List Mgmt. Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea, but there was rumours earlier/mid-season. He did follow the suns recruiting manager for a few weeks. I was a bit nervous for a time.

But Nick doesn't appear to me as someone that would care about pressure. But nevertheless, he is happy with his choice, that's all that matters.

Guess with Eddie and Bucks Leaving there was a Small Time Nick and his Family where having 2nd Thoughts but did not last long

Guess with Eddie and Bucks Leaving there was a Small Time Nick and his Family where having 2nd Thoughts but did not last long
Yeah, around early May when he was up on the GC he was having thoughts. But clearly things changed after that. 4 months ago. I don't think he will be second guessing now. Lots of excitement to feel good about.

Doesn't really matter now. But Edmund trying to rain on our happy parade. Doesn't matter what he was considering half way through the year. He made his choice and is happy about it.

Typical Media Crap trying to make a Postive Day for Collingwood Fans to a Negative Day

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any truth or bit of a media bs?

Media BS. Doesn't matter how attractive the GCS pitch was, he'd never have gotten through to them (pick 3) if he went into the draft instead of accepting the FS option.

Media BS. Doesn't matter how attractive the GCS pitch was, he'd never have gotten through to them (pick 3) if he went into the draft instead of accepting the FS option.
Yeah, you'd have to be confident North or GWS weren't bidding. Or unless this was at a time they were going that badly, most didn't think they would win another game

Yeah, you'd have to be confident North or GWS weren't bidding. Or unless this was at a time they were going that badly, most didn't think they would win another game

Yep, Unless Suns where going to Tank.

Don't think he would give it a ton of Thought

Yep, Unless Suns where going to Tank.

Don't think he would give it a ton of Thought
Momentarily I think, but I think he made his choice a while back. But indecision or not (which is his choice) he has made his decision and confident enough to win a 4 year deal. Silly to even bring it up, as it matters none.

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Can't work out why so many of us seem intent on focusing on negatives - even searching for something that might somehow in some alternate universe be considered negative.

So much negativity with a brighter future beaconing is just ludicrous.

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not saying he is on the same level as Peter, but to say he didn’t have that many tricks is inaccurate IMO.

His trick bag was overflowing.

Regardless both guns and glad they played for the Pies.

Didak was a gun but he was not in that real elite tier of "carry your team against the flow" type player. Ie Buckley, Judd Ablett jnr, Martin, Dangerfield etc.

Even Pendles lacks this quality imo but is still a tier above Didak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Total disagreement, only John Greening comes in front of Daics.

The man changed the way the game is played.

He invented an entirely new method of shooting for goal.

Have never seen anyone with the level of poise or reading the game ahead of the play.

No much as I love Pendles and Bucks Daics left them in the dust.

PS If you haven't watched the young Daics OWN the centre field you haven't seen the real Daics.

Don't take my word for it watch any footage of his early games and pay attention to the coaches boxes, every time he went near the ball they started pulling their hair out by the roots.

Pendles and Bucks are and will always be genuine champions.

Daics was on a far different level.

Buckley was on Daicos level but imo Pendles isn't.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Daicos to GC adds a little spice to the story that’s all. He sits through a presentation and meets the playing group, but that’s as far as it goes. No matter what you read his team didn’t consider it for one moment and the only factor in it was to drive up his first contract. Kudos to Edmund the weasel for getting an angle on it that no one else did.

Happy to have a story related to Collingwood where something almost went wrong, but didn’t. One gets used to stories where something almost worked out, but didn’t.

Will he play again this year? U19 championships still going ahead?

Highly Doubt the U-19 Champs will go Ahead but there been some talk of a Possible All-Star Game but that also a Long Shot

Daicos to GC adds a little spice to the story that’s all. He sits through a presentation and meets the playing group, but that’s as far as it goes.
He was actually on a recruiting mission ;)

When was the last time you saw a Collingwood player kick 13 goals in one game?
Or even more than 10?
I was there the day McKenna kicked 16. He had an immense influence on Collingwood. Tuddy knocking him out in the 70 GF cost us a flag. Daics as fantastic, loved him but there have been a few ahead of him in my time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back