Game Day Crows vs Power - Showdown R3 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

An opponent can't teleport out of the area just because a mark gets taken

They need to be given time to vacate the area

Sholl, through lack of awareness, used that time to play on even though there was an opposition player in his hip pocket

Yes, umpires often compromise and blow the play dead in those situations. Saving players from their own stupidity but didn't here.
You’re clutching here mate, SPP made no attempt to depart, Umpire 11 should’ve immediately been telling him to get out. Sholl hadnt moved when he was tackled, he motioned to move, was still behind his Mark. Not play on, was a bullshit biased (as it turns out) call by a guy who has no business umpiring in this match up.

338489474_260431056315094_4023627144084403768_n.jpg

An opponent can't teleport out of the area just because a mark gets taken

They need to be given time to vacate the area

Sholl, through lack of awareness, used that time to play on even though there was an opposition player in his hip pocket

Yes, umpires often compromise and blow the play dead in those situations. Saving players from their own stupidity but didn't here.
Yes. Very true..

but that doesn’t mean he can instantly tackle the player with the ball before the ump even calls play on..

strange hill for you to die on here dabm…

what should’ve happened was the umpire shouldve stopped play and called all players out of the 5m zone before allowing anything else to happen.. even sholl to play on..

Yes it does

The "call" is nothing. Same as you can't pole-axe a bloke who's just taken a mark just because the umpire hasn't blown the whistle yet or signalled mark. You've played on when the umpire decides that you've played on.

I'm pretty sure this isn't correct. If a player is standing the mark, and the other player starts to play on, they can't go over the mark until the umpire calls play on. It's happened countless times when someone has essentially played on, the guy on the mark has started to move, whistle! 50m penalty, "I hadn't called play on yet mate!"

I agree that Sholl did go to play on, but the umpire didn't call it.

I'm pretty sure this isn't correct. If a player is standing the mark, and the other player starts to play on, they can't go over the mark until the umpire calls play on. It's happened countless times when someone has essentially played on, the guy on the mark has started to move, whistle! 50m penalty, "I hadn't called play on yet mate!"

Exactly.

Otherwise players on the mark could sprint forward the instant a player looks to start his kicking action.

This is obviously not allowed

There's a lag with every decision

It takes time to bring the whistle to your mouth, to signal, to call out.

The umpire is always a bit behind. Events occur as they occur though.

Exactly.

Otherwise players on the mark could sprint forward the instant a player looks to start his kicking action.

This is obviously not allowed
They can, as long as the kicking action is sideways and the umpire decides that he's played on

SPP rolled the dice on the umpire being quick on the decision, and he was.

Think about what happens with every around the corner set shot

They can, as long as the kicking action is sideways and the umpire decides that he's played on

They are told to wait until the umpires call play on.

Often the player has already taken multiple steps before the guys on the mark can move

You watch every field kick the player on the mark can’t move until the umpire has called play on, the player doesn’t get to guess when the umpire interprets it, it goes on the umpire calling it out so everyone knows at the same time.
You end up with the kicker getting 3-5m off the line before the player on the mark is allowed to move.
Same with around the corner kicks.
If they both went at the same time it would get smothered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You watch every field kick the player on the mark can’t move until the umpire has called play on, the player doesn’t get to guess when the umpire interprets it, it goes on the umpire calling it out so everyone knows at the same time.
You end up with the kicker getting 3-5m off the line before the player on the mark is allowed to move.
Same with around the corner kicks.
If they both went at the same time it would get smothered.
No it wouldn't?

It's 10m space. The kicker usually cribs about 2m

What is it with Ken when ever they cross to him in the box he’s never speaking, surely the assistants and he would be in discussion?
Nah thats for coaches who coach, no need for a motivator to be involved in that stuff 😂

Yes it does

The "call" is nothing. Same as you can't pole-axe a bloke who's just taken a mark just because the umpire hasn't blown the whistle yet or signalled mark. You've played on when the umpire decides that you've played on.
I've already taken you to the rule, you're just being stubborn at this point.

Not only is it the rule that play on happens on the call, it's the only way it could work.

Yes it does

No. How would any player know when he was free to tackle? The umpire both indicates and calls play on.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back