NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Diamond Creek looked the goods yesterday. Defensively sound and look exciting on the counter attack. 61 points is still a worry because even with their dominance they still kept eltham within striking distance.

Eltham’s ball movement was at a snails pace for most of the game and constantly switched to road blocks which proved fruitless. They played with little dare and carried passengers.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Panton Hill and how they’ve gone about their season?

Recruited heavily with some quality players but currently sit 3rd last with the same amount of wins and ladder position as last year.

I’ve heard there’s a bit of discontent with how things have panned out, as they expected to at the very least to be playing finals. Presidents name all over the planning and the coach been given all resources for no substantial improvement apart from a better percentage than 2022.

With rumours that some players including recruits will retire or move on next season, where does this leave them??

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Panton Hill and how they’ve gone about their season?

Recruited heavily with some quality players but currently sit 3rd last with the same amount of wins and ladder position as last year.

I’ve heard there’s a bit of discontent with how things have panned out, as they expected to at the very least to be playing finals. Presidents name all over the planning and the coach been given all resources for no substantial improvement apart from a better percentage than 2022.

With rumours that some players including recruits will retire or move on next season, where does this leave them??
Been very dissapointing. Their home ground is tiny and would make adjusting to big ground football very very difficult.

Hard to tell who has been most disappointing in division 2 footy this year
You could make a cause for Thomastown, Panton Hill and Lower Plenty for the most disappointing season
If Lower happen to get relegated it is a big fall from grace, not that long ago they were playing division 1 footy
Panton Hill recruited heavily and many had them playing finals and they have been disappointing and inconsistent
Thomastown on paper probably babe the best playing list but for whatever reason it hasn’t translated to on field performance. Coach not going around next season has well means that there has to be some off field issues as well

Diamond Creek looked the goods yesterday. Defensively sound and look exciting on the counter attack. 61 points is still a worry because even with their dominance they still kept eltham within striking distance.

Eltham’s ball movement was at a snails pace for most of the game and constantly switched to road blocks which proved fruitless. They played with little dare and carried passengers.
Went down for a watch.
I must say, the above is a very good summation.
Creekers felt like they were in control for 3 quarters. Eltham had control of the ball for all of the last and as way the story of the day there skill level, especially going inside 50 hurt them dramatically.

Creekers are the real deal. They play the big deck well and spread the ground.
Best side in for the year with McPherson playing. Anyone from Creek confirm if there is any other notable outs? Moloney & Elward potentially the only two.

Elthams injury list is no doubt hurting them, their fate is dependant on key players returning to fitness.

Weatherald, Horsfield, Frazer, Byron, Taglieri & Finbar Maley

All not playing yesterday, you’d think evens out the three goal margin.

Let’s hope we get a chance to see these two go at it again when it matters!

Went down for a watch.
Creekers felt like they were in control for 3 quarters. Eltham had control of the ball for all of the last and as way the story of the day there skill level, especially going inside 50 hurt them dramatically.

Best side in for the year with McPherson playing. Anyone from Creek confirm if there is any other notable outs? Moloney & Elward potentially the only two.

Elthams injury list is no doubt hurting them, their fate is dependant on key players returning to fitness.

Some of those blokes spend more time on the injury list than being available.

Panton hill very disappointing. I would’ve thought the team would have come together a lot better by now with team chemistry. Perhaps coaching/gameplan the issue? I haven’t seen them live so can’t comment on that.
Thomastown have been a let down for a number of years and whilst some say a very talented list, if not the most, perhaps an overrated list.
Looking at it from the other point of view, St Mary’s and Watsonia have been ultra impressive and it’s great to see!

I also managed to watch most of the diamo v eltham game and agree with all that has been mentioned. Handy for diamo to have McPherson available, he was great. Could be massive if they get him for finals.
Eltham had a few out as mentioned but of those out horsefield, Weatherald and Frazer the only main ones and I believe horsefield isn’t a certainty to get back in after speaking to an eltham person yesterday, Weatherald and Frazer great if healthy but that’s the big question. Either way, Diamond creeks flag to lose.

Went down for a watch.

When Eltham moved the ball with some speed they caught Diamo out, just didn’t do it anywhere near often enough. Also, Eltham seemed keen not to spread the ground. The amount of times DC got overlap through width was frustrating to watch.

Panthers were carried by too few yesterday anddDC really had their measure all game.

When Eltham moved the ball with some speed they caught Diamo out, just didn’t do it anywhere near often enough. Also, Eltham seemed keen not to spread the ground. The amount of times DC got overlap through width was frustrating to watch.

Panthers were carried by too few yesterday anddDC really had their measure all game.
It was bizarre to watch. Chipped it around allowing DC to setup perfectly

What I have seen this season is that Diamond Creek are very even across the board and play four quarters of football.
Eltham are brilliant in patches but not as consistent.
St Mary’s hitting their straps, intriguing game against Diamo this week!
A lot to play out still!
Awesome finals series to come!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Panton hill very disappointing. I would’ve thought the team would have come together a lot better by now with team chemistry. Perhaps coaching/gameplan the issue? I haven’t seen them live so can’t comment on that.
Thomastown have been a let down for a number of years and whilst some say a very talented list, if not the most, perhaps an overrated list.
Looking at it from the other point of view, St Mary’s and Watsonia have been ultra impressive and it’s great to see!

I also managed to watch most of the diamo v eltham game and agree with all that has been mentioned. Handy for diamo to have McPherson available, he was great. Could be massive if they get him for finals.
Eltham had a few out as mentioned but of those out horsefield, Weatherald and Frazer the only main ones and I believe horsefield isn’t a certainty to get back in after speaking to an eltham person yesterday, Weatherald and Frazer great if healthy but that’s the big question. Either way, Diamond creeks flag to lose.
I dare say getting Finbar Maley back for finals who has been rucking all year in the VFL might be a fairly handy addition to the three you’ve mentioned above.

Either way, some class to be added for the Panthers.

Creek deservingly favourites, they were fantastic diver the weekend and have deserved to be the competiton leaders all year. Credit to them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dare say getting Finbar Maley back for finals who has been rucking all year in the VFL might be a fairly handy addition to the three you’ve mentioned above.

Either way, some class to be added for the Panthers.

Creek deservingly favourites, they were fantastic diver the weekend and have deserved to be the competiton leaders all year. Credit to them
He will be a handy addition especially if they can move Goodwin forward for periods. I saw Finbar kicked 2 against Geelong Saturday so could also be a handful up there.

What is wrong with Horsfield?

Ivanhoe in the VAFA are considering a move to the NFNL next season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He will be a handy addition especially if they can move Goodwin forward for periods. I saw Finbar kicked 2 against Geelong Saturday so could also be a handful up there.

What is wrong with Horsfield?
Some sort of lingering soft tissue injury or soreness that is restricting him dramatically apparently. Someone from eltham May be able to clarify exactly.

NFNL Div 2 discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back