Game Day Crows vs Power - Showdown R3 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty sure this isn't correct. If a player is standing the mark, and the other player starts to play on, they can't go over the mark until the umpire calls play on. It's happened countless times when someone has essentially played on, the guy on the mark has started to move, whistle! 50m penalty, "I hadn't called play on yet mate!"

I agree that Sholl did go to play on, but the umpire didn't call it.
"If the player who marks the football shows no intent to stop, the umpire will immedately call ‘play on’ as usual. If the player marks the football and moves off the line of kick or shows intent to ‘play on’ then subsequently decides to stop, the umpire shall call ‘play on’ as the player has played on. Umpires must be alert to quick play on calls."

Was weird.
They were saying it was a sellout. However, when the port mc bloke said it pre-game, I jumped onto Ticketek (cant recall if it was 15 or 5 minutes before the game)

Still tickets available..... (Admittedly, only in 3 bays)

But yeah, not a sellout.
Not sure if serious but one person on Twitter said they bought an 11 game membership ''because I didnt want to miss out''

Oh kay

What is it with Ken when ever they cross to him in the box he’s never speaking, surely the assistants and he would be in discussion?

The box shots are Kens time.

It is very strange there wasn't an assistant coach near him. It's like they're distancing themselves from that rabble.

"If the player who marks the football shows no intent to stop, the umpire will immedately call ‘play on’ as usual. If the player marks the football and moves off the line of kick or shows intent to ‘play on’ then subsequently decides to stop, the umpire shall call ‘play on’ as the player has played on. Umpires must be alert to quick play on calls."
He was moving backwards on his line shaping up to kick. That’s not playing on, he then took about half a step and was tackled as he was doing that, spp should hav been going out the same as his opponent as sholl was going backwards.
He wasn’t running forward to meet the ball and then continues to run forward over his mark and then gets tackled from behind, now that would be holding the ball.
He was behind his mark and that should be protected.

Might not if he had made connection with the hip and shoulder he had lined up 🙏

Yup. Chayce was out to put Bonner into next week.

Probably lucky he aimed at one of Ports squibs

He was moving backwards on his line shaping up to kick. That’s not playing on, he then took about half a step and was tackled as he was doing that, spp should hav been going out the same as his opponent as sholl was going backwards.
He wasn’t running forward to meet the ball and then continues to run forward over his mark and then gets tackled from behind, now that would be holding the ball.
He was behind his mark and that should be protected.
I agree. And it’s not play on until the umpire calls it, which he hadn’t, otherwise it’s self service by the tackler

If he isnt injured, which I doubt he is, thats disgraceful.

I would be especially saying that to any Crows player that we invested heavily in.
Did exactly the same thing last week against Collingwood....even the 5 minute fireman highlighted it (but of course then excused JHF as apparently 'young players do that' - an excuse that Kornes has never afforded any other young player that he has torched over being lazy)

There's a pattern emerging here, even from last year when he played for Norf. Seems that he only wants to work hard when it suits him.

Should be be seriously concerning

Did exactly the same thing last week against Collingwood....even the 5 minute fireman highlighted it (but of course then excused JHF as apparently 'young players do that')

There's a pattern emerging here which, would be concerning. Seems that he only wants to work hard when it suits him.

Suits Port's culture. Perfectly. Could become the classic down hill skier for them.

sgno6aptnvc01.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure where to put this, mods please re-direct or inbox as you see fit.
A friend of mine, her son was racially vilified at the game on Saturday night, he is 15 and went with another family. At the time did nothing about it as he was shocked, didnt know what to do and was very upset.
Does anyone know who at the football club AFC or PAFC him and his family could contact?
I wont go into details as he is still quite upset by it all

Last edited:
A friend of mine, her son was racially vilified at the game on Saturday night, he is 15 and went with another family. At the time did nothing about it as he was shocked, didnt know what to do and was very upset.
Does anyone know who at the football club AFC or PAFC him and his family could contact?

Social media and tag both clubs into it.

I’m sorry to hear that, there are still some s**t people out there, tell him there is a lot of support for him in the community and stay positive he is respected by far more

Last edited:

Call the FiveAA sports show and call it out.

Email the club setting out what happened and especially identify where the grub or grubs that did the vilifying were sitting.
CC AFL, PAFC, every media outlet you can think of.
Put the details up on Facebook, Twitter and any other social media.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

do you know a specific email address?

Port Adelaide v Adelaide​

10 Izak Rankine (ADEL)
7 Riley Thilthorpe (ADEL)
5 Jordan Dawson (ADEL)
3 Sam Powell-Pepper (PORT)
3 Reilly O'Brien (ADEL)
2 Connor Rozee (PORT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back