Discussion Sir Doug Nicholls Round 2024 (Rds 10 & 11): Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone, welcome to the Sir Doug Nicholls Round thread. After the discussion and guernsey drops took place in the New Jumpers thread as it fairly standard, I have moved everything across to its own individual thread ahead of the next fortnight's games being played.

The following links are from the AFL website; it allows you to check out all the club names, guernseys, Sherrin design, and listen along to some tunes while you do so. Enjoy.

Looks ok. Pretty uninspiring.
For the first time since First Nations Jumpers have started I am yet to see one that I think wow so much better than the previous one.

They are awesome designs, but I looking at this years really think they need to be on a 2 year run, releasing a new one each year I think takes away from the amount of work that goes into them. 1 Year is not enough now.

Can't say I'm a fan, blue front & maroon back...too much white. Just doesn't work imo
The design just looks slapped on and out of place,it looks strange how they left empty space around the rest of the jumper. They needed more dot art throughout the jumper to make the design appear properly implemented. They should of just made the base colour either Royal blue or maroon.

The design just looks slapped on and out of place,it looks strange how they left empty space around the rest of the jumper. They needed more dot art throughout the jumper to make the design appear properly implemented. They should of just made the base colour either Royal blue or maroon.
It looks like weird white low lungs lol

Preview of Lion’s guernsey, released tomorrow.

Lions will have both home & away indigenous jumpers again this year:

240159-sdnr-afl-guernsey-launch-shop-carousel.png

That’s gotta be one of the worst guernsey designs I’ve ever seen, disappointing as Brisbane’s ‘bears V’ indigenous design from a few years back was one of the best.
Yellow Cuffs on the red jumper doesn't work either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubs can make multiple versions of the same Indigenous design for home/away, but not adequate clash kits or just an extra set of coloured shorts for away games to resolve contrast issues?

Club colours ✅
Eagle head ✅
Represents where we’re from ✅
Designed by a local artist ✅

That sounds an awful lot like an Eagles jumper to me.

We’ve worn plenty of guernseys without wings in our 37 seasons in the comp.
Ha and I haven't liked any of them either (tripanel, ochre and tablecloth) - but I get there's many opinions. Returnthewings ftw

Most of our indigenous jumpers haven't actually used the "wings" template.

I agree with others, this year's looks like a fishing shirt - I won't be buying it, but to each their own hey

The story behind the artwork

I reckon this one is pretty mint, but I have two main thoughts about it.
1: I kind of wish there was some sort of watermarked pattern on the top of the jumper, the way it goes from being super busy at the bottom to plain at the top is just a bit jarring.
2: how awesome would this look in the actual ochre colour scheme?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back