My dad gave me cash to pay the gas bill, but instead I bought a raffle ticket to win a car

Remove this Banner Ad

Kanga man

Senior List
Feb 23, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Two days ago my dad gave me money to pay the gas bill but instead I bought a raffle ticket for the chance to win a brand new car. When I got home, I explained to my dad what I had done and he beat the crap out of me. But the next day, when my dad woke up and opened the door, outside my house there was a brand new car. We all cried, especially me, because the car belonged to a gas company worker. They were there to cut off the gas. My dad beat the crap out of me again.

MYoNk_s-200x150.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My drug addicted, gambling addicted, [insert] addicted brother used the money we gave him to pay our electricity bill just before Christmas one year to gamble with. His excuse was that once we give him the money it's his money. Learned a lesson there we did.

The millenial version of that story is.

Two days ago my dad gave me money to pay the gas bill but instead I bought a raffle ticket for the chance to win a brand new car. When I got home, I explained to my dad what I had done and he beat the crap out of me. But the next day, when my dad woke up and opened the door, outside my house there was a brand new car. It was police car to take my Dad away aggravated assault.

My drug addicted, gambling addicted, [insert] addicted brother used the money we gave him to pay our electricity bill just before Christmas one year to gamble with. His excuse was that once we give him the money it's his money. Learned a lesson there we did.
Seems like your fault. Like giving an anteater ants and then getting upset when he eats them. Also double handling is inefficient. Just pay the bill directly. No need to bring a third party into it.

Seems like your fault. Like giving an anteater ants and then getting upset when he eats them. Also double handling is inefficient. Just pay the bill directly. No need to bring a third party into it.
All my fault LOL. Firstly, we didn't know he was an addict at the time and secondly, he lived with us so there was no "third party" - one of us had to put the money in and considering we were busy at work while he was sitting at home on the dole it made sense that he'd do it (this was back in the day when you had to pay it at the post office). BTW anteaters have to eat to survive, gambling addicts don't have to gamble, regardless of what the do-gooder brigade thinks.

Two days ago my dad gave me money to but seven gatorades but instead I bought a raffle ticket for the chance to win a brand new car. When I got home, I explained to my dad what I had done and he beat the crap out of me and spat on me, which was ironic. But the next day, when my dad woke up and opened the door, outside my house there was Aaron Sandilands. We all cried, especially me, because Freo are just awful. He was there to cut off the gas. My dad beat the crap out of me again.

Later that week I was bragging to a Freo mate about my brush with fame. Showed him some pics of the day.

It was not Aaron Sandilands I'd seen. It was Steven King.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back