Game Day NAB Cup R3 Crows V Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

not sure who was more surprised, Danger when caught by Armfield (twice!) or Garlett being caught by Jaensch

I always knew Jaensch was fast, but didnt think he was that quick :\ must have done some hard yards over the pre season to really push himself into contention for round 1.

His cemented his place in the side last year and with belief and experience this year he will be more consistent and even better offensively. Just needs to work on his set shots he can be quite a creative kick in field play. Not sure what games craig crowing is watching.
The finals would be my guess.

I always knew Jaensch was fast, but didnt think he was that quick :\ must have done some hard yards over the pre season to really push himself into contention for round 1.
Think it was moreso the angle of the chase he chose than MJ's raw speed that saw him "nail" Garlett, Sando commented on it that way post match, either way it was a smart bit of footy by MJ.

Think it was moreso the angle of the chase he chose than MJ's raw speed that saw him "nail" Garlett, Sando commented on it that way post match, either way it was a smart bit of footy by MJ.
Same with Armfields' chase downs of Dangerfield.

Armfield runs an intercepting course towards Dangerfield who had run 100m+ and sort of made it obvious where he was heading.

Second time Danger didn't even get going before Dennis laid the ripper tackle.

No way could Jaensch catch Garlett in say a 50m sprint.

Question; how many goals does he stop, regardless of goals kicked? Whilst the first half of the year was pretty damn good I'm sure in the second half he was making them rush their disposals or muff up their disposals out of defence. I'm not trying to build a case but to me it's an interesting question that can't be answered on a stat sheet.
Sando always says in his PC when asked about Pets that they measure his game on stats a lot of us will never see, or are never really promoted. Pressure acts, 1%ers etc, things like that.

On Petrenko, looking at his year last year:

Round 14-PF (ignore rd 13 when he was sub):
9.7 touches
0.4 goals at 27% conversion
4.0 tackles

I wouldn't be terribly upset if he does this ^ as long as he continues to do stuff like this:

He is probably the only player on the team that consistently does stuff like this. His impact on the field can't be measured in stats

I wouldn't be terribly upset if he does this ^ as long as he continues to do stuff like this:

He is probably the only player on the team that consistently does stuff like this. His impact on the field can't be measured in stats

And those types of acts are the stuff that can really lift a side. Have a look at the way Sloane & Wright (and a 3rd player) all get over to Petrenko after the goal.

Armfield runs an intercepting course towards Dangerfield who had run 100m+ and sort of made it obvious where he was heading.

Second time Danger didn't even get going before Dennis laid the ripper tackle.

First one was bad, although you wonder about the talk around him for him to be so clueless.

The second was unlucky, first that it was Armfield again, not many would keep up and secondly that he'd only just gathered the ball, took 2 steps and he was tackled. Very much borderline HTB, umpire definitely got caught up in the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back