List Mgmt. Narkle, Evans, Tsapitolis, Stevens and Williams delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I like the idea of adding someone mid season ... id have picked someone who played a different role.

I agree. If it were me I would be thinking I need to target someone who can actually have an impact in the six months they'll be at the club. You've got to be thinking, six months then gone. Perhaps there's a veteran out there who feels he's been squeezed out of his previous club, that he's still got something to offer, and would leap at an outside chance of sneaking into a side challenging for another flag. Someone around the 190cm size, for maximum flexibility as a medi-sub, would be ideal.

Doubt he'd go for it, but if there's a mid-season pick for Geelong, we'd be dumb not to at least politely ask David Mundy how the body's feeling and if he misses running around out there. That's the sort of thinking I would take to the mid-season draft anyway.

Not really any shocks in this list.

Once Dahlhaus retires that will be all the "obvious" list changes done. It gets trickier after that, with the Simpson decision a seriously tough one that could go either way and SavRat being a potential outgoing trade option. And of course we'll presumably going to find out soon whether Selwood will play on or not.
I'd love to rookie Sav and give him a solid year in defence. He didn't look too bad, seems like the sort of player that would benefit from always having the ball in front of him. Imagine him and SDK holding up the fort.

Bizarre move with Williams. Why mid-season rookie yet another small forward, play him out of position in the VFL, and then delist him after six months? Weird.
Because we tried him as a forward could not get a kick, and only when he went back as the loose man he got a kick, was never getting a game in our side

I agree. If it were me I would be thinking I need to target someone who can actually have an impact in the six months they'll be at the club. You've got to be thinking, six months then gone. Perhaps there's a veteran out there who feels he's been squeezed out of his previous club, that he's still got something to offer, and would leap at an outside chance of sneaking into a side challenging for another flag. Someone around the 190cm size, for maximum flexibility as a medi-sub, would be ideal.

Doubt he'd go for it, but if there's a mid-season pick for Geelong, we'd be dumb not to at least politely ask David Mundy how the body's feeling and if he misses running around out there. That's the sort of thinking I would take to the mid-season draft anyway.

Id probably would have looked at a tallish defender..its anobvious hole on our list. Williams came into a very strong role ... with Demps in the waiting. I liked the idea of someone like Jed Rule who was a 19yo playing nabL

The truth is .... the availability of players... now has probably changed our ideas since a few months ago.

Dahl has to be gone surely.
Personally I'd love it if we could sign he and Higgins to the VFL squad if they were still willing to play.

Dahl is a cert to retire but id love to keep him as vfl list skipper next year if hes willing to.

The other delists (apart from tsapa) can all play a bit and are casualties of a tight list with limited spots for players who are being traded in.
Hope some find new homes.

Simpson is the only player other than dahl left uncontracted be interesting to see if he survives the cut.

To everyone here, can guarantee Sav isn't going anywhere. Scott made mention of him in his post GF presser specifically, alongside Menegola and Holmes. Obviously Scotty and everyone else here loves him, and he has shown some ability to play down back in the latter part of the season in both the VFL and AFL - so he won't be one of the ones leaving.

If I'm to guess, it'll be:

Delist: Evans, Narkle, Stevens, Tsap, Z. Williams, S. Simpson
Retire: Sel, Dahl, S. Higgins
Re-rookie: S. Simpson
Elevate: Atkins and Close
Bring in: Bruhn, Henry and McKenna (and maybe Bowes and possibly Jhye Clark if we get Bowes and Pick 7)

Can't see many other changes besides those

Why havent they delisted dalhaus?

evans really turned out to be a big nothing burger.

Letting dahl retire.

Lets see if evans goes to port as DFA.

I'd love to rookie Sav and give him a solid year in defence. He didn't look too bad, seems like the sort of player that would benefit from always having the ball in front of him. Imagine him and SDK holding the fort.

I can see sav and simpson potentially as delists and re rookies if no other club takes them.

Dahl is a cert to retire but id love to keep him as vfl list skipper next year if hes willing to.

The other delists (apart from tsapa) can all play a bit and are casualties of a tight list with limited spots for players who are being traded in.
Hope some find new homes.

Simpson is the only player other than dahl left uncontracted be interesting to see if he survives the cut.
If dahl is a cert why hasnt he done it yet? He could of been on the gf motorcade.

To everyone here, can guarantee Sav isn't going anywhere. Scott made mention of him in his post GF presser specifically, alongside Menegola and Holmes. Obviously Scotty and everyone else here loves him, and he has shown some ability to play down back in the latter part of the season in both the VFL and AFL - so he won't be one of the ones leaving.

If I'm to guess, it'll be:

Delist: Evans, Narkle, Stevens, Tsap, Z. Williams, S. Simpson
Retire: Sel, Dahl, S. Higgins
Re-rookie: S. Simpson
Elevate: Atkins and Close
Bring in: Bruhn, Henry and McKenna (and maybe Bowes and possibly Jhye Clark if we get Bowes and Pick 7)

Can't see many other changes besides those

Scott wont decide on sav mackie will.
And also sav might see the writing on the wall and ask for a trade for more gametime elsewhere.

Fyi in your numbers above (bruhn henry bowes mckenna in) that would only give us 1 senior list spot for draft (unless mckenna comes as a cat a rookie in which case its 2 senior list spots) but we could take only 1 pick and 2 rookie elevations (atkins and close) to meet the 3 changes.
We will have 2cat b spots free so will be interesting to see if we can find another sport player.

If dahl is a cert why hasnt he done it yet? He could of been on the gf motorcade.

Some players prefer not to announce until after the gf when all the hoopla is done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Evans was going to be traded to Port?

Or did we do the same thing as with Narkle and just 'delist' him to allow him to be picked up as a DFA?

We can still trade them and wouldn't be surprised if that's actually what happens with Evans and if there's a taker for Narkle

The DFA period doesn't start until after the trade period is complete - so an announcement like today may be to help those guys look for new homes & other clubs know they are available and start the process rolling

Sav has a contract until 2023 so we can't delist and re-rookie him.

You can still delist and re rookie contracted players we did with brownless recently and clubs do it all the time (see jared polec on norths rookie list etc). Its totally legal.

Sav has a contract until 2023 so we can't delist and re-rookie him.
Yes we can and happens almost yearly across the league

We've done that before - Brownless & Abbott were both contracted when we delisted them with the intent to re-rookie them

It also happens with those who retire early with like a year to run on their contact as it helps the club balance the books rather than a full payout to the player

You can still delist and re rookie contracted players we did with brownless recently and clubs do it all the time (see jared polec on norths rookie list etc). Its totally legal.

I didn't know that was allowed tbh. Surely once the player has signed the contract the club is committed to honouring that contract and paying them the salary they were owed. What good is the contract if the club can just delist them anyway and put them on a rookie contract (presumably for less $$$)?

What good is the contract if the club can just delist them anyway and put them on a rookie contract (presumably for less $$$)?
They have to pay the full signed contract

Not surprised. Never thought any would make it. Was baffled that Evans and Stevens had fans here. Neither looked up to it

I was hoping Stevens would come on in 2022 but he seemed to regress.
Probably hasn't helped that Zuthrie has improved out of sight and Duncan/Tuohy have at times gone back to play the distributor role.
Maybe it also means we are confident in getting McKenna?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back