GWS_Johnny

Senior List
Mar 14, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
GWS
MLB The Show 10

mlb10theshow.jpg

I encourage all baseball fans, hardcore fans like I or those with a passing interest in the game - if you haven't done so already or are thinking about it, BUY the latest release of MLB The Show! Buy it now! This is the greatest sporting sim I've ever played and quite possibly the greatest game I've ever played. It's baseball heaven. The game play. The graphics. The 'little things' that have been added to enhance the gaming experience.

Read up on all the reviews online. You can import this game from many online outlets (playasia.com for example).

10/10 game.

If this is in the wrong thread, my bad. Just wanted to make sure baseball fans saw this.

The Show 10 is that much better to justify the upgrade mate, get it.

Can you elaborate?

I played '08 and '09 to death, and couldn't really see how they could

improve on '09. That game had everything I wanted. So I saw '10 as just

an update, anything in particular that stands out to you?

does this come out on xbox360?

are there any other baseball games on xbox? i'm not a big fan of the bigs

Xbox doesn't have The Show franchise, but there is MLB 2k10. In the past the 2k baseball games have been ordinary but I think this years is an improvement. Plus there's a million dollar prize for the 1st perfect game pitched against the cpu.

Playing this game for the first time is very, very hard.

I mean, I'm playing on Veteran level (basically default) and I am really struggling in RTTS as a pitcher.

Batting is a little easier, it's just a matter of patience over wanting to swing at every fastball.

RTTS is the standout feature of thsi game by a mile, I still suck too much to have played much online yet, but in a few weeks I'll get into it.

Easily the best baseball sim/game I have ever played, and I've tried a few out, included the 2K series.

Trying to level a centre fielder with the Cubs outfit at the moment in RTTS, only started, but some of the training features are sweet, like base running training and outfield training, although I can see that getting a bit repetitive later on.

My pitcher has an ERA of 5.66 after 14 starts at AAA level, and was demoted to AA before being traded to the Mets franchise and being promoted again, which I laughed at.

Great game, will last me a while, can't see myself buying the 2011 version, as this one should last me a while.

I'm shattered.:(

After 6 years, my pitcher got promoted from AAA to the "Show", and on his third start, went through 26 batters with only a walk and an error, and was through 112 pitches.

Got to the last batter, had him 2 strikes, 1 ball and threw my strikeout pitch, which is a slider away from the right hander, only for the bastard to broken bat loop the ball over the short stops head for a 2 out single.

I almost cried lol.:(:mad:

My pitcher is with the Astros (on veteran level), It's September and they are 4 games clear on top of their division.

Playoffs here I come.:D

I just got this today (of course it arrives the exact same day FIFA comes out :rolleyes:) Haven't had a huge chance at playing it yet but my initial thoughts are that it is awesome!

Just getting the hang of hitting, I have the pitching pretty covered. Once I get batting in order I can learn about the rest of the game (stealing bases etc..) so much going on in the game but I love it.

There isn't enough love for MLB 2K--

I just got it and I love it to bits!
I've got my player in the AA's for the Cubs
And a franchise... also with the Cubs.

I am determined to break the Billy Goat!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you're talking about My Player mode, what seems to happen is that they just give you set pieces where you're involved by some random chance thing, then you have your at bat.

If you're talking about Franchise mode, 9 innings, play all home games and skip the road games :D

If you're talking about My Player mode, what seems to happen is that they just give you set pieces where you're involved by some random chance thing, then you have your at bat.

If you're talking about Franchise mode, 9 innings, play all home games and skip the road games :D

Haven't played My Player mode yet. Sounds good from what you have written though. Good idea re Franchise which was what i was referring too. I could play this game all day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back