Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Completely underwhelming to me.

Spent far too long on Smash and it seemed like stuff that was more suited to the Treehouse anyway. It looked good but felt like padding big time.

I'd have loved some more third party support too. Hello fallout/ MGS ports?

Maybe I was getting into the hype too much but it didn't seem like anything new much was announced? It was mostly stuff we already knew about.

BUT it does seem like Mario Party is back in form which is fantastic. Looked great.

Last edited:
Madness in my opinion.
They spent no time going over what is coming in the 2018/19 years. Not even a list. Ridiculous! No third party ports, No new games, no WiiU Ports, Nothing about online or VC, nothing about a software upgrade. Nothing about Apps. Not even a 1-second clip of Metroid Prime. No Yoshi, No Starfox/F-Zero footage, heck we don't even know it exists, No "new super mario bros" with luigi. Not even the new basic titles.

Apart from Smash and Evee, what exactly are they expecting people to look forward to??

Smash was great though!

Don't really care about Fire Emblem.

Hopefully, they have a Direct in September or something. I have no idea how they think triple first-year sales was going to work.

pros: Fortnite and Hollow Knight are out!
I'm not sad there were no new Wii U ports announced (as I've played them on the Wii U), but their purpose is to bulk up the library and I'm sorry, if your upcoming library is as linear and lacking as this direct showcased, you need them. It's so obvious that SM3DW that could've significantly helped in the second half of the year. I'm assuming they don't want to confuse people with it and Mario Odyssey DLC but where the hell was that anyway?

Starfox GP I'll give them a pass on. If it's not real then what can they actually do? If it is, I don't think know what they gain by acknowledging it. Metroid 4 and TESVI have a long history and got their little teasers to satisfy the fanbases that have been waiting for so long. I'm not sure a starfox spinoff warrants that.

A lack of any significant new third party news is the most concerning though imo. Switch really needs it, even if it's older games ported over.

Internet: “GIVE US SMASH AND POKEMON AND YOU’LL SELL MILLIONS OF CONSOLES”

Nintendo: “Here you go”

Internet: “IS THAT ALL??”

E3 isn’t what it once was, titles are spread out through the year now not every platform waits for E3 to announce games. More than likely in a few months Nintendo will hold their own direct for games like MP4 etc.

Internet: “GIVE US SMASH AND POKEMON AND YOU’LL SELL MILLIONS OF CONSOLES”

Nintendo: “Here you go”

Internet: “IS THAT ALL??”

E3 isn’t what it once was, titles are spread out through the year now not every platform waits for E3 to announce games. More than likely in a few months Nintendo will hold their own direct for games like MP4 etc.
I agree with Pokemon but I've never said that about Smash. Pokemon's appeal is a lot broader than Smash. Don't get me wrong, Smash sells and will sell great, but it's ultimately catering to the Nintendo audience. Pokemon captures (pun intended) an audience that wouldn't otherwise gravitate towards a switch.

Plus there was little Pokemon emphasis anyway.

And yeah, Nintendo has been using directs throughout the year for a long time now. Nothing new there and it doesn't mean that they should escape criticism at E3 for what they show at E3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sad there were no new Wii U ports announced (as I've played them on the Wii U), but their purpose is to bulk up the library and I'm sorry, if your upcoming library is as linear and lacking as this direct showcased, you need them.

Something like Super Mario Maker for the Switch (whether it’s a port or sequel) would have helped to sell more units.

i thought there were big third party tiles that people have been going on and on about? DBFZ, Wolfeinstein II, Dark Souls, Fortnite, Monster Hunter

2 if which were announced today right? That’s not a great sign.

idk why that makes a difference, they're still coming. i'm not sure where the idea that Wii U ports or extra third party tidbids would sell loads more Switches, haven't they sold like 15 mil in 15 months

idk why that makes a difference, they're still coming. i'm not sure where the idea that Wii U ports or extra third party tidbids would sell loads more Switches, haven't they sold like 15 mil in 15 months
Because it shows a complete lack of improvement in an area that Nintendo themselves highlighted intensely at the launch last year. It's an issue that helped to cripple the Wii U and despite the Switch selling so well, primarily off the back of Zelda and Mario (which are both fantastic), more support didn't arrive today. That's what is concerning about the lack of new third party stuff announced today.

Never said Wii U ports or extra third party tidbits would sell loads more Switches although you're being blinded by something if you don't think something like Super Mario Maker for the Switch or a portable Metal Gear Solid wouldn't help push more consoles out the door.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back