Murray FL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any truth to the rumours swirling that the league is having a meeting Monday to discuss cancelling the season as of now and going straight into finals to prevent Covid affecting the season again? Didn’t seem right when hearing it but stranger things have happened. Absolute disgrace if there thinking of doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is there any truth to the rumours swirling that the league is having a meeting Monday to discuss cancelling the season as of now and going straight into finals to prevent Covid affecting the season again? Didn’t seem right when hearing it but stranger things have happened. Absolute disgrace if there thinking of doing it.

Surely not! There are not even mask mandates mate so keep the show rolling. Finals are just around the corner.

Few porky pies there.

But good for the league to have Cobram lose a couple seems to have evened up the flag race now.
Don’t think the road can do much damage in the finals and it’s down to 4 now.

Who’s everyone else’s pick?

Shame the rams have copped so many injuries. Morris has a good thing going down there - ones to watch in years to come

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tonny would have to be fuming at the way the last 3 years have panned out for them. A lot of money and resources have gone in for no flag.
One would think they had set themselves for at least a spot on grand final day, the big question is whether the concept of fly in players is sustainable, but giving credit where its due they did have some impressive guys running around. They have good reserves and solid juniors, it might be time to reset. One would imagine they would have been under salary cap pressure, it might be time to reward some of their local players who have been the nucleus and try to build from within. In saying that they punch above their weight for a small rural community

One would think they had set themselves for at least a spot on grand final day, the big question is whether the concept of fly in players is sustainable, but giving credit where its due they did have some impressive guys running around. They have good reserves and solid juniors, it might be time to reset. One would imagine they would have been under salary cap pressure, it might be time to reward some of their local players who have been the nucleus and try to build from within. In saying that they punch above their weight for a small rural community
Yes, good on them for giving it a crack. They were unlucky with probably the best teams during the covid years, and things just didn’t fall their way this year.

Is it true Souter got sent off for striking. I find it staggering if it is true. The coach of the side in a massive final for his club to be sent from the field and play with a man down for 15 minutes and then get rolled by 10 points, very costly

They’re all locals apart from 4-5 players. I would’ve thought thats about the normal. Most sides would have about 5 players they bring in. If you look at there player points I reckon they’d be one of the lowest in the comp.

And the thing that gets left out about the NT boys is how they fly in on the Friday stay and then fly back on the Sunday they attend club functions or if they can’t make it they always buy a ticket.

They’re great around the club and I’ll use one example - they brought / donated two sets of pink playing jumpers for breast cancer to get auctioned off.

They’re all locals apart from 4-5 players. I would’ve thought thats about the normal. Most sides would have about 5 players they bring in. If you look at there player points I reckon they’d be one of the lowest in the comp.

And the thing that gets left out about the NT boys is how they fly in on the Friday stay and then fly back on the Sunday they attend club functions or if they can’t make it they always buy a ticket.

They’re great around the club and I’ll use one example - they brought / donated two sets of pink playing jumpers for breast cancer to get auctioned off.
Fully agree the guys they have come in have been great for the club, for a small community football (sport) is normally the social hub

My comment around it being sustainable is that the 2nds side has been undefeated, if they are looking at senior football what is their pathway

I note that 2 weeks ago in the EF you actually ran out at 38 points and this week 32 that would suggest a few injuries (Jamieson and Nyhuis both 4 pointers)

Fully agree the guys they have come in have been great for the club, for a small community football (sport) is normally the social hub

My comment around it being sustainable is that the 2nds side has been undefeated, if they are looking at senior football what is their pathway

I note that 2 weeks ago in the EF you actually ran out at 38 points and this week 32 that would suggest a few injuries (Jamieson and Nyhuis both 4 pointers)
Do u think the points and salary cap in the MFL is about right and will it ever increase seeing covid reduced it

Do u think the points and salary cap in the MFL is about right and will it ever increase seeing covid reduced it
While I can understand why the why the points system was introduced, I don't think any MFL clubs would be concerned with a max 42 points the highest I've seen is about 40 in the past couple of years. The 100K cap seems to be ok. it would be interesting to get a clubs perspective are they loosing players because of a lack of $$. Probably the policing of the cap is the area that needs improvement, I don't know how many audits have been done but the only ones I know about have led to breaches, Kyneton, Barham, Dimboola, if I was the AFL I would be putting out that we have done xx audits and only xx clubs failed, but without that communication it seems that 100% have overpaid (if its 3 out of 10 clubs audited its 30%, but we don't know)

Depends on your definition of local, only 4 of their players that played on the weekend come up through Tonny juniors and only 6 live in the town. Unfortunately some good players have moved away after playing juniors but the lack of young talent will always be a problem.

Is anyone else thinking that if the predicted wet weather and winds come, Mulwala would start favourites?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back