News New Jumpers For 2020 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
EFL is the one of the, if not the biggest Suburban Leagues in Australia so I felt as if we deserved to have at least a point of difference but now we just look like every other league. Boring.
VAFA says hi

also "deserved to have a point of difference" that's so entitled, every league in Australia uses the same uniforms because I can't imagine any club in Australia is rocking lime green week in week out. the EFL is not as important as you think it is.

VAFA says hi

also "deserved to have a point of difference" that's so entitled, every league in Australia uses the same uniforms because I can't imagine any club in Australia is rocking lime green week in week out. the EFL is not as important as you think it is.
Hence why I said "one of", but I see VAFA as being more city than suburban anyway.
And no it's not entitled to not want to wear the same uniform as every other league, it just makes sense from a branding point of view. Suburban football is the cornerstone of our game and my family has been involved for generations, so I do hold my local league in high esteem. But I would like the league to maintain it's identity instead of being lumped into the generic lime green to please the AFL's branding.

Hence why I said "one of", but I see VAFA as being more city than suburban anyway.
And no it's not entitled to not want to wear the same uniform as every other league, it just makes sense from a branding point of view. Suburban football is the cornerstone of our game and my family has been involved for generations, so I do hold my local league in high esteem. But I would like the league to maintain it's identity instead of being lumped into the generic lime green to please the AFL's branding.
lol you can hold your league in whatever esteem you want I can guarantee there's a significant amount of funding and resources put into the EFL by AFL Vic and your biggest issue is umpires not wearing white? not that they've just changed logos or refuse to compete in inter-league competition? div 4 clubs with $20 to their name and other clubs considering waltzing out the door to other local comps?

Certainly cheaper for leagues to all buy massproduced uniforms and add their branding.

This! Makes a lot more sense to have one source then the only thing you need league branding on are tops and shorts.

As an umpire who moved across a few leagues, it’s good to not have to buy new stuff for every league!

(in regards to Adelaide’s clash guernsey)

Apart from Brisbane, Melbourne and Richmond, is it really necessary for Adelaide to wear a white guernsey in away matches?

Looks like Sydney airport (tbh looks like they have some sort of deal with the nsw government to promote Sydney) and the sun's have this company called Australasian retail projects on the ball.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apart from Brisbane, Melbourne and Richmond, is it really necessary for Adelaide to wear a white guernsey in away matches?

Something about a bad quarter against North Melbourne in Hobart the other year so thou shalt not have yellow jersey at Adelaide anymore...

Something about a bad quarter against North Melbourne in Hobart the other year so thou shalt not have yellow jersey at Adelaide anymore...

(NOTE: Not a 2020 guernsey)

If players wore their socks up, they could just change them. (i.e.):
AD ys.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus Carlton, Fremantle and North Melbourne because of the blue. And sometimes West Coast and Gold Coast.

Red/yellow on a blue background is probably the worst combo in the competition.

I would expect Crows to have a preseason guernsey from next season onwards... club just announced today home guernsey is now only reserved for H&A games and finals (wearing clash strip today)

Its a good start, but its a bit half assed when we don't have the same policy for the jumper we wear in roughly half our our games each year. Need to stop changing up the clash every few years and just have one strong, traditional set that more or less stays forever. Come up with a new kid-friendly design for pre-season/training every year or two for merchandise purposes.

Plus Carlton, Fremantle and North Melbourne because of the blue. And sometimes West Coast and Gold Coast.

Red/yellow on a blue background is probably the worst combo in the competition.

I never had an issue with matches like this:

Attachments

• CA AD 2001.jpg
    CA AD 2001.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 93
Suddenly deciding out of nowhere that your home design has "prestige" is ironic when each club wears at least 2 different jumper designs each year, and the design changes regularly due to manufacturer and sponsor deals.
However late they come to that party it's one step closer to all 18 doing it. It's like not getting a Baggy Green for playing in the Aus XI in the 4-day game against Lancashire. Just without the history (yet, and it's not like the Baggy got that history overnight).

Suddenly deciding out of nowhere that your home design has "prestige" is ironic when each club wears at least 2 different jumper designs each year, and the design changes regularly due to manufacturer and sponsor deals.

Clubs that have had major changes to their home jumper since the Crows entered the comp:

Brisbane
Carlton
Collingwood
Fremantle
Hawthorn
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Richmond
St Kilda
Sydney
West Coast
Western Bulldogs

Outside of minor changes due to templates, the Crows home jumper has essentially stayed the same since day one. We're now in our 30th season. We've been a club that has always held our home jumper up as an important symbol, but now we've just made it more "official". We've just embraced the reality of alternate strips more than some of the stubborn Victorian sides (albeit changing them too often for my liking).

Clubs that have had major changes to their home jumper since the Crows entered the comp:

Brisbane
Carlton
Collingwood
Fremantle
Hawthorn
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Richmond
St Kilda
Sydney
West Coast
Western Bulldogs

Outside of minor changes due to templates, the Crows home jumper has essentially stayed the same since day one. We're now in our 30th season. We've been a club that has always held our home jumper up as an important symbol, but now we've just made it more "official". We've just embraced the reality of alternate strips more than some of the stubborn Victorian sides (albeit changing them too often for my liking).

A change of monogram is hardly major, is it?

Brisbane
Carlton
Collingwood
Fremantle
Hawthorn
North Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Richmond
St Kilda
Sydney
West Coast
Western Bulldogs

Praise be to the Almighty Camry™ Crows jumpah

VAFA says hi

EFL is 2nd biggest professional local footy league in Australia (behind Adelaide Footy League, which is pretty good considering EFL only represents one side of Melbourne).

Why shouldn't the biggest leagues such as AdelFL, EFL have a point of difference? These leagues offer the highest standard of competition footy around the country at a local level.
Why should they (or any league for that matter) have to wear lime-green AFL Umpire uniforms? They aren't the AFL and it's not like the umpires will be unrecognisable if they are in white.

It's not really just about the EFL, but if they can make the big leagues do it, the AFL can do anything to other local leagues.

EFL is 2nd biggest professional local footy league in Australia (behind Adelaide Footy League, which is pretty good considering EFL only represents one side of Melbourne).

Why shouldn't the biggest leagues such as AdelFL, EFL have a point of difference? These leagues offer the highest standard of competition footy around the country at a local level.
Why should they (or any league for that matter) have to wear lime-green AFL Umpire uniforms? They aren't the AFL and it's not like the umpires will be unrecognisable if they are in white.

It's not really just about the EFL, but if they can make the big leagues do it, the AFL can do anything to other local leagues.
Because by doing so they effectively get funding from on high with cheaper uniforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back