NASCAR v F1 v IRL v Champ Car v V8

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2004
Chicago, IL, USA
Other Teams
S.D. Chargers, Utah, Jeff Burton
OK, I'll put up 5 drivers from NASCAR (NEXTEL Cup Series) vs. any 5 from any other series and I believe I'd come out on top. :)

My 5
-Jimmie Johnson
-Greg Biffle
-Mark Martin
-Jeff Gordon
-Tony Stewart

Mountain West said:
OK, I'll put up 5 drivers from NASCAR (NEXTEL Cup Series) vs. any 5 from any other series and I believe I'd come out on top. :)

My 5
-Jimmie Johnson
-Greg Biffle
-Mark Martin
-Jeff Gordon
-Tony Stewart

Hmm, some interesting picks there, being a fan of 4 of these series and having an interest in the other I'll pick 5 of each but I'm not sure who'd come out on top given there are some quality drivers in this bunch of 25:

NASCAR
- Mark Martin
- Tony Stewart
- Kasey Kahne
- Carl Edwards
- Jimmie Johnson

F1
- Michael Schumacher
- Kimi Raikkonen
- Fernando Alonso
- Juan Pablo Montoya
- Mark Webber :D

IRL
- Tony Kanaan
- Dan Wheldon
- Sam Hornish Jr.
- Buddy Rice
- Tomas Scheckter

Champ Car
- Paul Tracy
- Sebastien Bourdais
- Bruno Junqueira
- Justin Wilson
- A.J. Allmendinger

V8 Supercars
- Marcus Ambrose
- Russell Ingall
- Mark Skaife
- Greg Murphy
- Rick Kelly

In the end I'll go for Champ Car, the guys may not be the biggest names but they have the most experience running in open wheel, stock car & sportscars as well as plenty of Road, Oval & Street course experience.

Mountain West said:

How? Cause you say so? Well I say a good driver is a good driver no matter what series he's in. A great driver will dominate the series that most fits his style. But the Champions can dominate in any form of racing and these are few and far between, maybe only one the great Jim Clarke.

How can you even compare them? They're four very different classes of motor racing. You've all seen how many CHAMPCar guys struggled in F1 (da Matta being the latest).

To be fair to CdM though he didn't have a top car, those Toyota's were very average. Jacques Villeneuve & Juan Pablo Montoya are Champ Car Champions & Indy 500 winners that have translated that success into F1 because they've had a good car. I think you have to be a better driver in Champ Car & the IRL to succeed given that the cars are on a more level playing field. Obviously you have better funded teams in Champ Car (e.g N-H, Forsythe) and the IRL (e.g. AGR, Penske) that engineer their cars better that gives them the edge but the gap is nowhere near what it is like in F1 between say Renault & Sauber.

ComicStoreGuy said:
How? Cause you say so? Well I say a good driver is a good driver no matter what series he's in. A great driver will dominate the series that most fits his style. But the Champions can dominate in any form of racing and these are few and far between, maybe only one the great Jim Clarke.

Didn't mean to touch a nerve. Only my opinion.

Ray Nolan said:
Jacques Villeneuve & Juan Pablo Montoya

And Emerson Fittipaldi, Michael Andretti, Nigel Mansell

Ljp86 said:
And Emerson Fittipaldi, Michael Andretti, Nigel Mansell

Fittipaldi & Mansell were F1 Champions that went to CART and had success, Michael "Kool Aid" Andretti was an F1 failure, commuting to Europe from the US for the races was hopeless, went back to CART as quick as he could.

Ray Nolan said:
Fittipaldi & Mansell were F1 Champions that went to CART and had success, Michael "Kool Aid" Andretti was an F1 failure, commuting to Europe from the US for the races was hopeless, went back to CART as quick as he could.

Whatever, i knew they were F1 champs anyway. Andretti wasn't that bad, shame they sacked him though. In his last race he finished 3rd for McLaren then they got rid of him and his replacement was none other than Mika Hakkinen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back