parano1a

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
While the NAB CUP has traditionally been a good stage for clubs to model a one-off promotional or new clash jumper, it will be particularly interesting this year given the introduction of the 2 expansion clubs and the triple-header first round format.

Does anyone know exactly what clubs plan to wear in Round 1 of the NAB CUP? Could be particularly interesting to see if any potential clashes arise - many of the groups of 3 clubs have similar colour schemes.

Also will teams switch jumpers/shorts between consecutive games? I wonder if the AFL has even given this much thought...

I'll have a go at predicting the match ups for Round 1:

Adel/Port/Melb
Adel (home jumper, navy shorts) v Melb (new white clash jumper, white shorts)
Melb (new white clash jumper, white shorts) v Port (home jumper, black shorts)
Adel (white clash jumper, white shorts) v Port (home jumper, black shorts)
Umpires: Green

Carl/Coll/Rich
Carl (sky blue jumper, white shorts) v Rich (black NAB CUP jumper, black shorts)
Coll (black stripes on white away jumper, white shorts) v Rich (black NAB CUP jumper, black shorts)
Coll (black stripes on white away jumper, white shorts) v Carl (home jumper, navy shorts)
Umpires: Red

WCE/Freo/Haw
Not really sure here as the Eagles haven't announced their jumpers for 2011 - will be good to see Freo's new jumpers in action. Although there's potential for clashes if the AFL isn't careful in jumper choice
Umpires: Red (now it no longer exists in any of Freo's strips)

Ess/StK/Bris
Essendon haven't revealed their clash jumper yet so this could be a good chance to do it. Although more likely the AFL will take the soft option of letting them wear their usual home jumper and forcing the Saints and Lions into their white strips. In the StK v Bris game, I'd have Brisbane in their Fitzroy-style Red jumper with royal blue shorts and the Saints in white.
Umpires: Green

Syd/GWS/GC
Three teams with the same/similar predominant colour!
If the umpires run out in Red for any of these 3 games the AFL will be an absolute laughing stock (The umpires wore orange in one of GWS's trial games!).
I still don't know why the GC went with white as a clash option instead of the fluro yellow they used in the VFL last year... given that the Swans are the main team they clash with...

GWS (predominant orange jumper, charcoal shorts) v Syd (white clash jumper, white shorts)
Syd (white clash jumper, white shorts) v GC (red home jumper, red shorts)
GWS (predominant charcoal jumper, charcoal shorts v GC (red home jumper, red shorts)

Geel/NM/WB
Once again a trio of teams with very similar colours.
Maybe the Cats in their navy strip and shorts for both games, Dogs in their white clash and do the Kangas have a new predominantly royal blue away strip?

Re: NAB CUP 2011 Jumper Thread

St Kilda's NAB Cup Guernsey

nabcup_main.gif

Does that Saints jumper come in a white version as well or just the black? Because if the AFL have approved the above jumper for St Kilda to wear in the NAB Cup, surely this means Essendon will be in their yet-to-be-revealed white or silver strip...

Richmond will be wearing their yellow training jumper against Carlton and Collingwood.

St Kilda will wear the above guernsey in all NAB Cup games, as it is designed/sold as a NAB Cup Guernsey.

Doesn't mean a thing if it creates a clash and St Kilda are the "away" side for that game.

My guess (going by first-named team at "home"):
Ess (home) v Bris (red away)
Bris (red away) v St Kilda (NAB)
Ess (home) v St Kilda (new clash)

For the Perth matchups

WCE (royal) v Haw (clash)
Haw (clash) v Freo (purple)
WCE (royal) v Freo (white)

(rationale: Freo has two new jumpers to show off, Hawthorn wants to travel light)

Richmond will be wearing their yellow training jumper against Carlton and Collingwood.

And of course bloody Richmond didn't do what they said on their Facebook and Twitter feeds. They wore the black preseason jumper, as you guys expected.

Yellow?

It was grey, white, yellow and black.

It was a disgrace. When is grey and white part of Richmond's colours?

Their normal guernsey is fine - ffs wear it.

Whoever designs these monstrosities should be shot at dawn.

Read one post above yours - my "correction".

Our real jumper would have been better, yes - at the ground, I found it hard to discern between Richmond and Carlton players, unless I looked at the shorts (Richmond = black shorts). Collingwood wore their REAL jumper (white clash) which made that easy, although you could pick Collingwood easily anyway as they were the PHYSICALLY LARGER players.

Also - Richmond has previously worn silver jumpers in preseason. Tenuous but it's there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read one post above yours - my "correction".

Our real jumper would have been better, yes - at the ground, I found it hard to discern between Richmond and Carlton players, unless I looked at the shorts (Richmond = black shorts). Collingwood wore their REAL jumper (white clash) which made that easy, although you could pick Collingwood easily anyway as they were the PHYSICALLY LARGER players.

Also - Richmond has previously worn silver jumpers in preseason. Tenuous but it's there.

I agree! The location of the tiger head was almost in the same spot as the CFC logo, so a quick glance was confusing.

Doesn't come in white.

St Kilda will wear the above guernsey in all NAB Cup games, as it is designed/sold as a NAB Cup Guernsey.

Looks like you were wrong, a white version exists and was worn last night against Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back