NCFL Central discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Should get interleague back start throwing hosking, wade, rippon, Gordon, Stevenson,St Arnaud state players, the nully boys will have a few, Tony Zelencich, big Browne from Donald list goes on might scare a few stronger leagues, wyche recruits, Keeble, pretty much every club has someone good enough

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Should get interleague back start throwing hosking, wade, rippon, Gordon, Stevenson,St Arnaud state players, the nully boys will have a few, Tony Zelencich, big Browne from Donald list goes on might scare a few stronger leagues, wyche recruits, Keeble, pretty much every club has someone good enough

No way will interleague ever happen again. The chances of getting any well paid player putting their hand up if it did are nil. Agree if these players you named did play NCFL would have a formidable side. You being a redback fan you should be aware of the consequences of interleague injuries.

Last edited:

The reason interleague was knocked knocked on the head was because the best talent (largely recruits) didn’t want to play in a dead rubber.

I think a better way to go would be have the premiers play off against each other, so Sea Lake vs Mount Pleasant or Marong.

The reason interleague was knocked knocked on the head was because the best talent (largely recruits) didn’t want to play in a dead rubber.

I think a better way to go would be have the premiers play off against each other, so Sea Lake vs Mount Pleasant or Marong.
Even then Truck would they all be keen. And when would you play it? Think it has merit but would almost have to happen at seasons end. Think if this was the case there might be a few fellas not in prime condition.

Seen a mock interleague team of Central Murray forum ‘best 22’. Has anyone thought of a NCFL one?

Would be interesting to see, plenty of talent!

Sea lake would handle Mount Pleasant and Marong I reckon Kerang would be more on sea lakes level.
It all makes sense though your there to play footy for the premiership and it might not be worth paying someone big money to get injured in a game that doesn’t count towards that premiership

Even then Truck would they all be keen. And when would you play it? Think it has merit but would almost have to happen at seasons end. Think if this was the case there might be a few fellas not in prime condition.
That’s right, getting clubs and players keen to do something outside of the premiership is always going to be the trouble.

If they put a cash prize up for grabs I recon you might get a few keen.

I reckon they should have a premiers cup for the start of the next year, with big prize money on offer and play the gf on the g as a curtain raiser

Wingnut got a big buy in when he coached against Geelong districts

May as well play interleague footy what’s the difference it’s still outside a normal footy season haha

May as well play interleague footy what’s the difference it’s still outside a normal footy season haha

The difference is, the proposition above provides an actual incentive to both participate, and try and win.

there are literal millions of dollars across regional and metropolitan football leagues being wasted every year, in failed tilts for that elusive premiership.

there is always plenty of talk about how much “Team XYZ” paid for their premiership, but there is always 1, 2, 3 or more clubs spending similar, if not more money, trying to do the same thing in the same league.

If Sharpy, Rhino etc are putting the kind of investment into their Ruckman as is being touted, there is no bloody way they’re being put up to play a game with all the risk and no reward.

much the same, from the perspective of the player, there’s a lot at stake if they go down in a meaningless game.

Add some form of incentive to these representative type games, and you’ll get a bigger “buy in” as such.

The reward needs to be worth the risk.

I say this as someone who has been overtly a supporter of representative footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reason interleague worked because the majority of guys lived locally and wanted to represent the league to show how good they are against others, if most of the guys are travelling with no incentive to play it falls in the arse

Yep, who knew, A bus load of melbourne/geelong players care factor for the NCFL ends where the brown paper bags do

Just heard young Geelong VFL kid, former bulls player Will Sheahan is playing for nulli this year. Any truth to this ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back