New AFL video game announced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

IR Gurus made the ones from 2004 and the Premiership Edition from that year. GREAT GAMES! They were the best ones!!!

IR Gurus made all the AFL Live games for the PS2, and they were shithouse!

IR Gurus made the ones from 2004 and the Premiership Edition from that year. GREAT GAMES! They were the best ones!!!

Agreed, 2004 and the Premiership Edition had the best game engine, they tried to update it in later games, but it was never as good as the 04 version IMO they should have just stuck with the original game engine and tried to make it even better.

in 2006 i loved how the intro during season/career made no sence at all.

your team could be undefeated taking on the bottom team and dermie would say (this is for hawthorn) "Hawthorn could be in for a real shellacking" and if you were on the bottom he would say "this team has played well so far this season"

I've just got out my dusty copy of AFL 99 on playstation 1. It has the best gameplay but with limited graphics.

A superb game. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In AFL Live 2004 they screwed up the commentary for Matthew Primus, and it said Patfull instead.

The older games had the best commentary.

"OUT OF BOUNDS. ON THE FULL!"

"He's going to regret that one on Monday night!" (back when there was a fight and the camera would go to the crowd :D )

"OH HO HO! THAT'S GOTTA BE THE MARK OF THE -- year."

I was just playing AFL 99 today and the gameplay is awesome! If they can emulate that sort of gameplay, up the graphics and cut out some ordinary umpiring decisions I will be buying it.

I also have AFL 2004 and that is a reasonable game, memories of plucking the ball out of the ruck time after time, running to the fifty and kicking the goal.

L Darcy 3 votes
L Darcy 24 goals
lol

I was just playing AFL 99 today and the gameplay is awesome! If they can emulate that sort of gameplay, up the graphics and cut out some ordinary umpiring decisions I will be buying it.

I also have AFL 2004 and that is a reasonable game, memories of plucking the ball out of the ruck time after time, running to the fifty and kicking the goal.

L Darcy 3 votes
L Darcy 24 goals
lol

Why would they want to do that? The more realistic the better:p

I really don't understand why people want ridiculous things like local leagues and perfect players faces. The more they put in stuff like that, the less attention they give the important stuff. I hope this new developer puts all of their focus on making an AFL game with not much more than a season mode, with good gameplay. When they make a sequal, which they will because people will enjoy playing the original, they can add to the solid engine they created with the first game by adding all that fairy floss stuff.

Let's not ask for everything, and let's not expect a miracle. I just hope they get the basics right.

Damn straight. I would much rather have fun while playing a game because it has great gameplay than have interest while playing a game because you can tell the players apart through excellent facial graphics.

I've just got out my dusty copy of AFL 99 on playstation 1. It has the best gameplay but with limited graphics.

AFL 98 was just as good, if not better. I loved the way everyone sprinted as fast as they could back to the centre square after every goal.

L Darcy 3 votes
L Darcy 24 goals
lol
Haha, I remember once beating Brisbane by over 200 points in a grandfinal in 5 minute quarters. Very hard was so so easy. :D

I got all the games from 02-05 but stopped getting em.

Why would they want to do that? The more realistic the better:p

Ha ha true. I'm talkin more about the annoyingly frequent occurances of 50 metre penalties when playing two players for crossing the mark after both flying for the ball. But yes still not quite as annoying as real umpires tbh :p

I know that all retro games rule, but surely a game which had four buttons, no power meter in normal kicking, and tacklers that hugged their opponents but still allowed them to get a clean handball away half the time (with a 5 second break), isn't really that great?

I still consider 2007 to be the best, too many bugs but the general gameplay engine was still pretty good I thought.

Spot on.

For those wanting EA sports to make it, that company makes sports arcade games now. They have no realistic feel and only have a shallow re-creation of sports. For instance, their NBA Live series is garbage. Dunks, dunks, dunks...no feeling of actual basketball.

in a perfect world, and AFL Game would be made by the 2K sports people. They dont have the bells and whistles, but their games feel like the actual sports. of course this is dreaming and 2K wouldnt bother.

I wont even bother getting this new AFL game. The sport is too diverse and will require many years of development to build up the game engine. I couldnt care less about career modes and different leagues...their focus should be on making the gameplay as authentic as possible.

They won't get the teen dollars and the viral marketing if their focus is on authenticity, but they will get the 21-39 year old casual gamer for sure. If they produce a game that feels like an AFL game, they will rake in the dollars

no wai d00d, fifa 09 rulez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back