Opinion New AFC HQ: Stalled Indefinitely

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a great question about the AFL owning the club, which isn't really answered.

But Olsen is clearly in favour of Thebby

Very good question, Olsen with a lot of words not saying anything.

It is an absolute disgrace that we are not financially independent after 30 years in the AFL.

All the AFC board members over the last 20 years should be charged with not discharging their duties correctly, bloody pathetic.

This is what AFL approved numpties have given us, let the members vote for the WHOLE board - couldn't do any worse than the crap we've endured for the last 20 years.

Very good question, Olsen with a lot of words not saying anything.

It is an absolute disgrace that we are not financially independent after 30 years in the AFL.

All the AFC board members over the last 20 years should be charged with not discharging their duties correctly, bloody pathetic.

This is what AFL approved numpties have given us, let the members vote for the WHOLE board - couldn't do any worse than the crap we've endured for the last 20 years.

We hadn't left the AFL 20 years ago.

my take is that the we can get out of it, when the AFL is confident that we don't come back in 2 years asking for money.

It looks like we are going to ask for a grant to build the stadium with the unlinking from the AFL to happen after we've paid down COVID debt and the new facility.

Even if we ask for a helipad, Ferris wheel, the worlds largest magnifying glass and an elevator to nowhere, the Torrens council should approve it.
I like the way Snrub thinks..

BpwSkEA.gif

Volleyball SA are looking for a new home in the parklands for their beach volleyball setup, apparently the Adelaide City Council are bending over backwards trying to help them.

Maybe footy is a bit low brow for the parklands numpties?

There are netball clubs, soccer clubs, hockey clubs, Veteran tennis clubs, archery clubs, pony clubs, swimming clubs, dog obedience clubs, cricket clubs, golf clubs etc but NO WAY can we have a not for profit footy club!!

Mind you a beach volley ball court in most areas of the parklands wouldn't raise an eyebrow as most parts are a dilapidated dustbowl.

Volleyball SA are looking for a new home in the parklands for their beach volleyball setup, apparently the Adelaide City Council are bending over backwards trying to help them.

There are netball clubs, soccer clubs, hockey clubs, Veteran tennis clubs, archery clubs, pony clubs, swimming clubs, dog obedience clubs, cricket clubs, golf clubs etc but NO WAY can we have a not for profit footy club!!

Mind you a beach volley ball court in most areas of the parklands wouldn't raise an eyebrow as most parts are a dilapidated dustbowl.

The "but the Crows are a professional team, these clubs are for the community" argument is an interesting one. Anyone can join the Crows as a member, is that the case for all of these other club or do some of them have some exclusivity?

Even to play for one of the teams using the Parklands, might be a bit easier than being an elite (well we aspire) AFL footballer, but if we all sign up for a soccer club or a tennis tournament, we're not all getting picked.

Why wouldn’t the ACC at least have a meeting?

I mean, I know it’s a ridiculous question even as I’m typing it because the answer is “because they’re the ACC” but still, let it rip my friends...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The "but the Crows are a professional team, these clubs are for the community" argument is an interesting one. Anyone can join the Crows as a member, is that the case for all of these other club or do some of them have some exclusivity?

Even to play for one of the teams using the Parklands, might be a bit easier than being an elite (well we aspire) AFL footballer, but if we all sign up for a soccer club or a tennis tournament, we're not all getting picked.

The Parklands are for every one they cry.

Does that mean we can all bring our ponies to the parklands to live?

Can we rock up to the fenced/locked hockey/tennis courts on Greenhill road for a hit?

We can have a game of golf or a swim if we pay, if we goto one of the many restaurants or cafes in the parklands we can pay.

ACC dont seem to be very consistant or logical.

If it’s Thebarton (and it sounds as though it is) then no expense paired and any request rubber stamped please.

Even if we ask for a helipad, Ferris wheel, the worlds largest magnifying glass and an elevator to nowhere, the Torrens council should approve it.

And I want my big crow visible from Mars so it’s all you see as you fly into Adelaide Airport.
I want a monorail connecting Adelaide Oval with Thebarton Oval!

Volleyball SA is a not for profit that oversees a sport as a governing body and fosters community participation. Comparable organisations include Basketball SA, Tennis SA, Golf SA.

The AFC is a single professional organisation within a sport that is officially a not for profit, but in reality like everything in the AFL comically stretches the definition.

If you can't see the distinction, I'm not sure you'll ever understand.

Buy the. Caledonian Hotel in Nth Adel, bulldoze it, build a multi-storey admin there, develop a training oval across the road adjacent to the swimming centre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find Thebarton Oval uninspiring .....a compromise, when we shouldn't be compromising

All the faults associated with West Lakes, simply appear to be replicated aat Thebarton .......and the similar complaints will continue, albeit just a different suburb

compromise on what exactly?
Firstly, from the actions of the Club thus far, the preference has been the two Parklands locations .....with the ACC knocking that on the head, it "appears" Thebarton is the fall back location

One of the criticism's of West Lakes was it's location & accessibility ......it was a similar complaint to the Waverly Park Oval, where a rail line was promised, and never implemented

Thebarton still presents accessibility issues for non drivers ......the "hub" of Melbournes sporting complex's; MCG, Tennis, Concerts, and Coll / Rich Football Clubs are all easily accessible by Rail, Tram, and short walk from the City Centre

Firstly, from the actions of the Club thus far, the preference has been the two Parklands locations .....with the ACC knocking that on the head, it "appears" Thebarton is the fall back location

One of the criticism's of West Lakes was it's location & accessibility ......it was a similar complaint to the Waverly Park Oval, where a rail line was promised, and never implemented

Thebarton still presents accessibility issues for non drivers ......the "hub" of Melbournes sporting complex's; MCG, Tennis, Concerts, and Coll / Rich Football Clubs are all easily accessible by Rail, Tram, and short walk from the City Centre
The location of Thebarton is nothing like the location of West Lakes

Wrong on so many levels.

Back