Next weeks game bigger than a final

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL will be exempt as it always is. Also the scrapping of the pre-finals bye means bringing back an underdone Keath and to a lesser extend Treloar was the right move, one hopes the extra kms in the legs will help. Hence why you simply must roll the dice with Martin if he is remotely ready.

AFL will be exempt as it always is.
As they should be if the players aren’t mingling in the general public and get tested before the game. It’s a common sense approach. Unfortunately the common sense approach stops there for everything else.

I was just seeing what the vibe was here about this. Do they let the game go ahead as scheduled? A 4pm Friday arvo game perhaps? What an all round sh*t show.

Nah even better 6.00am Saturday Morning!

Heard Chris Fagan interviewed yesterday saying it took Lions about a month to restructure the forward set up and players to settle after Hipwood went down with his knee
Bevo basically needs to do that in a fortnight or we are cooked
Reckon we need to kick 80 points plus to beat Port as they do keep the scoreboard ticking usually

Heard Chris Fagan interviewed yesterday saying it took Lions about a month to restructure the forward set up and players to settle after Hipwood went down with his knee
Bevo basically needs to do that in a fortnight or we are cooked
Reckon we need to kick 80 points plus to beat Port as they do keep the scoreboard ticking usually
I think the boys have taken Bruce's injury hard, as well as missing his presence in team. He seemed to be good for team morale and had a great rapport with Naughton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the boys have taken Bruce's injury hard, as well as missing his presence in team. He seemed to be good for team morale and had a great rapport with Naughton.
Agree with this. I think that as the team trudged off after the Essendon game you could feel the sense of loss and disappointment through the camera lens. Last weekend proved just how important his role was both for the functioning of the forward line and morale - he made others around him walk a bit taller.

Agree with this. I think that as the team trudged off after the Essendon game you could feel the sense of loss and disappointment through the camera lens. Last weekend proved just how important his role was both for the functioning of the forward line and morale - he made others around him walk a bit taller.

Completely agree with this, not having played a team sport to any great level I can't imagine how that kind of injury/loss would affect morale. Many of them are young guys who've had a fairly challenging 12-18 months trying to stay on an even keel.

That said, it's a facet of professional sport and there's something to be said for not then wasting the opportunity in front of you because who knows what's round the corner for you or the rest of your teammates. There's no such thing as a guaranteed flag window, for all this group knows this is the last time they have a gilt-edged opportunity to win one.

Completely agree with this, not having played a team sport to any great level I can't imagine how that kind of injury/loss would affect morale. Many of them are young guys who've had a fairly challenging 12-18 months trying to stay on an even keel.

That said, it's a facet of professional sport and there's something to be said for not then wasting the opportunity in front of you because who knows what's round the corner for you or the rest of your teammates. There's no such thing as a guaranteed flag window, for all this group knows this is the last time they have a gilt-edged opportunity to win one.
Agree with this. I am watching Formula 1 drive to survive. An eye opener when it comes to professional sports, especially for us mere mortal supporters.

Betfair have us $1.59 and Port $1.85, genuinely surprised at those odds
I'm guilty. I set those odds myself when I noticed no one had put any offers in. Someone matched my lay bet at odds of $1.58 for the Bulldogs to win.

Decent cash out opportunity now.

He was like a big hairy cheerleader on the ground. :)

Bruce's injury will hurt team structure yet it should not effect the players negatively. It should inspire yet I guess its down to the individual. I know when I played sport losing players made me more intense, more competitive and an even greater will to win against the odds. I think this can happen with the Dogs still this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back