Next Seasons List Management And Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

You forgot to give us the run down on ss , good luck to her but I couldn’t see her getting to Jess Hoskings level or Darcy both very good readers of the play . No they ain’t bloody perfect , few in W are However they can make a decent contribution given their strengths

ah yes the run down of SS, how good is she ?
"talented" that's about it, nothing more is needed to say
a loss only comparable to Egan in it's catastrophic scale

we're in serious trouble down the backline

forest from the trees wings, forest from the trees

Last edited:
Sansonetti was a victim of her own mediocre up and down form. I liked her a lot at the start because she had intensity and ground ball ability. We lacked much of that in the early years down back. During the season before last she seemed to have lost her ace card - the intensity was gone, she became fumbly and looked spent. In the season just gone though, and although she started poorly in her first game - it all looked like the season before and was dropped iirc. She came back and the intensity was again in her kit bag. As Bo said, she also started to hold her marks, something she had struggled with. The use of her body in a contest improved too for a few games, and her kicking had improved. The flame flickered.

I agree with LOTW that Sansonetti on recent form was ahead of Molan and I'm surprised we delisted her as she is still young and could become a little more versatile than we currently think. However, I agree with Stanley that her place in side was going to depend on injuries as it stands now - not that that is a bad thing.

I've said before and I'll say it again, there had better be very good mitigating circumstances we are unaware of for keeping Molan on the list - she in no way competes with Sansonetti, so there isn't much of connection there other than a place on the list. As it stands today I would have 16 of Sansonetti before 1 of Molan in my team. Be happy to stand corrected at the end of this coming season though!

The most complete of all of them is Ross who you keep bagging which shows how little u know

The most complete of all of them is Ross who you keep bagging which shows how little u know
well that's crap and you know it, quote where i said that, you can't because i never did
if you stopped talking out of your arse and actually READ through my posts Gandalf, you'd see i said Ferg played Ross over Sansonetti when they were both fit

stop making s**t up, as i'll keep pulling apart your erroneous posts and call you out

as far as "shows how little i know", that's debatable with your post "Sheehan and co wouldn't know a decent AFLW player if it smacked them in the face"

i know who identified/recruited Conti, Brennan, Miller, Seymour, Lavey, Hoskings & co

it wouldn't be Santa Claus ? tooth fairy ? Bilbo and Frodo would it ?
no none of the above you muppet, it was Sheehan and co, you know the ones that wouldn't know a decent AFLW player if it smacked them in the face

not everything is negative with our AFLW program, patience you must have my young padawan

Last edited:

Sansonetti more talented ?
that's the most moronic thing yet i've heard from you, Hosking, D'Arcy and Shevlin would be 1st picked every day of the week before the "TALENTED" Sansonetti
even Lynch is ahead of her
your write up is hog wash and your clutching at straws, to defend your opinion, is making you look foolish and uninformed

Graham is no walk up start to replace Cordner?
D'Arcy 171 cm ? if you think she'll do it, you contradict yourself with "is good at zoning off but suspect one on one. Got pants'd by Gold Coast"
so who's it going to be ? a draftee ?
we clearly stated Graham 176 cm to replace Cordner 177 cm, in RFC write up on her trade. LEARN TO READ yourself, you sycophant

you've proved only that everything is Sheehan's fault, which i agree up to a point
if Collingwood have an eye for talent and Sansonetti will be a huge loss like Egan, Frederick must be a doozy for them
LOL - sychophant. That's hilarious. Do you know what that actually means?

You come on here pretending to be the keeper of all AFLW knowledge but in reality you about as knowledgeable as Sheehan.

Last edited:
well that's crap and you know it, quote where i said that, you can't because i never did
if you stopped talking out of your arse and actually READ through my posts Gandalf, you'd see i said Ferg played Ross over Sansonetti when they were both fit

stop making s**t up, as i'll keep pulling apart your erroneous posts and call you out

as far as "shows how little i know", that's debatable with your post "Sheehan and co wouldn't know a decent AFLW player if it smacked them in the face"

i know who identified/recruited Conti, Brennan, Miller, Seymour, Lavey, Hoskings & co

it wouldn't be Santa Claus ? tooth fairy ? Bilbo and Frodo would it ?
no none of the above you muppet, it was Sheehan and co, you know the ones that wouldn't know a decent AFLW player if it smacked them in the face

not everything is negative with our AFLW program, patience you must have my young padawan

LOL - At least I get a laugh from your BS

Conti and Brennan were stars of the competition so they were never 'identified' by Sheehan. Same same the Hoskings. Who is '& co' she a good player?

