NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt this will put anything to bed but here goes.

• No crisis meeting ever took place
• No former players have been spoken to or contacted club re coaching.
One former player was contacted via phone to ascertain his playing future when it was found out he was moving on from his recent club. He chose a different course, which isn’t an issue.
• Re Denny’s comment on picking of side. Coaches pick their teams, no one else.

Finally, I’ve been at every training session and can’t speak highly enough of Phil and all the coaches for the efforts to deal with probably the youngest list in the whole NFL, keep them enthused, and hopefully chalk up some wins shortly. The enthusiasm and vibe from the group as a whole has always been up, and that is mainly due to the coaching staff and club as a whole for supporting them fully.

So I don’t know where if anywhere you got your “scoop”, but it’s totally incorrect, and all it does is create a bit of “ me time” for you and cause I dare say intended grief that is upsetting for people giving total commitment in a challenging situation.

Feel free to msg me directly here or email me at brutal662004@yahoo.com.au to clarify any other gossip you come across.
I would sincerely hope this wasn't the certain player who threw his toys out of the cot at Macleod... If so that just shows the desperation to even put a call through to someone who walked out on the club 8 months early.

Let's be honest Plunkett is $101 to go round there again next year.

Haha, they are a joke. One of the brothers lasted 4 weeks at a Div 1 club (played 1 senior game) and is now heading to St Kilda City.

Sacked a gun coach, left when he knew he couldn’t win. What a great individual
Sorry where do you get your info from? I know these 2 brothers that your refuring too and the one that left happen to leave the div 1 club as he is 35 and can no longer meet the training requirements that would be needed to play div 1 senior football due to family and work commitments and left the club on great terms to go and play footy with some mates in a more social form. And neither of them were approached to coach and neither brother would anyway, as from what I know struggle to keep
Up with the commitment footy requires due to work etc. you blokes need to get your facts right before making statements about people that are complete bullshit. They are both club legends who have played major parts in the 2 only grand finals the club has won in the last who knows how long. And both hung around the club during some really grim times previously.
From what I know and here lower plenty are struggling but have a good lot of young kids on their list and like all local clubs would only be a few good players away from being competitive again next year.

Sorry where do you get your info from? I know these 2 brothers that your refuring too and the one that left happen to leave the div 1 club as he is 35 and can no longer meet the training requirements that would be needed to play div 1 senior football due to family and work commitments and left the club on great terms to go and play footy with some mates in a more social form. And neither of them were approached to coach and neither brother would anyway, as from what I know struggle to keep
Up with the commitment footy requires due to work etc. you blokes need to get your facts right before making statements about people that are complete bullshit. They are both club legends who have played major parts in the 2 only grand finals the club has won in the last who knows how long. And both hung around the club during some really grim times previously.
From what I know and here lower plenty are struggling but have a good lot of young kids on their list and like all local clubs would only be a few good players away from being competitive again next year.
Wouldnt he have known the training requirements of Div 1 footy when he agreed to play? There is a lot of covering up going on with these Rumours about Lower. They seem to get stronger and stronger every day.
From an outsider it looks like the Rumour mongers are covering up their own rumours, Hope Lower improve in the back half of year. Its not good for any club especially when they are struggling at the moment.

Wouldnt he have known the training requirements of Div 1 footy when he agreed to play? There is a lot of covering up going on with these Rumours about Lower. They seem to get stronger and stronger every day.
From an outsider it looks like the Rumour mongers are covering up their own rumours, Hope Lower improve in the back half of year. Its not good for any club especially when they are struggling at the moment.
I’m pretty sure his work and family circumstances have changed in the last few months from what I know.
I’m not sure what the “rumors” are that are getting stronger?
If anyone thinks a a club that is winless after 6 games or what ever is it isn’t looking at all aspects of the club on and off field is an idiot. If they weren’t be proactive in trying to find solutions then they wouldn’t be doing their job. Just like assume Epping would be doing and every other club in that position.

