News Morton an Eagle for Pick 88

Remove this Banner Ad

if woosha the hardest man alive is willing to give Morton a chance

Then I`m happy to have Cale on board ...
we should not be suspect of woosha's judgement on these matters

give the kid a go - skill and class you can never have enough of. we have the leadership as well to support him - sure didn't at melbourne

Apart from that thorne-tastic MS paint effort I'd love to see someone photoshop these guys into eagles jumpers :thumbsu:

I get aroused by weird stuff like that.
Close enough
WC%2BMitch%2BMorton.jpg

I really hope Morton becomes a good player at West Coast, that will show Melbourne up as even more of a basket case than they already are. And I didn't think that was possible.

Really ? I think i prefer Dalziell

nil-all draw in my view.

both talented - no doubt - but i haven't seen anything worthwhile out of either of them in a couple of years.

would be (happily) surprised to see either of them turn it around at this stage. dalziell has struggled with his chances on this list so morton probably has a better chance of cracking it for a few games next year.

nil-all draw in my view.

both talented - no doubt - but i haven't seen anything worthwhile out of either of them in a couple of years.

would be (happily) surprised to see either of them turn it around at this stage. dalziell has struggled with his chances on this list so morton probably has a better chance of cracking it for a few games next year.

Dalziell isn't naturally talented. He's a workhorse.

Morton has a lot more to work with. Woosha will work his magic!

To those saying he must have something to offer, because he was a high draft pick, try to remember when your club picked up Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls.

Neeld is a horrible coach, but he has an eye for talent. He obviously thought Morton was a complete waste of space, and I think so too. Watching him play over the last couple of years, he just doesn't have what it takes.

To those saying he must have something to offer, because he was a high draft pick, try to remember when your club picked up Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls.

Neeld is a horrible coach, but he has an eye for talent. He obviously thought Morton was a complete waste of space, and I think so too. Watching him play over the last couple of years, he just doesn't have what it takes.

Picked up JON for a Rookie Pick...didn't come off, who cares. Same with Morton and 88. A no risk pick with a potentially high reward.

I'm sure Worsfold/Eagles recruiting team has an eye for talent too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least he and Embers have something to talk about in the pre season

At pick 88 he was definately worth a punt as the upside is way higher than the downside. Encouraging that in his interview on 6PR he was doing work with a personal trainer to add bulk and he seemed very sincere in realising that he had a lot of work to do and the Eagles had given him a great opportunity to turn his career around

Tell you what, the other thing that video shows is how hard working the rest of your players up the ground are. No movement whatsoever! No wonder the Pies were able to build such a successful zone.

Tell you what, the other thing that video shows is how hard working the rest of your players up the ground are. No movement whatsoever! No wonder the Pies were able to build such a successful zone.
Jones (I think, the player looks bald) was wide open, and I assume he was Morton's target. Instead for some reason he decided to kick on his opposite foot and hit a Collingwood player on the tit. He has a reasonable amount of skill overall does Cale, but he's just a dumb, dumb footballer.

That was the last proper game he played for Melbourne (played 1 more as sub 8 rounds later).

Picked up JON for a Rookie Pick...didn't come off, who cares. Same with Morton and 88. A no risk pick with a potentially high reward.

I'm sure Worsfold/Eagles recruiting team has an eye for talent too.
The Eagles haven't had the luxury of seeing him in training every week.

Think the high reward part is gone too. At best I think he would only be serviceable, considering his injuries and the fact that he's only gone downhill since 2009.

Honestly I think your mob would've been better off taking a punt on an in-form WAFL player than Morton.

Jones (I think, the player looks bald) was wide open, and I assume he was Morton's target. Instead for some reason he decided to kick on his opposite foot and hit a Collingwood player on the tit. He has a reasonable amount of skill overall does Cale, but he's just a dumb, dumb footballer.

That was the last proper game he played for Melbourne (played 1 more as sub 8 rounds later).

Is it unfair to say that to some degree he is a confidence player? Much like Swift, I think it had been shot down by some poor performances and fans getting on his back.

Think the high reward part is gone too. At best I think he would only be serviceable, considering his injuries and the fact that he's only gone downhill since 2009.

We'll see; I'd be happy getting a serviceable player for Pick 88! In either case I don't think it is unfair to suggest his ceiling at the Eagles will be higher than it would be had he remained at Melbourne.

Is it unfair to say that to some degree he is a confidence player? Much like Swift, I think it had been shot down by some poor performances and fans getting on his back.
Possibly. I just think his main problem is that he has an inherent fear of getting hurt, and avoids most physical contests as a result of this. I actually think he is a really good long kick of the ball on his right foot, however the amount of times he takes the stupid option of going short and turns it over is enough to make any fan want to jump the fence and drag him off the field themselves.

He also can't bulk up. I know people in this thread are saying "oh yeah he comes from Melbourne they are so shit they cant develop anyone we are so awesome and now hes at an awesome club he will be good" but the fact is there have been several players who have developed very well over the last few years, just not enough unfortunately. Neeld has seen over 12 months those who he thinks can make it and those who can't.... every Melbourne supporter knew Cale was one who couldn't.

Cant go wrong with that sort of pick but like Cripps he is starting from WAY back in the field. Good luck to him. Just keep his father away from the club

Anyone genuinely believe we would of used pick 88 anyway?
Plus he's stupidly cheap with Melbourne paying part of his contract.

If this is the case then Neeld should be in recruiting not coaching. Total waste of time and effort if a coach can't get the most out of his players. Watching Neeld blow a gasket every game in the coaches box says plenty, the vein in his neck looks ready to explode and the guy needs a windscreen wiper on the inside of the coaching box window.:confused:

If Neeld got a upper lip mo he'd make a great Adolf look alike.

We know when Worsfold isn't happy, he sits there, eyebrows raise a tad and then he get a wrinkled forehead, then opens his eyes wider, blinks and then take a breath and a quick drink of water. Gets on with the game.

I'm trusting that Worsfold can both identify talent as well as delevop it.:thumbsu:

His weight is about 87kg's that isnt that slight and would only need to put on maybe 3kgs. Im sure he was around 78-79kg;s when drafted so its not like he can not put on weight. Plus being over sized is overated and in his interview on 6pr he was saying he was training to get more strength and that to me is more important than to be all bulky.

Just give him a private training session with Waters, specifically repeat shirtfronts. He will either die or become the second toughest player in the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back