Portfolio NBL 19/20

Remove this Banner Ad

muggsy26

Senior List
Jan 14, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Hey Guys, getting right into my basketball design with the ABA just wrapping up and thought it would be cool to do a NBL portfolio. Will try and post a team each day. Would love to hear any feedback on the designs too!

Last edited:

Next Up is the South East Melbourne Phoenix. Seeing as they are the new franchise I had a bit of fun with this design and went with a more crazy design based off the wings in the logo. I loved their colours and can't wait to see what they actually run out in. From Left to Right: Away, Home, Alternate

I'm also trying to improve on my presentation of the designs, so any feedback in regards to the designs and the presentation would be much appreciated. SEM Phoenix All In One.png

Team 3 are the Brisbane Bullets. These guys were difficult to design for, but this is what I have come up with. I have brought back a little bit of red trim and also a Maroon and Gold Alternate. Bris Bullets All In One.png

Up next are the Illawarra Hawks. Although I like the simplicity of their uniforms this year the Hawks have had no consistency to their uniforms in the last 5 years. Switching from Red at Home to Black and drastically changing their designs. I've taken inspiration from their previous uniforms and think their horizontal chest stripe can become iconic to Illawarra, and a design element that can be altered year in year out to keep the fans happy. The Uniforms are from Left to Right: Away, Home, Alternate ILL Hawks All In One.png

Up next are the Illawarra Hawks. Although I like the simplicity of their uniforms this year the Hawks have had no consistency to their uniforms in the last 5 years. Switching from Red at Home to Black and drastically changing their designs. I've taken inspiration from their previous uniforms and think their horizontal chest stripe can become iconic to Illawarra, and a design element that can be altered year in year out to keep the fans happy. The Uniforms are from Left to Right: Away, Home, AlternateView attachment 608078
The red looks too orangy to me.

Next Up are Perth. I found it really difficult to design for Perth, but I really like the Sunset design that Utah use and Freight Train's city jersey used.
For the Home and Away they maintain the Wildcats recent look with a subtle gradient. With the Alternate I tried to do something a little different, taking inspiration from Virginia Tech, for the Cats and use a darker red/maroon with Red elements. Perth Wildcats All In One.png

Next Up the Sydney Kings. I reverted back to the Purple, Black and Gold. For some reason I am not a fan of the Lakers look they are going for in the past few years. The design down the side panel is based off the top of the crown and is something unique to the Kings. Sydney Kings All In One.png

Attachments

• Sydney Kings All In One.png
    Sydney Kings All In One.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 95

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next up the Cairns Taipans. I think their Home uniform this year is arguably the best out of the lot and could easily be untouched. Nonetheless, with this set I have decided to go with a fangs design from the Taipan. I've also brought back the diamonds from their old logo, as I think they add a unique element to their uniforms. Cairns Taipans All In One.png

Next up are the NZ Breakers. I really like what the Breakers have done by incorporating the Maori design into their uniforms in the past few years. I also think minimising the white on their Home uniforms will create a more powerful look. The alternate is an NZ inspired uniform that could be worn in Home games outside of Auckland. (The Maori design element has been traced from their uniform from this season). NZ Breakers All In One.png

I like the Taipans set especially the fangs on the sides. Im not a fan of the curvy Taipans logos on the jerseys though. I realize this comes from the logo but its just not doing it for me.

Ive only looked at the Breakers on Tapatalk so I cant see all the details but I loove it!! I wonder sometimes what Port would have looked like if they had have gone with the black, white and blue.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Finally, Adelaide 36ers. I think Adelaide has one of the better uniforms from First Ever. Although I'm not a fan of their rebrand the Bullets have kind of stolen their colours now, so I decided to keep them as Navy Gold and Red. I also don't like the unnecessary addition of white on the Home uniforms and I think they look much better when they stick to their key colours. A red alternate is something a bit different and out there for the 36ers and I have used a wing design that is similar to the one on their City Edition Uniforms. Ade 36ERS All In One.png

Finally, Adelaide 36ers. I think Adelaide has one of the better uniforms from First Ever. Although I'm not a fan of their rebrand the Bullets have kind of stolen their colours now, so I decided to keep them as Navy Gold and Red. I also don't like the unnecessary addition of white on the Home uniforms and I think they look much better when they stick to their key colours. A red alternate is something a bit different and out there for the 36ers and I have used a wing design that is similar to the one on their City Edition Uniforms. View attachment 610058
Orange? also the lack of Swoop City disappoints me.

Orange? also the lack of Swoop City disappoints me.
All the colours I've used have come from the team logos, to me that looks Red, but maybe my computer is playing tricks on me. Also, I really dislike the Swoop City jersey, for some reason the name just seems really corny and a knock off attempt of an NBA City concept.

All the colours I've used have come from the team logos, to me that looks Red, but maybe my computer is playing tricks on me. Also, I hate the Swoop City jersey, for some reason the name just seems really corny and a knock off attempt of an NBA City concept.
looks to me like a completely different red from the one that is seen in the logo that you have above it. Also, it's understandable that you don't get the whole swoop city thing, it's supposed to be a term that is only used by South Australians to other South Australians back in the day to identify who was a free settler and not some filthy convict, I don't know why the 36er's decided it was a good idea to let the secret out...

looks to me like a completely different red from the one that is seen in the logo that you have above it. Also, it's understandable that you don't get the whole swoop city thing, it's supposed to be a term that is only used by South Australians to other South Australians back in the day to identify who was a free settler and not some filthy convict, I don't know why the 36er's decided it was a good idea to let the secret out...

Ahh cool that's interesting to know. Would be nice if they let out a little bit more information behind each team's Jerseys.

My computer might be playing up but I just checked and that was the red that I got from the logo :think:

Ahh cool that's interesting to know. Would be nice if they let out a little bit more information behind each team's Jerseys.
I was taking the piss, Swoop City is not a thing at all and simply a cringy NBA knockoff like you said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back