skilts

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
As far as international grounds go - Queenstown and Dharamshala. Newlands and Galle are pretty good too. In Australia, Bellerive.

This is my favourite ground to actually watch the game at. Spent a number of memorable days their in the '90s, sitting under a tree with a picnic watching the Bradman XI play touring sides.
`
As far as international grounds go - Queenstown and Dharamshala. Newlands and Galle are pretty good too. In Australia, Bellerive.

This is my favourite ground to actually watch the game at. Spent a number of memorable days their in the '90s, sitting under a tree with a picnic watching the Bradman XI play touring sides.
It certainly is a blissful place to watch cricket. Also, I cannot recommend highly enough a visit to their cricket museum. I spent a whole day there and is wasn't long enough.

Bowral itself is a beautiful town, unlike most others in NSW. The architecture, dating back to Victorian times onwards, provides a contrast to the hotchpotch which is seen in most other country towns or cities in that state.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I hate being one of "those" people who lament any form of development (& think it improved Adelaide Oval immensely), but from a visual perspective I liked Bellerive much more pre-upgrade. Am sure it's much better for patrons (& for footy in winter) though.

big_e

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2008
Your Wi-Fi
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers, 76ers
lilac hill.JPG

Yeah, it's my local, but Lilac Hill's spot on a bend in the Swan River, with the vineyards of the Swan Valley starting across the road is a beautiful spot. Took the kids there for a WBBL game last year and when their minds were wandering, we just sat with our feet in the water watching the world go by. Magic.

Top Bottom