That’s what society does to children in the name of protecting them.

Yeah nah not 'pro ped' at all :rolleyes:

It was stuff like that that had many of us responsible posters concerned in the first place.

But ah, yeah you apparently have a far more important point to make. Sorry mate. You were saying something about an article not being on a site or something?

Easy to find
I posted one knowing you would deny it being a ped article
You proved that no matter what I posted you have your mind made up
“Pro-ped” article you called it. And claimed it was removed due to a conspiracy against Milo.

I don't think he would have gotten anywhere if he were a straight man and it's a shame that sex takes such a forward position in public discourse, but there it was, he was a curious novelty that should have been on the other side given his sexuality.

When really we shouldn't discuss sexuality at all, it shouldn't matter at all.
He made his sexuality an issue, as did many of his defenders. He couldn't possibly be racist/sexist/Islamophobic (delete where applicable) because he's married to a black man. It was almost a default position.

He made his sexuality an issue, as did many of his defenders. He couldn't possibly be racist/sexist/Islamophobic (delete where applicable) because he's married to a black man. It was almost a default position.
He sure did.

Eventually we will separate the self measure of someone, their identity, from something as meaningless as sexuality or skin colour.

It might afford someone perspective but it isn't going to make someone more or less significant.

Salon takes down a pro ped article written by a ped employee after 18 months, for no apparent reason.

Very soon after, they go on the attack against an enemy of the left, claiming he made *wait for it* pro ped comments.

The same people who reckon that's outlandish and far fetched believe Donald Trump colluded with the Russians and the Emperor of Pluto in a giant conspiracy to hijack the 2016 elections.

Keep telling yourself that
They might have seen the chance to go hard at Milo but someone pointed out their previous less hostile stance and decided to change their position on the fly.

They got to the right answer didn't they? If they went back to their previous policy after it would be transparent and cheap but we need people to be able to come in from the storm and not be judged for being wet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah nah not 'pro ped' at all :rolleyes:

It was stuff like that that had many of us responsible posters concerned in the first place.

I wouldn't class it as pro-ped. It was a slightly clumsy attempt to talk about a subject that can't be easily spoken about because it is taboo.

Kids don't arrive at their 18th birthday ready and prepared to have sex because they are now legal. And people younger than 18 gain degrees of awareness and experience about sex. The law recognises that sexual relationships where both parties are of a similar age and under the age of consent should not be punished.

This sounds like the exact opposite of the Goodes boooing is racist verbatim.

I wouldn't class it as pro-ped. It was a slightly clumsy attempt to talk about a subject that can't be easily spoken about because it is taboo.

Kids don't arrive at their 18th birthday ready and prepared to have sex because they are now legal. And people younger than 18 gain degrees of awareness and experience about sex. The law recognises that sexual relationships where both parties are of a similar age and under the age of consent should not be punished.

In the U.S legal system these are called 'Romeo and Juliet' laws.

In Australia I think the age of consent

is pretty much adhered to legally - anything below that is a violation event though we don't have 'statutory rape' on the books like they do in the U.S

In the U.S legal system these are called 'Romeo and Juliet' laws.

In Australia I think the age of consent

is pretty much adhered to legally - anything below that is a violation event though we don't have 'statutory rape' on the books like they do in the U.S
I think a hell of a lot of teens are breaking those laws daily.

At once stage said pedo Salon journo was in favor of lowering the age of consent.

And 'clumsy' was their attack on an actual pedophile victim.

Society is not attempting to shield kids from playing doctors and nurses in the playground. We want to protect the kids from predators.

At once stage said pedo Salon journo was in favor of lowering the age of consent.

And 'clumsy' was their attack on an actual pedophile victim.

Society is not attempting to shield kids from playing doctors and nurses in the playground. We want to protect the kids from predators.
What age did they want the age of consent to be?

Where did they want that change? Was it age of consent for 14 to consent to anyone? Or was it like here with an age of consent for teens and other teens and then older for adults?

Free for all.

He does say something interesting though:

There are a lot of nuances and gray areas. Read, for example, Heather Corinna’s essay Rage of Consent, which features quotes from a number of people who experienced positive sexual relationships (as teenagers) with adults, as well as some who didn’t.

Now who do we know who claimed to have, as a teen, a positive sexual experience with an adult?

I'll give you a hint: His name is in the thread title.

So Salon crucified a bloke who expressed the same views on age of consent as their own pedophile journalist.

Hypocrisy much?

Free for all.

He does say something interesting though:

Now who do we know who claimed to have, as a teen, a positive sexual experience with an adult?

I'll give you a hint: His name is in the thread title.

So Salon crucified a bloke who expressed the same views on age of consent as their own pedophile journalist.

Hypocrisy much?
I don’t really care about any of that. Was just wondering about their changes to AoC.

Some places just have dumb impractical lies but 14 is too low to consent to adults

In conclusion, it seems some folk are ok with left wing organisations employing pedophiles, but heaven forbid someone criticises feminism or Islam, or worse still attempts to make money selling a shitty book...

"OMG the NAZIS are assembling on our shores!"

Give it a rest you flogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back