• Chrisconians

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cult of Pete

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Crossfitters

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

further to my above post, dog owners. constant photos, dog related memes, sharing articles about dogs, advocating for guananamo style torture to anyone who harms a dog etc etc they definitely give off the most cultish vibe.

My sister goes through periods of having personal trainers. They are so loving and caring and involved in your life while you are paying- with friendly get-togethers and catch ups and walks/runs/etc. outside of the training, but the second you stop paying you are dead to them.

Well what do you expect? It's a business.

Three pretty distinct groups seem to be merging on my FB feed and that is Fitness types, Stay at home mummy types with MLM types.

I've been a member of a few different gyms and fitness groups for years so now my FB feed seems to have a lot of these posts:

":star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
DO YOU WANT TO GET FIT?
:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
DO YOU WANT TO SPEND TIME WITH YOUR KIDS?
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE $400-$3000 PER WEEK?
ALL WHILE EXERCISING AND HELPING OTHERS?
:zap::zap::zap::zap::zap::zap::zap::zap::zap::zap::zap::zap:
PM ME FOR DETAILS! NO BS! THIS ISN'T A PYRAMID SCHEME
:twohearts::twohearts::twohearts::twohearts::twohearts::twohearts::twohearts::twohearts::twohearts::twohearts::twohearts::twohearts:
100% LEGIT, GREAT WAY TO MAKE EXTRA CASH
:boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:"

90% of the time its some form of 'life coaching' MLM. Otherwise its your standard herbalife/isagenix

the fitness industry seems to be panacea for people who are sick of working menial office jobs and stay at home mums with no skills or talent, once they drink the kool-aid then they become insufferable and even more boring. definitely very culty.

the fitness industry seems to be panacea for people who are sick of working menial office jobs and stay at home mums with no skills or talent, once they drink the kool-aid then they become insufferable and even more boring. definitely very culty.

I dunno. There is heaps of coin to be made if you are female and attractive and have big breasts. You dont even need to be a fitness expert. Just pose a lot in skimpy, revealing fitness gear and copy/paste crap about loving life and loving health from any of the thousands of other bloggers.

There seems to be plenty of money to go around. And if you become popular, apparently you also get to call yourself an influencer.

But I suspect the reality is you are really just a spank bank opportunity for the guys who follow you.

But I suspect the reality is you are really just a spank bank opportunity for the guys who follow you.

nah I think people have the completely wrong idea about this. look at someone like kayla itsines, 99% of her followship is women, who buy her products and go to her public appearances and use her program. Sure, if you're attractive then you'll draw the attention of guys, but thats not where the money comes from.

My friends must be part of the generation of Facebook that doesn't bore people with their useless s**t. My newsfeed is pretty much just a constant stream of memes and sports news.

I think if you grew up using Facebook you're aware that nobody gives a s**t about that sort of crap.

Retiree-aged Facebookers could definitely benefit from a course in how to use it, or some approval process when they post. Old gramps is always the one inexplicably liking a photo that a friend posted in 2009.

nah I think people have the completely wrong idea about this. look at someone like kayla itsines, 99% of her followship is women, who buy her products and go to her public appearances and use her program. Sure, if you're attractive then you'll draw the attention of guys, but thats not where the money comes from.

I was reading about one of these types the other day. She said that when she got pregnant a heap of men stopped following and a heap of women started.

And the money absolutely is beauty related.

You may as well say that movies are all about the acting...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Anti Vaxxers
- people who share inspiration quotes or thinly veiled racist quotes about their child hood (the back in my day types..)
- the passive aggressive whinger types, that always seen to be having a crisis or whinge about something they wont actually specify.

Most cultish is difficult to choose. Mummy bloggers are probably the most annoying but are they cultish?

I'd probably say people who are flogging off some kind of detox diet or essential oils which have supposedly miraculous properties. Or anti-vaxxers. To be fair the intersection of these groups is significant.

I've got one girl I used to go to school with who is a cult follower of 'Forex trading'. Did a little bit of research and there seems to be a network of them. A couple examples of her status' in the past week include:

So what if it takes you 2 years?
1f914.png

So what if it takes you 4 years?
1f914.png

So what if it takes you 10 years?
1f914.png

Because even if it took you 25 years to master the skill of trading, you would still be better off then those working their whole lives just surviving.

So what? Let's get to work my friends
1f64f_1f3fc.png

AND:

1f4ab.png
2018 Goals
1f4ab.png

Grow my trading account to 6 figures
1f4b0.png

Help 10 people learn the skill of trading forex and grow their trading accounts
1f46f_200d_2640.png
1f46f_200d_2642.png
♂️