Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Prestigerrycomo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 4, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who do you find the most "cultish" people on Facebook? For mine it is hands down Horse owners. Their work/play is about one thing. Bloody horses.

Added a few options but open to add others

Foodies.

People on an unsustainable body transformation kick.

Oh and the suckers who share obviously fake posts about free $100 gift vouchers from Bunnings for sharing a post, obvious bullshit stories about scary brushes with criminals at the local shopping centre (you know the ones, where someone has been sprayed with some substance that's supposed to knock them out in an attempt to abduct their children or something). I think my personal favourite is the morons who actually believe 'this is the first time we've had five Sundays in the same month since 1526!' (or something). The excuse is always that 'it's better safe than sorry' or 'you've got to be in it to win it' or some other drivel, so I was delighted to hear the suspicion that scammers generally do this to attract the dickheads who'll believe anything, because they're easy prey for the proper scams.

Car salesmen. Must be a clause in their agreement to always and only post about what's for sale, on their personal accounts no less.

Sent from mTalk

Where's the paleo and Crossfit options?

I do Crossfit and a large percentage of my friends on Facebook do Crossfit. I rarely see any of them post anything about Crossfit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foodies.

People on an unsustainable body transformation kick.

Oh and the suckers who share obviously fake posts about free $100 gift vouchers from Bunnings for sharing a post, obvious bullshit stories about scary brushes with criminals at the local shopping centre (you know the ones, where someone has been sprayed with some substance that's supposed to knock them out in an attempt to abduct their children or something). I think my personal favourite is the morons who actually believe 'this is the first time we've had five Sundays in the same month since 1526!' (or something). The excuse is always that 'it's better safe than sorry' or 'you've got to be in it to win it' or some other drivel, so I was delighted to hear the suspicion that scammers generally do this to attract the dickheads who'll believe anything, because they're easy prey for the proper scams.

Yes to all of the above plus anyone that answers one of those 99.2% of people will get this wrong type questions. The question isnt tricky for anyone that passed year 8 maths, you are not a genius, NASA isnt monitoring these questions so dont expect a call up for knowing a coke plus a cheeseburger multiplied by the fries is 35.

My friends must be part of the generation of Facebook that doesn't bore people with their useless s**t. My newsfeed is pretty much just a constant stream of memes and sports news.

I think if you grew up using Facebook you're aware that nobody gives a s**t about that sort of crap.

Its obviously only going to seem cultish if it doesn't align with your views. Obvs from my avatar I'm pro marriage equality and right now a handful of people I either have or are in my extended network seem to be intense anti marriage equality, like conspiracy video posting twice a day style.

Aside from that a few "as a mother" types. A lot of stuff goes flavour of the month style (Kony, Trump) but the As a mother brigade have been a staple for a while, them and the "The day from hell, you know what you did and I cant wait til you go down" angsty passive aggressive teens and their friends "everything okay babe", I'm 30 years old, how do I still know people like this.

Being a PT looks like a piece of piss. Anyone can watch someone else do push ups.

Nah the worst ones are the ones who put you on a treadmill. If they do that tell them to GTFO.

I'm going to "boot camp" in the park next week. Should be good, looking forward to sweating and someone kicking my ass.

I think the worst are the 'woke' types who are constantly posting conspiratorial or 'alternative news', but I at least give them credit for caring about issues. The ones that s**t me most are the CrossFit cults, closely followed by diet and health nut people. CrossFit gets the nod for being the most self-absorbed and vapid group on there, constantly posting pics of their 'box' or whiteboard with some shitty workout on it, punctuated with fifteen nonsensical hashtags. I don't ******* care how many pretend deadlifts you did.

The health nuts aren't much better, but at least they think they are doing some sort of public service. But no, pH balanced water is not the cure for all cancers. You wouldn't ask a three year old to assess the structural integrity of your house if you wanted to remove an interior wall, so why would they think I'm interested in a high-school dropout or 'freelance photographer' telling me about the dangers of chemicals they can't even pronounce?

Personal ****ing trainers.

I'm kinda glad I didnt become one.

/no offence to any on here.

My sister goes through periods of having personal trainers. They are so loving and caring and involved in your life while you are paying- with friendly get-togethers and catch ups and walks/runs/etc. outside of the training, but the second you stop paying you are dead to them.

Back