News New Jumpers For 2019 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As any sane thinking person would about any jumper vote in recent memory.

Has any jumper vote ever been not-suspicious/not rigged? The only other four I can think of are the Saints from '08 (where Mero's great design lost), the Brisbane poll (not sure when, but the votes suspiciously changed), the first Crows poll where the yellow and white hoops were picked, and the Crows poll last year, where no winner was ever picked and the Crows continued with the same jumper

Has any jumper vote ever been not-suspicious/not rigged? The only other four I can think of are the Saints from '08 (where Mero's great design lost), the Brisbane poll (not sure when, but the votes suspiciously changed), the first Crows poll where the yellow and white hoops were picked, and the Crows poll last year, where no winner was ever picked and the Crows continued with the same jumper
They should only open the polling up for members. I know that on Bay 13 there was a concentrated effort for everyone to troll the vote and that's probably what resulted in the eventuating clash being chosen.

The Hawks clash poll as well

The Hawks clash poll as well

That's right - Cody_'s design lost to Courtney from Pakenham. The winning design did look better on the template than in real life, if the yellow and brown side panels were larger and deeper and the monogram smaller it would have come up much better

Crows poll last year, where no winner was ever picked and the Crows continued with the same jumper
This was rigged... well, double rigged so maybe that cancels out any foul play?

Any chance of linking me to this saints poll please?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steve Rosich has said we have requested a round 1 game against Essendon next year to celebrate 25 years, we will be wearing a retro jumper to celebrate it! (specifically stated it is not the 25 year guernsey we have unveiled)

Super excited for next season now, looks like the fans get what we want.
Just had a listen, I'm pretty keen to get hold of a retro jumper. The 25 jumper almost seems pointless if we're going down the throwback path, it would be more fitting just to have the 25 logo on the back of the jumper throughout the season, instead of doing that as well as wearing the 25 jumper for a game.
Why are we requesting Essendon?

Our first game was a narrow loss, away, to Richmond at the MCG. Wasn't our first win against Fitzroy, too?

Also you're saying it's 25 years since the club was formed, so what's the purpose of tying it into a game that was... 24 years ago?

I've said it before but it's not like we were founded in a pub or on a wharf and some working class gentleman wrote it all up and declared it. If you've existed in a few competitions, pre-dated many, then yeah you definitely celebrate 25 or 125 years of existence. But for a new side to celebrate it seems weird. Should be 25 years in the competition. Would've been tidier to do it in 2020 too, just seems more fitting. Plus the likelihood of having a new coach helps us too.

The best way would be holding out until 2020. Play the first home game in the original purple jumper but wear the OG green for all Melbourne games. The club came of age battling over here at Optus Oval, Western Oval in the wet. It'd be a nice shake up too and it's way less tokenistic. Chuck a '25' emblem on the back of all the jumpers or somehow integrate it subtly into the front of the chevrons as a pocket logo.

Bulldogs had a pole about three years back where the best of a bad got the nod. When we all complained they said “you voted for it!” That was when we released the new logo. And the hideous creation got a run in the 2016 elimination final win at Subiaco.

Bulldogs had a pole about three years back where the best of a bad got the nod. When we all complained they said “you voted for it!” That was when we released the new logo. And the hideous creation got a run in the 2016 elimination final win at Subiaco.

At least you didn't have to wear that in the GF!

Why are we requesting Essendon?

Our first game was a narrow loss, away, to Richmond at the MCG. Wasn't our first win against Fitzroy, too?

Also you're saying it's 25 years since the club was formed, so what's the purpose of tying it into a game that was... 24 years ago?

I've said it before but it's not like we were founded in a pub or on a wharf and some working class gentleman wrote it all up and declared it. If you've existed in a few competitions, pre-dated many, then yeah you definitely celebrate 25 or 125 years of existence. But for a new side to celebrate it seems weird. Should be 25 years in the competition. Would've been tidier to do it in 2020 too, just seems more fitting. Plus the likelihood of having a new coach helps us too.

The best way would be holding out until 2020. Play the first home game in the original purple jumper but wear the OG green for all Melbourne games. The club came of age battling over here at Optus Oval, Western Oval in the wet. It'd be a nice shake up too and it's way less tokenistic. Chuck a '25' emblem on the back of all the jumpers or somehow integrate it subtly into the front of the chevrons as a pocket logo.
Our first home game was against Essendon

Richmond 2019 guernsey?
View attachment 570388
Do9RSyCUcAA8SCl.jpg:large

Seems to be wearing the current one here, weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back