Opinion New AFC HQ: Stalled Indefinitely

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

OMG that’s not a second oval but a small play area, the main oval is at least twice the size
It's large enough to get the funding, which is all they want until South Rd is finished.

Upon viewing the plans, spokeswoman for the 5031 Action Group of residents, Emma Dawes said, “Well the crows say they want to be good neighbours, but that grandstand in the concept drawing is way too grandstandy for our liking”.

“We’re also seeking clarification on how many flags will be allowed at the ground, as the noise and excess wind they generate could no doubt impact residents.”
Flags generate wind?

Edit
You sucked me in

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

From today's article

Designs for Adelaide Football Club’s Crows headquarters at Thebarton go out for public comment
The latest version of the Adelaide Football Club’s Thebarton plans have finally reached an exciting new stage.
Douglas Smith
February 29, 2024 5:21 pm

Adelaide Football Club (AFC) has taken another step in establishing a headquarters at Thebarton Oval in the inner-west suburbs with its $100 million designs now open online for public comment.

In what has been a process with hurdles at each turn, including the concerns voiced by local residents about the impact the facility would have on the area, a design has now been published on the PlanSA website.
On Thursday, the AFC said that it was an exciting time for the club and that the new headquarters had been brought together for all those associated with the AFC.

“Today marks another important milestone in the club’s pursuit of a new headquarters,” the Club said.
“We are excited by the way our design has evolved and it’s a project with upside for not just our players, coaches and staff, but our members, fans and the broader community.”

Since February last year, six meetings have been held by the City of West Torrens Master Plan Advisory Group (MAG), who are responsible for informing the development of the site.

Planning has proposed a second oval for training which would be built at Kings Reserve on the northern side of the oval, while the new training, administration and community precinct will face towards the west from the eastern side of the ground.
The most recent changes to the designs include shifting and shrinking the size of the secondary oval after local residents raised concerns that it was too close to the western boundary of Kings Reserve.
Local residents also raised concerns about the number of car spaces that would be reserved for AFC staff and left for residents who lived locally, which was also changed by the MAG who reduced the number of carparks for AFC staff.

The AFC also said that it would commit to creating a primary vehicle access point from South Road to reduce traffic on secondary streets, while also creating another access point to Kings Reserve.

The AFC are now waiting for the State Commission Assessment Panel (SCAP) to make a decision that will determine the fate of the club’s proposed new home base, which is expected to come before the end of March.

Currently, Thebarton Oval is not open for general community use, but that would change if the proposal goes ahead, with the club planning to keep the facility and use of the ground open to the public when it is not in use by the AFC.

The plans and designs for the AFC headquarters will be open for public comment for the next fifteen days on the PlanSA website.
863b11b8853f164b89f5e911649da097.jpg
82546ba4613eaf252826ae09f66a77f8.jpg
8cfa6f327c868ba65e2a7cef6c7d3918.jpg
It's nice that we decided to build a little mini oval for Patty Parnell to train on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointed they changed the main building to be on western side, much more impressive looking across the oval to it from south rd I reckon.
Also what’s the point of the mini league oval?
350 parking spots (to be 600 once the South Road upgrades are completed)🤷‍♂️. Actually getting called a junior oval in some of the application documents.

Again in regard to the mini oval, this will become a Docklands stadium sized oval once the T2D South Road project is completed in 2031.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Disappointed they changed the main building to be on western side, much more impressive looking across the oval to it from south rd I reckon.
Also what’s the point of the mini league oval?

The main building is on the eastern side of the oval.
Will be a huge presence when driving along South Road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Upon viewing the plans, spokeswoman for the 5031 Action Group of residents, Emma Dawes said, “Well the crows say they want to be good neighbours, but that grandstand in the concept drawing is way too grandstandy for our liking”.

“We’re also seeking clarification on how many flags will be allowed at the ground, as the noise and excess wind they generate could no doubt impact residents.”
FO Emma will be the flag I take with me - flap flap flap

Back