Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

And we all know their tune changes in a heartbeat if Nick was at their club.

No one calls Sheezel soft for getting 36 touches in the backline (and I'm a big fan of the guy)
People see what they need to see. Despite Nick winning clearances midfield, the biggest one of the year in last years GF, then snapping the match winning goal. ‘Nah dat Dacos only gets cheaply posesssions in da backline’ cry the morons.

People see what they need to see. Despite Nick winning clearances midfield, the biggest one of the year in last years GF, then snapping the match winning goal. ‘Nah dat Dacos only gets cheaply posesssions in da backline’ cry the morons.

I have to laugh at the new angle - some are now having a crack at his lack of contested marking.

Chris Judd average 0.3 per game across his career (skewed by the one year he bizarrely took 13) and Ablett Junior averaged 0.37 per game. Hardly a massive part of their games.

Last edited:
I have to laugh at the new angle now having a crack at his lack of contested marking.

Chris Judd average 0.3 per game across his career (skewed by the one year he bizarrely took 13) and Ablett Junior averaged 0.37 per game. Hardly a massive part of their games.
His hitout to advantage numbers are lower than any ruckman. Delist

I have to laugh at the new angle now having a crack at his lack of contested marking.

No hitouts, what a scrub

Anyone happen to have a list of the matches he has kicked a final QTR goal in?

Bonus points for the final winning/losing margain and his final QTR stats.

They had a similar discussion on the Sunday Footy Show. Asked if Reids first year was better then Judds yet seemed to forget about Nick.
Probably in keeping with the fact both played their first year at the Eagles rather than just forgetting "his eminence".
THe Eagles were struggling then too.
Reid will be a deadset gun though so I'd be getting my ducks in a row to have a chat with him as soon as possible if I was a Collingwood recruiting type.

"Why not have both?"

I have to laugh at the new angle - some are now having a crack at his lack of contested marking.

The haters will always find something wrong with him.
They just can't stand the fact that he plays for Collingwood.

Last edited by a moderator:
And we all know their tune changes in a heartbeat if Nick was at their club.

No one calls Sheezel soft for getting 36 touches in the backline (and I'm a big fan of the guy)
The Blues are sneaky. They increased the degree of difficulty for Nick to accumulate hard ball gets by not covering the defensive side at stoppages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably in keeping with the fact both played their first year at the Eagles rather than just forgetting "his eminence".
THe Eagles were struggling then too.
Reid will be a deadset gun though so I'd be getting my ducks in a row to have a chat with him as soon as possible if I was a Collingwood recruiting type.

"Why not have both?"
If Reid doesn't re-sign at the Eagles he'd HAVE to be gettable for us you'd think

He picked us as the no.1 team he'd want to go to before he was drafted

You are seriously speculating on a trade that would take place in October 2026?

Did you not see the post I was replying to?

It was talking about us having a chat with him as soon as possible.

Which reminded me of the interview I saw with him where he was asked about the teams he'd want to be recruited to if he had the choice.

I'm not sure why this bothers you so much?

Did you not see the post I was replying to?

It was talking about us having a chat with him as soon as possible.

Which reminded me of the interview I saw with him where he was asked about the teams he'd want to be recruited to if he had the choice.

I'm not sure why this bothers you so much?
Dunno if it gets too high on my botherometer.

We still see people sling s**t at Pendles - nothing will stop them

Had an interesting discussion with a Saints supporter at the pub the other week when Pendles notched his 10k disposal on Pendles v Robert Harvey. I mean no one can dispute how good a footballer Harvey was but this supporter made the following claims:

Harvey got to his total possessions quicker than Pendles. Fact check for him on Footywire, no he didn’t.

Harvey averaged more disposals across his career. Fact check, no he didn’t.

Harvey’s a better player because he won 2x Charlie’s. Told him I’m confident if you asked Harvey he’d happily swap his 2x Charlie’s for Pendles 2x premiership medallions and 1x Norm Smith. For the record, Harvey 215 Brownlow votes, Pendles 220 and still counting.

Last edited:
Had an interesting discussion with a Saints supporter at the pub the other week when Pendles notched his 10k disposal on Pendles v Robert Harvey. I mean no one can dispute how good a footballer Harvey was but this supporter made the following claims:

Harvey got to his total possessions quicker than Pendles. Fact check for him on Footywire, no he didn’t.

Harvey averaged more disposals across his career. Fact check, no he didn’t.

Harvey’s a better player because he won 2x Charlie’s. Told him I’m confident if you asked Harvey he’d happily swap his 2x Charlie’s for Pendles 2x premiership medallions and 1x Norm Smith. For the record, Harvey 215 Brownlow votes, Pendles 220 and still counting.
They have so little to hold on to down at St Looserville, don’t take away any delusions they still have.

Getting Harley Reid to go with Nick Daicos would put us in permanent contention.

Not sure about that, but it would definitely make our midfield one of the better ones in the comp

Remove this Banner Ad

Back