Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m the same, I prefer simple as well when playing online but as you said it’s harder to find a match.

Was more fortunate today. Made the semi-finals for the first time and choked my debut finals appearance away, Didn't help that my palms were sweating like a motherfvcker lol

I hope Camelot make another Golf game, loved Mario Golf on the N64.

Also picked up Hollow Knight, fantastic value on the e-shop, only about $15.

Was more fortunate today. Made the semi-finals for the first time and choked my debut finals appearance away, Didn't help that my palms were sweating like a motherfvcker lol

I hope Camelot make another Golf game, loved Mario Golf on the N64.

Also picked up Hollow Knight, fantastic value on the e-shop, only about $15.
I've only made it to the semis as well and than I usually come up against someone who starts doing a whole heap of things I've never seen before.

Who's your favourite character? I really like Waluigi, he's so good at scrambling and retrieving balls. Bowser Jnr seems popular with a lot of top players, too.

Who's your favourite character? I really like Waluigi, he's so good at scrambling and retrieving balls. Bowser Jnr seems popular with a lot of top players, too.
I mostly use the power characters becuase I usually just rely on hitting hard shots to win points. Some of the bigger ones have good court coverage as well because of their size.

Been playing it a lot today. Got into the national rankings lol, last time I checked was the 36th ranked Aussie :D won my first tournament but what I don't like is now I never get to beat up on the round one scrubs as I'm always seeded for the second round now...

I'm utterly addicted to Hollow Knight at the moment. I don't usually get into Metroidvania style games but there's something about the way HK presents itself which makes it stand above other indie games I've played recently. It's just such a polished game. It's got great combat, interesting level design, beautiful art design and soundtrack. I think it's a must have game for any Switch owner and at $17.50, it's an absolute steal.

hhYxaho.gif

UuWidVc.gif

Totally agree. This game is a masterpiece. Deserves its own thread really.

You can get Switch related apps on Android, I know. For example there's one which keeps you informed about the release schedule.

So looks like my games will come Friday and my Switch is due next Monday. That’s so cruel! :)

Silly question... Any apps on the Switch?
Nope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep and made by an Adelaide developer. It's a good feeling to support a local dev.

Damn I had no idea it was made by Aussie developers. There's actually quite a few fantastic Indies put out by Australian devs, aside from Hollow Knight there's Golf Story by a Queensland-based studio and one of my personal favourites, Super One More Jump, developed right here in Melbourne.

Lumines does look cool, will pick it up eventually, but I've got a thick backlog atm. Being kept very busy by Hollow Knight, Mario Tennis Aces, West of Loathing etc.

Damn I had no idea it was made by Aussie developers. There's actually quite a few fantastic Indies put out by Australian devs, aside from Hollow Knight there's Golf Story by a Queensland-based studio and one of my personal favourites, Super One More Jump, developed right here in Melbourne.

Lumines does look cool, will pick it up eventually, but I've got a thick backlog atm. Being kept very busy by Hollow Knight, Mario Tennis Aces, West of Loathing etc.
Yep I picked up Golf Story to cheer myself up on GF day last year. It's a pretty good substitute for Mario Golf.

How is Mario Tennis Aces? Worth $60? I was tempted to just work on my backlog and wait until Smash.

I like it a lot. Online has been smooth for the most part. Had some really epic matches. Haven't bothered with the adventure mode, online is enough for me.

Question, when you download game updates how do you see what was in the update? Just saw on the news channel that mario kart 8 works with Labo (don’t care) but just intrigued if there’s information on what was updated in the game. Currently download donkey kong, rocket league and bomberman updates but not sure if something has been added to the games or just bug fixes.

Question, when you download game updates how do you see what was in the update? Just saw on the news channel that mario kart 8 works with Labo (don’t care) but just intrigued if there’s information on what was updated in the game. Currently download donkey kong, rocket league and bomberman updates but not sure if something has been added to the games or just bug fixes.
The Bomberman update was fairly big.

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/06/...characters-3-types-of-metal-gear-stages-more/

So turns out my Switch and games are on board for delivery today! Now to think of how I'm going to break the news to the other half...

Hoping to have a big Zelda sesh Sunday!

The beauty of the console is it has handheld mode. She can watch whatever she likes while you sit next to her on the couch playing video games. :D

So far I have Super Mario Oddyssey, Mario kart 8 Deluxe, Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild and Fire Emblem Warriors.

What other big games are out there?

So turns out my Switch and games are on board for delivery today! Now to think of how I'm going to break the news to the other half...

Hoping to have a big Zelda sesh Sunday!

Ok so I had a bit of a play with the Switch last night. Very impressed with it! Such a cool little piece of technology for what it is. It’s obviously nowhere near the power of my One X but it doesn’t need to be.
The portability is great and out of the box I can play split screen Mario kart. For $319 it was a bargain.

I told myself I’d get used to the joycons and avoid buying a pro controller but the transition was so easy so I don’t feel like I need a pro controller at all.

Only gripe is me ******* up the screen protector application so I ordered a new one :) so I’m babying this thing every time I take it out of the dock

So I got
Switch console
Another set of joy cons
Zelda
Mario Kart
Playstand
Sleeve for the dock

Things I need
Travel carry bag that fits joycons and power cord
A usb charging cord
Screen protector film

Remove this Banner Ad