Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 26, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
OKC, Coburg, Werribee, Storm, QPR
upload_2017-7-20_18-55-55.png
The NBA G League is the National Basketball Association's official minor league basketball organisation. The league was known as the National Basketball Development League (NBDL) from 2001 to 2005, and the NBA Development League (NBA D-League) from 2005 until 2017. The league started with eight teams until NBA commissioner David Stern announced a plan to expand the NBA D-League to fifteen teams. As of the 2017–18 season, the league consists of 26 teams, all of which are either single-affiliated or owned by an NBA team.
170609_map_1500.jpg

For the 2017–18 season, the league rebranded to become the NBA G League as part of a multi-year partnership with Gatorade.​

Salt Lake City Stars
The Salt Lake City Stars are based in Salt Lake City, Utah (the same location as its affiliate the Utah Jazz). Beginning in the 2016–17 season, the Stars play at the Lifetime Activities Center-Bruin Arena, on the campus of Salt Lake Community College. Prior to the move to Salt Lake City for the 2016–17 season, the team was known as the Idaho Stampede.
Current Jerseys:
CfOPKgeUEAAMzHY.jpg

My redesign:
upload_2017-7-20_20-25-15.png
A basic start to kick this off, but the Stars are one of the few clubs that isn't a Lite version of their affiliate, so I tried to give them a solid identity that carried through all three jerseys.

Long Island Nets
The Long Island Nets are based in Nassau County and play their home games at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York. The Long Island Nets are currently affiliated with the Brooklyn Nets.
Current Jerseys:
image.JPG

My redesign:
upload_2017-8-1_21-32-10.png
The home jersey is almost a recolour of Brooklyn's jersey but suited to the Long Island colour scheme. The away is kind of a baseball themed design since the current logo has a vintage looking wordmark. The alternate is all black to pay homage to affiliate, the Brooklyn Nets.
Anyone comments or criticism, or even requests for any teams? Please, do let me know!

Last edited:

View attachment 394299
The NBA G League is the National Basketball Association's official minor league basketball organisation. The league was known as the National Basketball Development League (NBDL) from 2001 to 2005, and the NBA Development League (NBA D-League) from 2005 until 2017. The league started with eight teams until NBA commissioner David Stern announced a plan to expand the NBA D-League to fifteen teams. As of the 2017–18 season, the league consists of 26 teams, all of which are either single-affiliated or owned by an NBA team.
170609_map_1500.jpg

For the 2017–18 season, the league rebranded to become the NBA G League as part of a multi-year partnership with Gatorade.​

tfw Chicago's B team have a better logo than the A team.

Same deal with LA Clippers/Agua Caliente. Chicago probably would never change, because they've had that logo for ages.

Doesn't need to change per se, but it could do with a modernisation IMO.

Santa Cruz Warriors
The Santa Cruz Warriors are based in Santa Cruz, California. The team is affiliated with the Golden State Warriors, and they play their homes games at the Kaiser Permanente Arena. Prior to the move to Santa Cruz for the 2012–13 season, the team was known as the Dakota Wizards.
Current Jerseys:

20161215165901_1.jpg

My redesign:
upload_2017-8-2_21-31-44.png
The Warriors, like their NBA affiliate, use Copperplate on their logos. I removed the W logo from the Warriors wordmark and completely ditched the Santa Cruz wordmark, in favour of one single uniform wordmark. The pride jersey is similar to the Golden State Warriors home and away jerseys, however, it is yellow and the logo doesn't feature a bridge, instead featuring a large W taken from their logo.

Last edited:
Oklahoma City Blue
The Oklahoma City Blue are affiliated to the Oklahoma City Thunder. The franchise began as the Asheville Altitude in 2001, before moving to Tulsa, Oklahoma, in 2005 and becoming the Tulsa 66ers. After nine seasons in Tulsa, the franchise moved to Oklahoma City in 2014 and were subsequently renamed the Oklahoma City Blue.
Current Jerseys:
contintal_release_jersey_141002.jpg

My redesign:
upload_2017-8-3_22-5-8.png
I'm not gonna lie, as an OKC fan, we have some of the worst branding in the NBA, yet somehow our D-League team could look even worse. My favourite Thunder jersey is our sunset one, so I used the logo from that, but coloured the whole jersey blue (or white) because they are called the Blue!
Anyone comments or criticism, or even requests for any teams? Please, do let me know!

Iowa Wolves
The Iowa Wolves are based in Des Moines, Iowa. They are owned by and affiliated with the Minnesota Timberwolves as of the 2017–18 season. The Wolves play their home games at the Wells Fargo Arena. From 2007 to 2017, the team was known as the Iowa Energy before being purchased and renamed by the Timberwolves.
Current Jerseys: (since the upcoming season will be their first as the Wolves, I will show you the Energy jerseys)
upload_2017-8-17_22-33-39.png
My redesign:
upload_2017-8-17_22-33-56.png
So seeing as Minnesota has had a rebrand, I decided to capitalise on this and use their new colour scheme. Something that their new jerseys have failed to do. So I used minimal green on the home jersey for contrast and used more on the away and third. I guess now I know why they didn't use more green on Minnesota's jerseys. I must say though, they have created a nice logo suite with the colours. The name for the third is a play on the franchise's previous name, the Energy (plus the colour I used is volt green, so it all ties in well.)
Any comments or criticism, or even requests for any teams? Please, do let me know!

Maine Red Claws
The Maine Red Claws are affiliated with the Boston Celtics. The team played its first season in 2009–10. The team's home court is the Portland Expo Building. The team is owned by Maine Basketball, LLC, which is chaired by William Ryan, Jr.
Current Jerseys:
upload_2017-9-5_21-54-39.png
My redesign:
upload_2017-9-5_21-54-5.png
I decided to overhaul the wordmarks in favour of a more classic look, since Boston use a very classic jersey set. The green is obviously a homage to affiliates, the Boston Celtics. My reasoning behind doing a troops jersey was because Maine have done this previously. A couple times, actually, however mine is a lot more subtle and uses a club colour. I'm not seeing much love for this portfolio so likes are appreciated. Any comments or criticism, or even requests for any teams? Please, do let me know!

Maine Red Claws
The Maine Red Claws are affiliated with the Boston Celtics. The team played its first season in 2009–10. The team's home court is the Portland Expo Building. The team is owned by Maine Basketball, LLC, which is chaired by William Ryan, Jr.
Current Jerseys:
View attachment 412191
My redesign:
View attachment 412189
I decided to overhaul the wordmarks in favour of a more classic look, since Boston use a very classic jersey set. The green is obviously a homage to affiliates, the Boston Celtics. My reasoning behind doing a troops jersey was because Maine have done this previously. A couple times, actually, however mine is a lot more subtle and uses a club colour. I'm not seeing much love for this portfolio so likes are appreciated. Any comments or criticism, or even requests for any teams? Please, do let me know!
Red and green is an interesting combo, reminds me of my old primary school footy jumpers. Would like to see a few more elements used in future designs though, like the Salt Lake ones, particularly for teams that are closely aligned with their NBA affiliates.

Really think that this portfolio can be there as one of the greats for 2017 with a couple of tweaks. The ideas are there but I feel like more is needed. Take inspiration from the elements from the logos and wordmarks and weave them into your designs. I really like the Stars design you have going there because it's out of the box and clever as you are using elements from their identity and keeping it fresh. Think of the locations that the teams are and adapt some of their city 'decor' in the kits. You've certainly improved and there is still a long positive road ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back