Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Best place to buy SD cards? ordered a switch this morning online from target but they had no SD cards

Was considering this but not sure what a good price for plenty of storage is
https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop...o-plus-128gb-microsdxc-memory-card-samcevo128
I use umart for stuff like sd cards but it's hard to go wrong with officeworks for anything. This looks to be the same card at umart

Just remember to get a micro sd that reads at over 80mbps.

In terms of size, a 64GB card has been more than enough for me although I only get my indies digitally. The bigger games I get physically and as of yet I've not bought one which has a required download. If you're going digital only, the bigger the better.

so i have a launch day switch from big w that has the disconnecting left joycon problem that i've only recently noticed because i just used the pro controller from the outset. am i any chance of getting it repaired for free from nintendo or am i s**t out of luck because the 12 month warranty's up?

so i have a launch day switch from big w that has the disconnecting left joycon problem that i've only recently noticed because i just used the pro controller from the outset. am i any chance of getting it repaired for free from nintendo or am i s**t out of luck because the 12 month warranty's up?

You should be able to get it repaired if you mention your consumer rights. Electronics are covered by something along the lines of a reasonable expected lifetime and 15 months for a joycon/console is not the expected lifetime for a console.

Via one of Big W or Nintendo themselves you should be able to get it repaired, especialy as this has been a known issue in launch Switches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Octopath is great, but haven't figured out the combat system at all just yet, will probably need some guides for it.
You obviously need to buy or find more items before moving onto the first quest, because you won't survive without a more robust inventory.

So far I have Super Mario Oddyssey, Mario kart 8 Deluxe, Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild and Fire Emblem Warriors.

What other big games are out there?

Well the other "big" nintendo exclusive is donkey kong tropical freeze, but it's just a port of the Wii U game with slightly better graphics and frame rate. Other great games are Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, Doom, and Wolfenstein 2, but they're all multiplat games which look better on other systems.

Octopath is great, but haven't figured out the combat system at all just yet, will probably need some guides for it.
You obviously need to buy or find more items before moving onto the first quest, because you won't survive without a more robust inventory.

I Didn't figure it out straight away, but I think I've got to grips with it.

When you enter a battle, next to each enemy is a shield and a number, whether it be 1 2 3 etc. If it's 2 you've got to break the enemies shield twice using something they're vulnerable against, and once you've done that, they're susceptible to a lot more damage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back