Discussion NFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's our coach talking about that play (2:31)

”He’s a rugby guy”

Watching on ESPN the commentators didn’t even mention him. His teammates weren’t in any hurry to get around him either.

Outstanding this morning. Blew them away in the first half, Smith 8 catches for 169 yards and a TD. Hurts keeps improving and the defense got to Wentz 9 times.

3-0 with the Jags at home up next.

Outstanding this morning. Blew them away in the first half, Smith 8 catches for 169 yards and a TD. Hurts keeps improving and the defense got to Wentz 9 times.

3-0 with the Jags at home up next.
Strange round, I wouldn’t want to be betting on some of these games.

Strange round, I wouldn’t want to be betting on some of these games.
Jacksonville have surprised the hell out of me, I'm a bit worried to play them next week actually. Classic danger game for us at home. And how's Miami going? Your division looks stacked.

Jacksonville have surprised the hell out of me, I'm a bit worried to play them next week actually. Classic danger game for us at home.
Doug Peterson. The guy made Carson Wentz look good, cleary a miracle worker.

Doug Peterson. The guy made Carson Wentz look good, cleary a miracle worker.
I always thought Frank Reich was the reason behind our success but Doug has started well over there. They were a shambles last year. I do love how quickly fortunes can change in the NFL, the season prior is almost irrelevant.

Jacksonville have surprised the hell out of me, I'm a bit worried to play them next week actually. Classic danger game for us at home. And how's Miami going? Your division looks stacked.
They had a great win over buffalo, tua maybe some drama around a concussion. We were truly rubbish and unlikely to improve with Mac jones doing an ankle. I watch the bucs v packers, Brady almost won it on a late drive throwing to mo one, so with a full cast to come back I think the packers are toast.

kansas city lost to the colts, no hill, no get out play. Mahomes was in a heated discussion with a coach on the sidelines, trouble in paradise.

They had a great win over buffalo, tua maybe some drama around a concussion. We were truly rubbish and unlikely to improve with Mac jones doing an ankle. I watch the bucs v packers, Brady almost won it on a late drive throwing to mo one, so with a full cast to come back I think the packers are toast.

kansas city lost to the colts, no hill, no get out play. Mahomes was in a heated discussion with a coach on the sidelines, trouble in paradise.
Yeah I saw that, it was a great win against the side I reckon will win the Superbowl. Bills looked a step ahead of everyone until yesterday. Brady is going a bit under the radar early for mine, just chugging along making sure they snag enough wins to get to the playoffs then the real stuff starts. Final year for sure. Mahomes and his $400m contract doing wonders.

Been a really odd season so far, looking like a really even competition this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tua smashed scampering around out of the pocket and sacked. If you can’t stay in the pocket step up and hit targets eventually it will catch up with you. Russell Wilson is the exception because he slides and gets down. The pundits can rant and rave about Lamar Jackson but he’s beaten a couple of lousy sides and made some throws that should have been picks. He’s a fantastic footballer, his speed is something else but as a passing QB i have a lot in front of him.

Tua smashed scampering around out of the pocket and sacked. If you can’t stay in the pocket step up and hit targets eventually it will catch up with you. Russell Wilson is the exception because he slides and gets down. The pundits can rant and rave about Lamar Jackson but he’s beaten a couple of lousy sides and made some throws that should have been picks. He’s a fantastic footballer, his speed is something else but as a passing QB i have a lot in front of him.
Agree completely.

What are your thoughts on Hurts out of curiosity. Do you think he's more Russell Wilson or more Lamar Jackson? Personally felt like he is evasive but not Jackson evasive, and has a really similar build to Wilson...he's thick lol.

I felt the same about Hurts as you do about Jackson but always had a slight hope he would become a better passer...so far so good this season but it's early days.

Looking forward to the matchup with the (S)eagles this week.

Uncle Doug has done a great job so far - Trev playing with confidence, the run game looking strong and defensively getting back to the old DUUVVVAAALL!!

Still a young developing team but one thing is for sure in our div - anything can happen.

Agree completely.

What are your thoughts on Hurts out of curiosity. Do you think he's more Russell Wilson or more Lamar Jackson? Personally felt like he is evasive but not Jackson evasive, and has a really similar build to Wilson...he's thick lol.

I felt the same about Hurts as you do about Jackson but always had a slight hope he would become a better passer...so far so good this season but it's early days.
It’s bizarre because Jackson is an mvp but hurts was very good in college and seems to be hitting targets from the pocket with quite a good arm. I watch jackson and I see why he made 12 visits to Brady’s QB whisperer over the offseason. I don’t rate his arm and you can talk about fundamentals all you like but under pressure he’ll run or throw picks. He’s the team, everything is built around him, he has the most carry‘s etc an absolute 1 man band but it will never win a Super Bowl imo.

Tua, head and neck injuries but reports are he’s ok.

DnNBXsM.png

That was horrific. How do your fingers even do that. Despite all of their legal troubles I still think the NFL pays lip service to concussion. They still accept way too many helmet to helmet hits and now this. Sue them all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back