Player Watch Nathan Murphy (Retired 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw Murphy running at training a few weeks ago. In a straight line and not at full pace, but otherwise freely. He wasn’t training with the main group- but the signs were good. Has there been an update or setback?

In a prediction thread before the start of the season I said that I thought he'd take some great strides this year, maybe get himself some senior footy. It's frustrating to see the development of young players stymied by injury, especially when it also goes against my predictions...

He's a tough sort of character, bit of class about him, hope he gets to end the year playing footy. Next year will be his.

In a prediction thread before the start of the season I said that I thought he'd take some great strides this year, maybe get himself some senior footy. It's frustrating to see the development of young players stymied by injury, especially when it also goes against my predictions...

He's a tough sort of character, bit of class about him, hope he gets to end the year playing footy. Next year will be his.

I thought the same about Daicos but he got a heavy knock in a preseason game and took until after the Bombers game at Windy Hill (just about his worst game of the year) to start to find some form and really start to push for senior selection.

I thought the same about Daicos but he got a heavy knock in a preseason game and took until after the Bombers game at Windy Hill (just about his worst game of the year) to start to find some form and really start to push for senior selection.

Apples is another one I had some hope for...but by the time an opportunity arose this year he was out of action himself.

I'm looking forward to Daics, got a feeling he'll give us some Cal Brown moments next year.

He was my pick for break out year.
Just looked the goods last season to really make it, looks a bit classy.

Now he just has to work hard, consolidate his fitness and development and push on in 2020.

Fingers or is that ankle crossed.

Add Elliott and Langdon to the list. Can't see either of them playing a meaningful role again this year.
Elliott is all but back.

The great thing with Elliott is even his cameo appearances* he still has it and gets good games on.

A ten game block by him including finals and we’ll be well placed.

But it’s a tentative thing.

* some players when they return from injury gaps require a good few games to work into it, Elliott is not one of those he creates solace, height in the air and gets goals basically always from the get go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was my pick for break out year.
Just looked the goods last season to really make it, looks a bit classy.

Now he just has to work hard, consolidate his fitness and development and push on in 2020.

Fingers or is that ankle crossed.

He just seemed to have a knack of getting to contests, including along the wing, so I looked forward to seeing him win more of those. He definitely used the ball well enough.

Not sure if I imagined it, but also thought he was involved in a fair bit of push and shove last year, which suggested (a) that he was being targeted an/or (b) that he has a healthy competitive spirit. Anyway, I saw it all as a good sign.

Apples is another one I had some hope for...but by the time an opportunity arose this year he was out of action himself.

I'm looking forward to Daics, got a feeling he'll give us some Cal Brown moments next year.
Bullish on Daicos, there was a piece of play against Norf last year, coming out of the back half and laced someone midfield on his left. Had some class about it

He would definitely have got some games this year if he’d been fit.

What’s the back problem?not a disc is it? I’ve got one of those and it’s hell.

He would definitely have got some games this year if he’d been fit.

What’s the back problem?not a disc is it? I’ve got one of those and it’s hell.

Not sure at all. His initial ankle injury cleared up, so he's been largely sidelined by the back issue...whatever it might be. We can only hope that he gets healthy and stays healthy, gets a bit of footy into him before the year is done, then has another crack next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back