Opinion New AFC HQ: Stalled Indefinitely

What should we do?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They've probably polled their mailing list. Social comments are full of Port (who are getting a free ride from another council?) supporters.

I do like the "Park lands are for everyone" angle... except when all of the people who already have arrangements are using it. Lets all go and have a picnic on one of the sports grounds used by private schools, or wander into the Superloop Adelaide 500 or a festival or something that has paid entry, agist our animals alongside the select few who have access for their horses...

Reality is they would probably hate it if the park lands were for everyone.

I've no doubt our plans will blend in with the park lands far more than the dated aquatic centre that is there now, take up less space, have more public access, be in a more useful location, attract more people, replace every shrub that needs to be removed and whatever else, and the people who are complaining will still complain.

Those are rookie numbers though.

Given the size, the facilities, I'd expect the expenses to be more than that. I guess that's the loss after their takings.
Hey Coopers, I was at the aquatic centre on Sunday.
Packed to the gills it was, couldn't get a park, had to park on Barton Terrace and walk over the park.

There's no way they are losing money over summer. They must be rolling in takings. I wonder what they can do to fix up income over winter.

Hey Coopers, I was at the aquatic centre on Sunday.
Packed to the gills it was, couldn't get a park, had to park on Barton Terrace and walk over the park.

There's no way they are losing money over summer. They must be rolling in takings. I wonder what they can do to fix up income over winter.

Well it was a 38 degree day

The agenda is up for tomorrows council meeting. AFC to present at 5pm in a special meeting.

Looks like AFC have a representative to present to the APLA in a meeting on Thursday too.

I can’t see if they are closed meetings or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The agenda is up for tomorrows council meeting. AFC to present at 5pm in a special meeting.

Looks like AFC have a representative to present to the APLA in a meeting on Thursday too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What’s the APLA?

Will we get Phil Harper to handle that too?

Would love to be in this meeting Thursday. Not presented by the club. but by City Collective. Same team that are doing the St Kilda Aquatic Centre. https://www.citycollective.com.au/project/melbourne-football-club-facility-project-2/

Presentation – Adelaide Football Club Unsolicited Proposal (30 minutes)

Presenter: Tom McCready, Associate Director Property & Commercial & Matthew Field, Consultant Community Property (CoA) and David Cooke, Director of City Collective on behalf of Adelaide Football Club

Purpose: To respond to the request from the October meeting of the Adelaide Park Lands Authority for a briefing regarding the Adelaide Football Club proposal for Park 2 and the process adopted

We'll know about it when they are. The SA media will be all over it.

My guess, they will be there tonight and Thursday trying to get a story and the plan details.

didn’t they have to be in by today?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Back