Competition MOTW Round 10: Your Choice

Remove this Banner Ad

Merger of the Week
Round 10

Your Choice

Maximum five entries per person, one image per entry.

Merge any 2 or more AFL teams, each entry must include at least one jumper but you can include Clash Jumpers, Pre-Season Jumpers, Promotional Jumpers, team logos, basically anything you like.​

The competition will close on Monday the 27th of June.

If anyone needs more time I'll keep the competition open and do the polls the next day.​

Depending on how popular/unpopular this is and the feedback I recieve I may open the competition to leagues such as the VFL and WAFL​

Port Adelaide Kangaroos
Port Adelaide + North Melbourne

PortRoos.png

Roos jumper in Port colours. How can you go wrong?

I know there was a discussion about club teams wearing state jumpers a couple of weeks ago. I figured there can be an exception with this club that is formed when Adelaide and Port Adelaide both slump to 16th and 17th on the ladder, and both sides have rubbish crowds (Port even less then currently :p ). The AFL decides its time for Adelaide to support one club again. Under the banner of "South Australia".

Adelaide Crows + Port Adelaide = South Australian REDS

SAredslol.png

Redscollab.png

(Open in new window for closer view)

Brisbane Power
Brisbane Lions + Port Adelaide Power

Home : Based on the 2009 Port home but with brisbane bears colours
Away : a white version of the home
Heritage : Based on the SA state jersey but with Fitzroy monogram on it
htsj.gif

Greater Western University Giants

GWS + University

GWU.png

Was just a Uni colorisation of GWS (blue/black instead of orange/charcoal) but then I mixed it up just a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greater Western University Giants

GWS + University

GWU.png

Was just a Uni colorisation of GWS (blue/black instead of orange/charcoal) but then I mixed it up just a bit.

Merge any 2 or more AFL teams

University were never an AFL Club they were in the VFL for 6 Years

From Wikipedia:

For the league known as the Victorian Football League until 1990, see Australian Football League.

IT'S THE SAME FREAKING LEAGUE.

Oh well maybe this will make Cory happy.

I'm merging Fitzroy Lions with Brisbane Bears to make BRISBANE LIONS.
Would have done it myself but it was going to look exactly the same as this.

Brisbane-5.gif

Brunswick,West Melbourne,Essendon association and Moorabbin
...were never part of the VFL or AFL. They were part of the VFA.

General rule of thumb - especially for anyone who isn't from Victoria: don't refer to the VFL. If you say AFL, it's accepted that it's the league which began in 1897 and continues as the "top league" now. If you say VFA, it's the association which kicked off in 1877 and is known as the VFL now, but many fans still call it the VFA. I'm happy to call this argument closed... am going to do another jumper :)

Geelong Hawks
GeelHaw.png

Using the fabled combination of gold and white for the clash jumper here - pretty much a lighter alternative to the away. Keeps with the trend of unnecessary clash jumpers :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back