• song 2 Rosco Eliipot

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Song 3 reworked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • song 4 original

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Had to stop the second one by Rosco half way through, just awful, god help us if that ones get in.

The original and reworked sounds ok on the air but struggles when sung by the team or the fans.

EJ is the best of that lot, its not bad. As mentioned definitely needs to cut it down a bit with the musical interludes but there is potential.

i hope its ok if i say that eskimo joe one was pretty amazing, you can see every one getting into it in the huddle just like richmonds.

but in saying that heave ho for me is amazing its just the lyrics of that song that arent too good, thats why the re-worked one is so much worse. (i just quietly love hearing the dockers enter a stadium when heave-ho goes up,)

(note: im not even making fun i honestly believe this)

No! Rasco's version is ten times better than EJ's. Ej's sounds like Gold Coast's. We-unite-in-the-purple-and-white. The instruments are the best and this song would be crazy to belt out after a tight win.
We-unite-in-the-purple-and-white. Would be the best AFL song.

No! Rasco's version is ten times better than EJ's. Ej's sounds like Gold Coast's. We-unite-in-the-purple-and-white. The instruments are the best and this song would be crazy to belt out after a tight win.
We-unite-in-the-purple-and-white. Would be the best AFL song.

Would be great if the EJ one was chosen if they could tax that line of Roscos to replace EJ's in the purple and the white we will always win the fight but the team song has to be about winning the premiership and so I love the inclusion of the cup.

Oh ****. I'm not liking the results of this poll. I thought it was obvious the Eskimo Joe song sucked ass

edit: I guess the first few lines would sound good after a win. I guess this is why we get a month lol. Still prefer the current song

This is a bit of gold :thumbsu:

Anyone know what the winning song has to achieve vote wise? Is it just a matter of what song gets the most votes win? Will be very hard to beat the original just because the likes of dockerland will run a campaign where nothing ever changes.

But Cam, if Dockerland is as un-representative of Freo's membership as everyone on her claims, surely such a campaign would be doomed to fail? :confused:

Song 1 is okay, Song 2 is atrocious, Song 3 is a okay, Song 4 is well, the same.

Owing to the lack of a better alternative, I'm sticking with the status quo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how it's a popular vote if it's only for members, and members who've gone out of their way to find and listen to it online.

Your starting to clutch at straws Regi.

Voted for song #2. Mainly because you can imagine the players belting it out in a huddle after the win, which is the main thing I was looking for. The Eskimo Joe version was good, but I get the feeling some of the players would struggle to hit the higher notes and would sound like screeching.

Not overly phased with perceived lyrical problems, can someone lay them out for me? The marching beat that kicks in a few times through it doesn't quite fit (needs a slight tweak), but you can imagine the players barking the words like all good Alpha beast teams do (slight spine tingle).

I think the Eskimo Joe song is the better song, but it's just a little too high pitched for me. It's meant for singing by men, not questionably aged teenage girls at a concert. Fix the high pitchiness of it, and I probably would have voted for it. I like the little trumpet swirl they have in there half way through though, probably my favourite part.

The Eskimo Joe one is growing on me actually. I reckon I might vote for that one. Just for the record there are plenty of posters on Dockerland advocating a change.

Voted for song #2. Mainly because you can imagine the players belting it out in a huddle after the win, which is the main thing I was looking for. The Eskimo Joe version was good, but I get the feeling some of the players would struggle to hit the higher notes and would sound like screeching.

Not overly phased with perceived lyrical problems, can someone lay them out for me? The marching beat that kicks in a few times through it doesn't quite fit (needs a slight tweak), but you can imagine the players barking the words like all good Alpha beast teams do (slight spine tingle).

I think the Eskimo Joe song is the better song, but it's just a little too high pitched for me. It's meant for singing by men, not questionably aged teenage girls at a concert. Fix the high pitchiness of it, and I probably would have voted for it. I like the little trumpet swirl they have in there half way through though, probably my favourite part.

I doubt this will be a problem when heard live, if everyone is singing along, clapping, the music etc it'll cancel out the "teenage girls at a concert" sound to it.

For instance, listening to the original then, I was a little embarrassed to realise there was a female backing singer :eek: It's something you just can't hear live, and I sit almost right next to a speaker.

The Eskimo Joe version was good, but I get the feeling some of the players would struggle to hit the higher notes and would sound like screeching.
Thing is, they don't sing - they shout. There won't be any attempts to get the harmonies in the changerooms or anything like that, so I think it will sound just fine. Could really do with a rendition sung by the team just to be sure.

I like the Eskimo Joe's song. Someone mentioned it sounds like the Proclaimers 500 miles ion the beginning, it does a bit but I find that to be good rather than bad.
Rosco's version is just cringeworthy.
Re-done original is so so, if that's the preferred option then might as well leave the original song and change nothing.

#1 for me. :thumbsu:

Its EJ for me by quite some margin. Will vote for them first and the incumbent versions last, as they will be the competition. Everything these Steve's have done has taken us forward in my view!!

Its EJ for me by quite some margin. Will vote for them first and the incumbent versions last, as they will be the competition. Everything these Steve's have done has taken us forward in my view!!

Oh dear, shitstorm incoming...

On the EJ song, I think the bit "As the cup goes up (obvious emphasis on this, meant to be shouted I'd imagine) hear the shout, FREOOOO FREO!" would sound pretty awesome with 40k screaming this out. Obviously that's just speculation but I'm pretty sure it'd be fun to belt out whilst heavily intoxicated :thumbsu:

Back