How about drafting Molan, Whitfield and Reid not to mention the head of recruiting that couldn't run?

Trading for spuds like Dargan, Fredericks and giving away Egan?

Keeping, trading and drafting multiple spuds because they were her mates. Meanwhile we got a bag of magic beans for Grace Campbell, had to pay to get rid of Fredericks and let talent like Sansonetti walk while Jacques, Molan and Burchell stay!

Anyone who has stuffed up as many times as our AFLW managers have deserves to be boned.

Last edited:
LOL - sychophant. That's hilarious. Do you know what that actually means?

You come on here pretending to be the keeper of all AFLW knowledge but in reality you about as knowledgeable as Sheehan.

LOL sychophant, learn to spell
it's sycophant i know what it means and i spelled it correctly, that's why i used it in reference to you

here's your lesson for today, it means
"a person who acts obsequiously towards someone important in order to gain advantage."

if you're going to form a rebuttal, try and make it coherent, expand your vocabulary and use spell check if you can't spell properly

never said i'm the keeper of all AFLW knowledge, but i'm very sure i know more than just the negative
we're all human's and we make mistakes, no one is perfect

it's sycophant i know what it means and i spelled it correctly, that's why i used it in reference to you

"a person who acts obsequiously towards someone important in order to gain advantage."

if you're going to form a rebuttal, try and make it coherent, expand your vocabulary and use spell check if you can't spell properly

never said i'm the keeper of all AFLW knowledge, but i'm very sure i know more than just the negative
Well done SJ you can spell which makes up for your lack of football pedigree and understanding

I'm not sure if you've read any of my posts but I'm the last person you should be calling a sycophant. I call it as I see it regardless of the consequences which is the exact opposite behavior.

Yeah we all make mistakes but when they are repeated consistently due to ignorance and incompetence then changes are required. Ask Essendon supporters if they should have managed the drugs saga differently? Big mistakes can cost clubs millions of dollars and years in the wilderness.

Last edited:

Conti and Brennan were stars of the competition so they were never 'identified' by Sheehan. Same same the Hoskings. Who is '& co' she a good player?

How about drafting Molan, Whitfield and Reid not to mention the head of recruiting that couldn't run?

Keeping, trading and drafting multiple spuds because they were her mates. Meanwhile we got a bag of magic beans for Grace Campbell, had to pay to get rid of Fredericks and let talent like Sansonetti walk while Jacques, Molan and Burchell stay!

Anyone who has stuffed up as many times as our AFLW managers have deserves to be boned.

LOL you conveniently left out identified/recruited and only replied with 'identified', usual selective reading from your re-posts

history lesson wings, take note

AFLW recruiting wins = 23, AFLW recruiting duds = 8, 300% strike rate 3:1

AFLW drafting wins = 6, AFLW drafting duds = 12, 50% strike rate 1:2

look up the players yourself can't be bothered to do the work for you

Conti and Brennan were stars of the competition
how were we supposed to get them over, magic beans 😂 😂
you have to give tangible facts

had to pay to get rid of Fredericks and let talent like Sansonetti walk
we paid 16 and got back 16 for Frederick and you make out TALENTED Sansonetti like she's in our top 10 players 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️
what are you on about, give facts to back up your statements

How about drafting Molan Whitford (Whitfield plays for GWS men's)and Reid
How about drafting McKenzie, Lavey, Yassir
Reid ? a 1st year, you're writing her off, you're joking right ?
other than Molan all our draft busts have been very late hail mary picks

you pick 3 loses and leave out our wins, we're going at 3:1 in trading
broken record posting, is that the best you can do ?

question what's our good to bad strike rate for recruiting and trading in our men's who are running on far more money compared to the women's program?

your posts have a common theme, negative Nelly

Last edited:
There really haven't been repeated mistakes made. Weaknesses with the inaugural list have been improved significantly after the first season, which is pretty evident when comparing results with teams that joined at the same time (including Geelong since they practically started again from scratch)...

Rich: 6-13, 82%
StK: 5-14, 61%
GC: 3-15-1, 51%
Geel: 3-16, 57%
WCE: 3-16, 48%

Further, any impartial observer with a decent understanding of football would take Richmond's list over those other four teams & the four incoming teams, and wouldn't be surprised to see them overtake at least 2 of the Bulldogs, Carlton and GWS (who were all hit much harder by the recent expansion/trade period) next season, thereby making finals for the first time. It'll probably come down to injuries.

Enough reason for optimism looking toward the future at this point, not much reason to still be complaining about the past.