At the end of the day these 2 were the main architects & instigators in having the previous premiership coach removed only for them & majority of the senior group to then realise the incumbent wasn't all he was cracked up to be so they jumped out of the burning building which is only going to ignite such rumours whether they are true, exaggerated, some watch true, they need to accep it.

It would be interesting if the previous regime had been left to continue the success they were having where the club would be & I can almost guarantee it wouldn't be 0-6 & in a relegation battle.

At the end of the day these 2 were the main architects & instigators in having the previous premiership coach removed only for them & majority of the senior group to then realise the incumbent wasn't all he was cracked up to be so they jumped out of the burning building which is only going to ignite such rumours whether they are true, exaggerated, some watch true, they need to accep it.

It would be interesting if the previous regime had been left to continue the success they were having where the club would be & I can almost guarantee it wouldn't be 0-6 & in a relegation battle.

I’m pretty sure his work and family circumstances have changed in the last few months from what I know.
I’m not sure what the “rumors” are that are getting stronger?
If anyone thinks a a club that is winless after 6 games or what ever is it isn’t looking at all aspects of the club on and off field is an idiot. If they weren’t be proactive in trying to find solutions then they wouldn’t be doing their job. Just like assume Epping would be doing and every other club in that position.
Has left a Div 1 club to go to another Div 1 club in Southern Football League - fact

Was playing 2s and left - fact

Got rid of previous coach - this is a fact

Left when things got tough - another fact

Nothing I have mentioned is heresay or rumour

Has left a Div 1 club to go to another Div 1 club in Southern Football League - fact

Was playing 2s and left - fact

Got rid of previous coach - this is a fact

Left when things got tough - another fact

Nothing I have mentioned is heresay or rumour
Don't you mean he left to play for a div 1 club in the "social" football league

2 posts and created yesterday, looks like we found BB's account.

I think he's too busy with the demands of work, SFL and family commitments to be posting on here.
He probably would be. I’m actually a friend of his families and a long time lower plenty watcher/ supporter and was told about the garbage being posted about him and his brother on this and wanted to state some real facts.

Tips for this weekend game

Eltham 1st vs Diamond Creek 2nd. The panthers had a solid win last week over Sth Morang but will need to fix their inaccuracy in front of goal. Owen is a big out for the Panthers. For the demons, they will look to bounce back after last weeks shock first loss to Panton Hill. They only kicked the 6 goals for the game and only have Barnes in the top 20 goalkickers with 8 majors. Can’t see them having enough firepower to stop the Eltham juggernaut. Eltham by 37 points

Epping 10th vs Northcote Park 5th. Epping had there best games last week only trailing Watsonia by 4 points but a 6 goal to 0 goal last quarter meant they are still to open their 2023 account. The cougars with Tadd, Punshon and Clark leading the way got an important 4 points over Thomastown. Northcote Park to continue their winning ways by 52 points

Thomastown 7th vs Lower Plenty 9th. 2 teams who have had disappointing seasons so far. The bears have struggled for consistency, Leonardis the standout but he needs some help from the likes of Coulson, Lopiccolo and Samie. For Lower they have had a big fall, they are playing some younger kids who will take time to develop to senior footy. Bell and Leslie have been good but they need more from Flynn and Porter as the senior players. Thomastown by 28 points

Sth Morang 3rd vs Watsonia 4th. An interesting encounter between 2 sides on the rise. The Lions were competitive against premiership favourites Eltham last week while the Saints struggled to shake off bottom of the ladder Epping. T Hall and Potter are having great starts to the season while Boulton for the saints is currently 2nd in coaches award. Should be a cracking game but Lions at home by 21 points

St Marys 6th vs Panton Hill 8th. 2 teams in good form, both looking to continue their winning streaks going. For the Burra M Green got the 10 coaches votes last week and with MacGibbon, Dean and Cotter will look to push for the win and move into the top 5. For the redbacks C Cleary was massive last week with Cousins, Keys and S Parks all in the coaches votes. Toss of the coin, going with the home team. St Marys by 4 points

Enjoy the footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

EP vs DC - the match we’ve all been waiting for. While Eltham is travelling on very nicely I feel Diamond Creek matchup quite well and will really challenge them tomorrow. Hard to see any gaps with the panther list at the moment, but I just feel Diamond Creek will bounce back and win by six points.

