Opinion New AFC HQ: Stalled Indefinitely

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Kinda ironic that the second oval is going to be used for parking on games days

Yet the action group forced the size of the 2nd oval, and hence the parking space, to be greatly diminished over 11 trees

This action group has repeatedly proven that they're not prepared to compromise on anything
I forgot about the second oval being used for match day parking.

Their objection is then dismissed.

And yes, make that space bigger to appease this objection further.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What about the trees!

This is too far gone now for the government to listen so they are wasting their breath. Far more votes to be lost if they block it

Hope your right, I think it will still happen but I'll be happy once work has actually started.

I think it's the compromises that are a worry and of course how slow it's all taking.

To be fair, parking is a genuine concern for them.

Most of the residents bought their property with no regular SANFL games. Only the annual ammo league GFs.

At Richmond oval the parking was all on street Saturday. Would be a pain living there when games are on. But they knew that when buying their house.

As it is for all neighbours of SANFL clubs. But they knew when buying the property these occur.

This will be a hassle for them when we play SANFL/AFLW games there.

It is the only legitimate grievance against this development the neighbours have.

claiming 9000 people will need parking at their games. as Maxwell Smart once said - missed by that much - well only by about 7000 people at best!!!!!

claiming 9000 people will need parking at their games. as Maxwell Smart once said - missed by that much - well only by about 7000 people at best!!!!!
Even 1000 is a lot.

Look at SANFL games at other grounds. Cars in streets during games.

But the residents there know that when buying the house.

Having said that, we may not get many more than 1000 at our SANFL (VFL) games.

Plus we have the second oval for parking. Will negate this for our SANFL (VFL) games.

AFLW though....

Kinda ironic that the second oval is going to be used for parking on games days

Yet the action group forced the size of the 2nd oval, and hence the parking space, to be greatly diminished over 11 trees

This action group has repeatedly proven that they're not prepared to compromise on anything
So we listen to their concerns and chop down those trees and increase the second oval for parking

Everyone wins

Heaps more detail in this application than the council process. Anyone want to read 64 pages on parking and traffic management?

OK, apparently some people do need to read 64 pages on parking.

There is expected to be a shortfall in parking for typical events with crowds up to 4,500 while the 2nd oval is smaller, but this should be addressed with agreements for off street parking at the Thebarton Community Centre, or the Brickworks outside shopping hours.

For maximum capacity events (up to 9000 attendees), increased public transport and shuttle buses to Bonython Park and the Adelaide Railway Station have been proposed.

Report also notes that 9000+ went to Gather Round games at Norwood Oval, mostly by public transport with negligible onsite parking.

Most of the residents bought their property with no regular SANFL games. Only the annual ammo league GFs.

At Richmond oval the parking was all on street Saturday. Would be a pain living there when games are on. But they knew that when buying their house.

As it is for all neighbours of SANFL clubs. But they knew when buying the property these occur.

It is the only legitimate grievance against this development the neighbours have.

Thebarton was always difficult to get parking during the West Torrens days ...but only a 10 min walk

Same, North Adelaide, Glenelg, Norwood, Richmond ect .....with crowds 5K -9K plus

Nothing is different with the Crows proposal ....except oval parking

There is expected to be a shortfall in parking for typical events with crowds up to 4,500 while the 2nd oval is smaller, but this should be addressed with agreements for off street parking at the Thebarton Community Centre, or the Brickworks outside shopping hours.

For maximum capacity events (up to 9000 attendees), increased public transport and shuttle buses to Bonython Park and the Adelaide Railway Station have been proposed.

Report also notes that 9000+ went to Gather Round games at Norwood Oval, mostly by public transport with negligible onsite parking.

This is good. Let them waste time submitting their feedback with their uneducated comments on parking when it has already been addressed. Just makes it easier to dismiss their submissions as they'd just assume they haven't even taken the time to read the proposal doc. Ignore...next feedback submission...

Pages 46 & 47 are interesting. It's the first time I've seen the internal plans, including where retail and cafe will be. Hoping the "Function Room" on first floor can turn into a bar facility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a couple of hours once a fortnight during footy season we are talking about, of course it will be an inconvenience for those immediate area but I'm sure they will get over it.

I chuckled

I'm jealous that her back gate opens on to the facility. Be a nice easy stroll across.

Was always about the parking, not the trees, but like others have said, they don't want us to have the car park either.

Hopefully this isn't another round of compromises, there have been enough. I don't think we should have announced any of them until the main whingers were willing to release a join statement of support for the project.

I'm jealous that her back gate opens on to the facility. Be a nice easy stroll across.

Was always about the parking, not the trees, but like others have said, they don't want us to have the car park either.

Hopefully this isn't another round of compromises, there have been enough. I don't think we should have announced any of them until the main whingers were willing to release a join statement of support for the project.

I’d be very surprised if there’s any further changes. They can whinge all they want, the Government know they’re just complaining for the sake of complaining and their feedback will be acknowledged accordingly.

I just submitted my feedback SUPPORTING the development.
Our hostile friends very kindly provide the links on their website.

We know they are gathering troops for a mass submission opposing the development. We should do the same for the affirmative. It is a very straight forward process, so I encourage everyone to visit the links and lodge a submission supporting this.

There are 2 applications. Please support both.

We know they are gathering troops for a mass submission opposing the development. We should do the same for the affirmative. It is a very straight forward process, so I encourage everyone to visit the links and lodge a submission supporting this.

Funny, I was about to post that anyone can make a submission

It's not limited to folk living in the council area

And you've saved me a little time searching for the links

NB: submissions close on the 21st of March

Yes we should all add our support. Here are some words you can use outlining why you support the development (feel free to add/modify)

It appears to be a fantastic development able to be used by the community for the majority of the time, and will provide new facilities and vibrancy to the area.
Community use and visual amenity of the area will be improved.
It will bring interest and income to the area from football supporters, potentially benefitting local businesses.
Impacts to vegetation are minimal and have been suitably offset
Provides a buffer between the South Rd upgrade and residential areas.
Traffic and parking impacts will be only occasional and are able to be managed similar to other ovals throughout Adelaide. A future increase in size of the second oval would further mitigate this.

Submitted making particular note of how i thought the new redeveloped green space would be ideal for local use

Back