Well done SJ you can spell which makes up for your lack of football pedigree and understanding

I'm not sure if you've read any of my posts but I'm the last person you should be calling a sycophant. I call it as I see it regardless of the consequences which is the exact opposite behavior.

Yeah we all make mistakes but when they are repeated consistently due to ignorance and incompetence then changes are required. Ask Essendon supporters if they should have managed the drugs saga differently? Big mistakes can cost clubs millions of dollars and years in the wilderness.

when they are repeated consistently due to ignorance and incompetence then changes are required
yeah well hindsight is a wonderful thing, we've made mistakes, sure we have
considering the player turnover from us and the other clubs that expanded the comp at the same time
Richmond = 22 players
St Kilda = 22 players
GCS = 24 players
WC = 30 players

i truly believe we'll be 30% better with the 3 recruits and draftees this season
barring injuries the time for more optimism is needed, more than pessimism

i'm all in for getting things right, but we're 3 season's, in a 6 season comp, we were only in the VFLW 2 years before that
5 year total of women's footy

when we entered the VFL, we were VFA premiers, still took us 14 years to win the flag
but i do concede that our club needs passionate supporters and i don't doubt you are one extremely passionate supporter

Last edited:
There really haven't been repeated mistakes made. Weaknesses with the inaugural list have been improved significantly after the first season, which is pretty evident when comparing results with teams that joined at the same time (including Geelong since they practically started again from scratch)...

Further, any impartial observer with a decent understanding of football would take Richmond's list over those other four teams & the four incoming teams, and wouldn't be surprised to see them overtake at least 2 of the Bulldogs, Carlton and GWS (who were all hit much harder by the recent expansion/trade period) next season, thereby making finals for the first time. It'll probably come down to injuries.

Enough reason for optimism looking toward the future at this point, not much reason to still be complaining about the past.

a post which is a beacon of light, that is otherwise, a continual looking into darkness of past indiscretions
thank you Teen Wolf for the wise words, much appreciated :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Lol we successfully recruited them though , refer to other expansion sides in cats saints hawthorn how easy it is to sign quality . How did they get to Punt rd or was it just a game of musical chairs. Lol grace Campbell , didn’t we trade in shevlin for Frederick , fair swap

a post which is a beacon of light, that is otherwise, a continual looking into darkness of past indiscretions
thank you Teen Wolf for the wise words, much appreciated :thumbsu::thumbsu:
I’m optimistic that with a favourable draw ,playing a few of the expansion sides and good luck with health of the list , we ll go ok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol we successfully recruited them though , refer to other expansion sides in cats saints hawthorn how easy it is to sign quality . How did they get to Punt rd or was it just a game of musical chairs. Lol grace Campbell , didn’t we trade in shevlin for Frederick , fair swap
They didn't come to Richmond because of the culture - its was clearly other reasons - :cat: $

Last edited:

I admire your patience with LOTW, I put him on ignore months ago and I certainly haven’t missed his constant negativity and ill informed rants.

Very much in agreement with Teen Wolf, a successful preseason is one that sees the best 21 fit and raring to go for round 1 as there are 8 finals positions this season and the Tigers list is good enough to make it.

Last edited:
It’s a bit hard to compare lists based on wins when the fixture is so out of balance

I do think we’ve done pretty well on initial set up though

It’s a bit hard to compare lists based on wins when the fixture is so out of balance
If it was in comparison to a team that had been getting a harder top-half fixture these last 2 years, like Carlton. But the fixture for the bottom-half teams has been pretty even.

And we do know that fixture inequalities wouldn't fly as an excuse if the team was at the bottom of that list I posted.

Injuries/unavailabities have a much bigger skew effect. McKenzie missed the game vs the Suns and didn't get a kick against Geelong. Would Richmond have lost those if she was playing 100% fit? Not imo, though the reversal of fortunes in the win against GWS should really also be considered.

Jemima Woods joins the tiges as delisted free agent ....key forward massive leap took a huge hanger against blues in vflw played a couple of games for the dogs ...granddaughter of Melbourne player Mike Woods

Jemima Woods joins the tiges as delisted free agent ....key forward massive leap took a huge hanger against blues in vflw played a couple of games for the dogs ...granddaughter of Melbourne player Mike Woods
Video on the website is a cracker. Nice grab

All seemed very rushed though which is no surprise given our off-field team

Last edited:
Video on the website is a cracker. Nice grab

All seemed very rushed though which is no surprise given our off-field team
Not rushed today was last day of sign on period she had been training with us yesterday and privately during off season

Club made no promises but relised no young forwards likely available at our first pick so signed her up

Was months of research involved tracked her for months

Remove this Banner Ad

Back