SM vs PH - this match went from no interest to very interesting very quickly. Both teams hitting a little bit of form, but I feel Panton Hill have probably clicked, and will find another win here.

SM vs W - Watsonia and South morang. I have both hit rough patches in the season and one so I will be very keen to bounce back here. I’m expecting to see South morang prevail here by 23 points.

LP vs TT - Thomastown should easily account for lower plenty who will be concentrating on their clash with epping next week. Lower plenty look to be in a world of hurt and will just be hoping to get through injury free. Thomastown by 55

Epping vs NP - how to see the game going any way other than an easy Northcatw park win. 40

Eltham v Diamo - Should be a cracker. Eltham at home tho win this one by 10 points

Epping V Northcote - Epping we’re very competitive for 3 quarters last week. Tipping Northcote by 30

Thomastown V Lower - Must win for Thommo. Thomastown by 40

South Morang V Watsonia - should be a real tight game. winning team goes 4-2, Could honestly go either way here. Picking South at home tho by 3 points

St Marys V Panton - The weather suits Panton today. Should be another tight game that could swing to either team. Picking Panton hill tho by 4 points

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Looks like they bounced back in good fashion. Probably the first of many good battles these side will have this season
At the start of this season Diamo and Panton Hill went on big spending sprees and both picked up about 8 quality players - Diamo needed the quality to win a flag and Panton Hill needed quality players to be competitive and try and play finals - I reckon the big spending will pay off for both clubs
The other 2 supposed flag contenders Eltham & Northcote only added 2 quality recruits
Diamo embarrased Eltham yesterday without probably their 2 best players - The scoreboard flattered Eltham
Diamo definite flag favourites and I reckon the Hill men play finals - Good recruiting for them both

At the start of this season Diamo and Panton Hill went on big spending sprees and both picked up about 8 quality players - Diamo needed the quality to win a flag and Panton Hill needed quality players to be competitive and try and play finals - I reckon the big spending will pay off for both clubs
The other 2 supposed flag contenders Eltham & Northcote only added 2 quality recruits
Diamo embarrased Eltham yesterday without probably their 2 best players - The scoreboard flattered Eltham
Diamo definite flag favourites and I reckon the Hill men play finals - Good recruiting for them both
Diamond Creek lost a few and just bought some quality in to replace.

Eltham have spent huge, not sure what you’re talking about. Bongo, Goodwin and Donaldson wouldn’t have come cheap

Diamond Creek lost a few and just bought some quality in to replace.

Eltham have spent huge, not sure what you’re talking about. Bongo, Goodwin and Donaldson wouldn’t have come cheap
Every club has spent - I am saying Diamo & Panton Hill have spent the best
In DIV1 I reckon Monty gets the title

Northcote parks depth must be an issue especially when we get to the heart of winter…reserves being smashed by epping is not a good thing for a team who’s seniors are challenging for finals

3 out of 5 missing on Eltham and Panton Hill

Winner of the week: Diamond Creek bounce back after their surprise loss to Panton Hill to knock of the previously undefeated Eltham at Panther park. A 4 goal to 1 third quarter proving the difference which opened up a 37 point 3 quarter time lead which was too much for Eltham to overcome.

Loser of the week: St Marys, the inconsistency of the Burra must be frustrating for all concerned. Had a great chance to move to 4-2 put Panton Hill proved too strong in a 23 point defeat of the home team.

At this stage only Lower Plenty and Epping out of finals contention. One win separates 3rd placed Northcote Park with 8th placed Panton Hill. Some big games coming up in round 7 as well.

Huge game this weekend for the relegation battle. Hard to imagine a team like Lower Plenty in D3. Both sides will be desperate to stay up.

Epping just doesn’t seem to have the fire power so Lower will go in favourites for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back