MLB 2017 SEASON

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love the last 7 hours of my life back. I can take a loss, but after 18 innings? You better believe I want to win.
That was a great win and capped off a very good weekend for the Yankees. Have already exceeded my expectations of where we would be at

That was a great win and capped off a very good weekend for the Yankees. Have already exceeded my expectations of where we would be at

The Yankees are definitely this years surprise team. Or not so surprising tbf, you have so much talent of the roster and more to follow them. I can see the Yankees representing the AL in the WS soon, even as early as this year. It might seem like that is a bit over the top, but we could be talking about the Yankees in those terms very soon.

During yesterday's telecast, I didn't know how to react to the broadcasters poll question of which Cub or Yankee of about 10 players will have the best career and sneakily adding Gleyber Torres to the list. The trade-off for trading him away to the Yankees was a World Series, but wow, that guy is so highly regarded.

The Yankees played their cards well. They traded Adam Warren and Player-not-worth-mentioning (he was released by the Cubs a few days later) for Starlin Castro in December 2015 and then traded Chapman for Adam Warren, Gleyber Torres, Billy McKinney (#2 prospect with the Cubs in 2015) and Rashad Crawford in July 2016. Then resigned Chapman a few months later. Warren is killing it in the bullpen, Chapman is Chapman, Castro is killing it and Torres would be the #1 prospect in most systems.

Last edited:
I didn't like the old starters we paid big dollars for in Dickey and Colon. Dickey has been average and colon just terrible. Colon looking to turn it around is already down 4-0 with no outs in the 1st. Must be almost time to cut him and bring in a kid.

Edit: 5-0 and still no outs...

Just caught up on the first Cubs/Rockies game.

Arrieta really hasn't started the season that well, has he?

He's been quite bad in the command department since mid last year. This year he's been giving up more hard hit balls and the velocity is a couple ticks down from his usual stuff. If he's looking for a big payday in the winter, he's going to be in for a big surprise.

Kimbrel looks to be back to where he was when he was a brave. Has struck out the last 10 batters he faced including all 5 today. Wasn't the same dominant closer he was when he left the braves (still bloody good but not lights out). Big asset for redsox if he can keep it up

He's been quite bad in the command department since mid last year. This year he's been giving up more hard hit balls and the velocity is a couple ticks down from his usual stuff. If he's looking for a big payday in the winter, he's going to be in for a big surprise.

Bet he still get's it from somewhere.

Party at Napoli's

Three run walk off home run (2 HR Game) to make it three in a row for the Rangers.

We still suck but hopefully we can go on a bit of a run and hopefully the turning point for Nap for the year.

Couldn't believe the finish in today's Yankees/Astros game. I was sure Ellsbury would have made it to home plate before the throw from LF came in. It was literally a slow roller to the fielder rather than a hard hit ball that he fielded on the hop.

Bet he still get's it from somewhere.

He will definitely get a decent payday but not what he is hoping. I was hearing that he wanted 7 years, $200m (his agent is Scott Boras after all). I can't see him touching a 5 year contract, at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jon Lester almost hit a HR. Landed a few inches from getting out at CF, it hit off the top of the wall. Not something you see everyday. Lol.

What a disgusting human being who's got hit hard his last 2 times out?

I will say this about him. That contract will look ugly towards the final 2 or even 3 years of it once his velocity starts dropping.

Gees, how over the top was the Jeter thingy today...ffs

Astros blow game #1 of the doubleheader with a 6 run 7th, then blow away Tanaka in the 1st of game #2 with a 6 run start including an Alex Bregman slam

Rangers have now won 6 in a row after sweeping the A's.

Good chance for 7 with Yu on the mound vs the Phillies on Wednesday

I hear you. Mets move to 16-20 on the season. Just woeful.

The Nationals are really running away with the division at this stage of the year at least. The only team with a positive record.

It's been surprising to see that there's only been a few contenders who have taken this year by the scruff of the neck record wise. Dodgers, Nationals and Orioles. Yankees and Rockies have been a real surprise packet. Cardinals and Brewers are 1-2 in the NL Central and the Twins lead over the Indians in their division.

Gees, how over the top was the Jeter thingy today...ffs

Astros blow game #1 of the doubleheader with a 6 run 7th, then blow away Tanaka in the 1st of game #2 with a 6 run start including an Alex Bregman slam

I couldn't wait until the inning ended when they had Jeter in the studio during the 2nd inning. With the amount of numbers the Yankees retire, it becomes a bit redundant. Retiring his number is nice and all but it gets to be too much when it happens so often.

Rangers win their 7th in a row thanks to a brilliant Yu Darvish performance

Rockies continue to impress away from home defeating the Twins and continuing to make the Bookies look silly

Mariners Bullpen blows a game again!

Washington continue to be sizzling hot while the Yankees and Cubs win convincingly as well.

It was a great day for Baseball.

Mets continue to stink it up. This season is shite. Terry Collins and our medical team, really need to go.

Gee you gave the game away early today! Still went for another hour after your post!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back