Discussion Sir Doug Nicholls Round 2024 (Rds 10 & 11): Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone, welcome to the Sir Doug Nicholls Round thread. After the discussion and guernsey drops took place in the New Jumpers thread as it fairly standard, I have moved everything across to its own individual thread ahead of the next fortnight's games being played.

The following links are from the AFL website; it allows you to check out all the club names, guernseys, Sherrin design, and listen along to some tunes while you do so. Enjoy.

Collingwood going with a white base on there Mr Burns jumper should avoid any clashes

Also round 10 is a home game against Adelaide, so hopefully see the black shorts as well

Collingwood will kick a stink like North and demand to be in coloured shorts.

Plus it's Collingwood and we know the AFL wouldn't dare go against them.

Is this based in any fact or just a cheap shot at Collingwood?

Criticise the club for many things, but they have generally always got their uniforms right over the past 15 years. I don't foresee them pushing for black shorts with a white-based jumper.

While not totally comparable, the Pies AFLW team have worn their white-based Indigenous jumper at home on numerous occasions and wore white shorts alongside it (before the abolition of white shorts in the AFLW at least).

Collingwood will kick a stink like North and demand to be in coloured shorts.
I'm all for Collingwood banter but they are easily the best Victorian club when it comes to wearing their clash gear when its required.

I'm all for Collingwood banter but they are easily the best Victorian club when it comes to wearing their clash gear when its required.
Collingwood have kits that aren't entirely dissimilar from eachother, so I don't know if the argument really works for them. I would argue that of the Vic clubs, the Saints and Dogs wear kits that vary the most from their homekits relatively frequently. Even Essington likes to wear their clash kits often these days.

Also, how hilarious are the different outlines of the AFL and Mazda logos. There has to be a better way to integrate their logo, surely?
It's easily the best way to integrate the logo. Much better than awkwardly cutting off the stripe like they did in the Blades and Canterbury days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this based in any fact or just a cheap shot at Collingwood?

Criticise the club for many things, but they have generally always got their uniforms right over the past 15 years. I don't foresee them pushing for black shorts with a white-based jumper.

While not totally comparable, the Pies AFLW team have worn their white-based Indigenous jumper at home on numerous occasions and wore white shorts alongside it (before the abolition of white shorts in the AFLW at least).
Not a cheap shot at all.

Collingwood are good with their kits I'll definitely give them that but would they say yes to wearing white shorts in a home game?

Their home game they shouldnt have to.
Shorts shouldn't come into consideration. You get to wear your home jumper or whatever jumper you nominate for that particular game. Shorts should be co-ordinated to the colour of the jumpers so as to provide the best contrast where possible.

Shorts shouldn't come into consideration. You get to wear your home jumper or whatever jumper you nominate for that particular game. Shorts should be co-ordinated to the colour of the jumpers so as to provide the best contrast where possible.
I disagree.

Home game, home kit as the home team.

Away team makes the contrast in full as the away team.

In any event its not the clash thread.

I disagree.

Home game, home kit as the home team.

Away team makes the contrast in full as the away team.

In any event its not the clash thread.
Only if your top matches your shorts.

How do you expect teams not to clash with you if you have a light top, dark shorts? Pick one and stick to it.

Cats seem to get it.
Everyone except the Roos get it.

The Carlton issue is they don't wear their clash when they should. Different issue.

Only if your top matches your shorts.

How do you expect teams not to clash with you if you have a light top, dark shorts? Pick one and stick to it.

Cats seem to get it.
Everyone except the Roos get it.

The Carlton issue is they don't wear their clash when they should. Different issue.
Collingwoods dark jumper matches their dark shorts.
Collingwoods away/light jumper matches it’s light shorts.

Agree on the Carlton thing but again, home team home kit. If you can’t contrast it get a third kit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back