Optus is the ars*hole of ISP's

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
How much have they cost Australian businesses today alone?
How many cannot access an ambulance because their network has crashed?

I hope they get sued for plenty. 7 hours into the outage and incompetent, braindead CEO Kelly Bayer Rosmarin still has no idea what caused the issue and no idea when it will be fixed. This bumbling idiot did offer some brilliant advice though, she's told people without coverage to consult the Optus App for updates.

Yeah, she actually said that.

Having a personal mare with them at the moment... ordered a new phone which was despatched on the 17/10. After a couple of days I noticed it was hanging in the Vic depot of Startrack so I let their "customer service" know and they said it'll be delivered in 2-3 days. Well it got delivered back to Optus in Sydney on the 25/10 and has been sitting in their warehouse and I still can't do anything because they haven't gotten around to cancelling the order.

not a good look for them

the joys of everything just being data

If it wasn't for the fact that they have heavily subsidised Premier League coverage for account holders I would have ditched them years ago. Fortunately I have a work phone (with slightly less garbage Vodafone) to hotspot from today but I can say from experience that Optus is the single worst company I have ever had to deal with from a customer experience perspective.

And it hasn't improved since the former crooked NSW Premier has been employed as MD which is no real surprise.

Having a personal mare with them at the moment... ordered a new phone which was despatched on the 17/10. After a couple of days I noticed it was hanging in the Vic depot of Startrack so I let their "customer service" know and they said it'll be delivered in 2-3 days. Well it got delivered back to Optus in Sydney on the 25/10 and has been sitting in their warehouse and I still can't do anything because they haven't gotten around to cancelling the order.

Mate, I feel you. I have had nothing but problems with them since day one. It took me almost a year to get a series of overcharges reversed and credited to my account.

They. Are. Useless.

If it wasn't for the fact they have heavily subsidised Premier League coverage for account holders I would have ditched them years ago. Fortunately I have a work phone (with slightly less garbage Vodafone) to hotspot from today but I can say from experience that Optus is the single worst company I have ever had to deal with from a customer experience perspective.

And it hasn't improved since the former crooked NSW Premier has been employed as MD which is no real surprise.
my experience with Telcos and ISP in general is they all suck if something goes wrong and they're all fine if everything is working

which means you want to be with someone who doesn't * up and pricing is not a good indicator

These arseholes instead of compensating us for the previous data breach, they reward us with an outage.
hackers cant steal your data if they can't get online

Think About It GIF by Identity

How much have they cost Australian businesses today alone?
How many cannot access an ambulance because their network has crashed?

I hope they get sued for plenty. 7 hours into the outage and incompetent, braindead CEO Kelly Bayer Rosmarin still has no idea what caused the issue and no idea when it will be fixed. This bumbling idiot did offer some brilliant advice though, she's told people without coverage to consult the Optus App for updates.

Yeah, she actually said that.

Internet inconvenience for me aside, my main concern is how Hospitals and Ambulances are going to fare with this network outage ? This potentially could cost many lives...

Absolutely unacceptable from Optus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hack and now this. The brand sure has taken a beating.
All the parents and grandparents with landlines having the last laugh today. :D
I don't think there's really such a thing as an old-fashioned landline in terms of being POTS. Apparently Optus landline customers can't even make 000 calls at the moment (mobiles can), so those older folks are in a worse position than the younger generation who use their mobile phones for everything.

Mate, I feel you. I have had nothing but problems with them since day one. It took me almost a year to get a series of overcharges reversed and credited to my account.

They. Are. Useless.

The silly thing is I've had a good 15 years no real dramas but their "definitely not based in Australia" call centres have no power to do anything past their own desk so they just sit there saying it will be fixed hoping they are right, meanwhile trying to work out how they can get a little bit more money out of you for their KPI's. I got asked three times if I wanted a second plan for the old handset, just give my my ******* new one.

Of course mentioned above there are some annoying benefits keeping me from jumping ship being Optus Sports and the sub hub.

Stupid long outage now. You can just imagine the shouting and carrying on now. Assuming they can actually get an incident bridge going 🤣
They've probably had to send a bunch of peons to the nearest Telstra shop and buy 4/5G dongles!
Are you currently sitting in a café with working Wi-Fi? Have a look around. Some of the other customers might be Optus execs.

My bet on the root cause is a poorly documented and implemented change that failed and was only partially rolled back. The poor documentation leading to it being overlooked for hours. Like updating the firmware on core switches used in their backbone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back