NCFL Central discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

If donald hasn’t lost anyone and they are gaining Stevenson and Browne there’s no reason they can’t beat Nullawil twice during the season again despite Wade and Lawrence etc joining Nully. Both good teams
Boort finishing higher than the Redbacks has me baffled tbh Redbacks beat them by 12 goals last year and have gained Metherell and Tony Zelencich. I understand that’s not nippa Gordon and Nic rippon but Redbacks will hold there own

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If donald hasn’t lost anyone and they are gaining Stevenson and Browne there’s no reason they can’t beat Nullawil twice during the season again despite Wade and Lawrence etc joining Nully. Both good teams
Boort finishing higher than the Redbacks has me baffled tbh Redbacks beat them by 12 goals last year and have gained Metherell and Tony Zelencich. I understand that’s not nippa Gordon and Nic rippon but Redbacks will hold there own

Boort have recruited about 14, 3 of who will be as good as any recruits in the league, with a better run with injuries they will be massive improvers. I think you may be overestimating the ability of the Burns 3 recruits have lost more ability than they have gained. Rosengren, Holt and Barnes for a start leave a huge hole

Im out of the loop with boort’s recruits I can’t seem to find them
Local boy Keeble is huge
Rosengren holt and Barnes are huge outs no doubt but Zelencich will surprise a few his a very fit boy and can play
Oscar holt runs all day and returns from knee reco
I think after hearing boorts recruits it may well be 50/50 between the pair wouldn’t surprise me if boort knock ‘em off with the Ins they got
Redbacks worst enemy is normally injures and a probably a star player or 2 short across every line

Local boy Keeble is huge
Rosengren holt and Barnes are huge outs no doubt but Zelencich will surprise a few his a very fit boy and can play
I think after hearing boorts recruits it may well be 50/50 between the pair wouldn’t surprise me if boort knock ‘em off with the Ins they got
Redbacks worst enemy is normally injures and a probably a star player or 2 short across every line

Smithy may be able to hack Boorts facebook page and get some names but I read somewhere that besides Keeble they have another gun from Sebas, a bloke who played a handful of games at the Brisbane Lions and a highly credentialled recruit from Coburg. You would imagine Shane Biggs would be improved after last season and finally Boort and the Saints have got what the Redbacks would love, some very handy under 17s who were blooded at senior level last season.

Local boy Keeble is huge

Country VIC Footy news on Facebook did a post about who boort have picked up! Looks like a few of them are older blokes Matt Austin is 35 I think
11 new players but have lost Nathan Twigg, Darcy Hawker, Alex Davis and Sam Green.
Give it a read if you want to know more!

A lot of talk about the crops and Birchip, Sea Lake and Nully. Are all the other towns in the comp cities or something? Why wouldn’t Wyche have had a good harvest?

Birchip, Sea lake and Nulli have their own farms in prime grain growing area which this year got spring rains which other areas missed leading to bumper crops
Add the Royal blues to your list. They have had the “footy farm” for as long as I can remember, they also manage the Donald caravan park. While it isn’t a major Big 4, my understanding is they do very well off the grey nomads.
We do put a bit of crop in but nothing compared to the other teams, they are all set up really well and good on em. I’d give Nully 8 games a year to get in on their set up.

Add the Royal blues to your list. They have had the “footy farm” for as long as I can remember, they also manage the Donald caravan park. While it isn’t a major Big 4, my understanding is they do very well off the grey nomads.
We do put a bit of crop in but nothing compared to the other teams, they are all set up really well and good on em. I’d give Nully 8 games a year to get in on their set up.

And Donald still beat nully all year… except finals when it matters haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or is this a matter of the purple headed monster or these clubs have a dip and care about their community and the impact it has on them and success? Rather than teeing off on the clubs why doesn’t everyone else try? As I said, St Arnaud might be the only city in the north central, what makes them clubs better? Got the same avenues with farming?

Or is this a matter of the purple headed monster or these clubs have a dip and care about their community and the impact it has on them and success? Rather than teeing off on the clubs why doesn’t everyone else try? As I said, St Arnaud might be the only city in the north central, what makes them clubs better? Got the same avenues with farming?
If it was only as simple as you seem to think it is. if it was that simple dont you think everyone would be doing it. Say gday to Alice for me.

You cant place enough value on the efforts of volunteers. In saying that though I would think that the commitee and rest are working as hard at all clubs. Some clubs are better resourced and get more bang for their buck. Im not against clubs stripping a million dollars worth of crop, its just the way the supposed rules are bent at the top end. Piss the salary cap and points off and let em spend what they want, then others could keep their powder dry and have a bash every few years.
PS A million dollar harvest is not a hairy fairy figure, in a couple of cases conservative. If the Hobart licence falls through more power to the emergence of The Mallee Maulers. Nulli, Birchip, Sea Lake amalgamated. Your allowed to dream.

Last edited:
Donald wouldn't be far behind would they, big browney has a great footy resume, Stephenson is still young and played wafl seniors, I know Bourkey would have had an influence getting them there and for a discount but you'd still think they are on good coin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back