No Oppo Supporters NMFC 2019 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If that's the number how many will be attending games tomorrow as the away team then when we play at home after that?

Not sure I get your point - it's marginally above last year and has been increasing marginally each year for a while now. If, as you imply, attendance is linked to membership numbers, then it shouldn't be much different from previous years.

I just got a call from the membership team asking if I wanted to be part of the guard of honour at the game on Sunday. Was told it was a special offer for members who had reserved a seat for Sunday.

I declined but thought anyone here with kids might like to be part of it.

They sent a text during the week selling this opportunity, must not have been any takers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What do you mean " haven't got 'em yet"?

The pleb at the membership tent told me we won't be getting them due to people giving them to non members, so we have to use our membership cards!

When I pointed out that people could just as easily pass on extra membership cards, he looked at me with a blank look on his face.

THESE campaignerS ARE TREATING MEMBERS LIKE THEY'RE THE ****ING ENEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS CLUB IS A CERTIFIED ****ING DISGRACE!!!!
Campaigner ?? or AFL intern.

How accurate is the NMFC membership sites membership figure? Is it a marketing exercise and not the actual amount of members signed up at the time. Does it include members from previous years that are yet to renew?

How accurate is the NMFC membership sites membership figure? Is it a marketing exercise and not the actual amount of members signed up at the time. Does it include members from previous years that are yet to renew?
Pretty sure it doesn't include those who are yet to renew.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Still waiting for 5 of ours FFS...................

HvAz3Un.gif

Jingos. That is ordinary. (The situation, not the gif).

It is, and the Memb. Dept. folk I've been speaking to agree. They've just emailed me printable tickets for the seats and will have to do so for any future game which arises prior to the membership cards arriving. :poo:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely incredible. How hard can it really be?

Exactly, and I'm someone well connected so I can only imagine there'd have to be others affected at least as badly. They did tell me awhile ago that the issues have been recognised as unacceptable and that they've already decided to go with other suppliers/distributors from next season onwards, indicating there are more issues than just mine.

Annnnnnyway, it's just a pain in the arse until the cards arrive, having to request emailed tickets each game in lieu of the cards, including for replacement games.

Absolutely incredible. How hard can it really be?
Not membership related but on Saturday I walked away from the club shop shaking my head with the attitude.

Myself and the family were up from the Surf Coast, and we decided to stop by the club to see if we could pick up some new clothing for the family. Walked into the shop at 5 past 1 on a saturday arvo, I picked up the new Shinboner history book, told my wife i'ii grab that, 2-new tops for the children, and 1 for myself, probably $250 all up. As im talking to the wife a staff member tells us sorry you'll have to leave we are shutting. I mentioned that we knew what we wanted and we'd be finished in less than 5 minutes, "sorry you'll have to leave now, we shut at 1 and you'll have to come back another time" was the response. I mentioned I lived down on the Surf coast over an hour away, but they just repeated that they were shut. My wife put back the $250 worth of merchanise we had in our hands and walked out shaking our heads!

Obviously the club must be rolling in money they way they treat members, and turn away punters wanting to hand over $250!

Not membership related but on Saturday I walked away from the club shop shaking my head with the attitude.

Myself and the family were up from the Surf Coast, and we decided to stop by the club to see if we could pick up some new clothing for the family. Walked into the shop at 5 past 1 on a saturday arvo, I picked up the new Shinboner history book, told my wife i'ii grab that, 2-new tops for the children, and 1 for myself, probably $250 all up. As im talking to the wife a staff member tells us sorry you'll have to leave we are shutting. I mentioned that we knew what we wanted and we'd be finished in less than 5 minutes, "sorry you'll have to leave now, we shut at 1 and you'll have to come back another time" was the response. I mentioned I lived down on the Surf coast over an hour away, but they just repeated that they were shut. My wife put back the $250 worth of merchanise we had in our hands and walked out shaking our heads!

Obviously the club must be rolling in money they way they treat members, and turn away punters wanting to hand over $250!
That is shocking. Im sure most of us have spent time back at work passed finishing time to deal with customers. Its not hard to do an extra 5 minutes.

That is shocking. Im sure most of us have spent time back at work passed finishing time to deal with customers. Its not hard to do an extra 5 minutes.
I wasn't the only one, as we'd walked in people were walking out empty handed as they'd also been turned away. The day before a game in Melbourne, you'd think they'd be keen to have the shop open to sell merch to families wanting to kit out for the game!

What a sad time we live in where the amount of Facebook reacts is a bigger driving factor than actually providing a decent service to our supporters.

that is just so mind numbingly stupid. They work in retail for gods sake! You go up, you ask directly what it was you were after (especially since you already knew that would have been piss easy) then you say "ok great, sorry to rush you but we do close in a minute, can i put those through for you?" Bam, 250 in the til, customer happy even if slightly rushed, close the store. I'd hazard a guess there wasn't exactly a line of people outside? Completely bonkers.

Take names and make a complaint Elroo
For too long the club hire job jumpers to work at the club and it shows in the customer service thats received.
We operate a tight ship but * we a stingy when it comes to member services

that is just so mind numbingly stupid. They work in retail for gods sake! You go up, you ask directly what it was you were after (especially since you already knew that would have been piss easy) then you say "ok great, sorry to rush you but we do close in a minute, can i put those through for you?" Bam, 250 in the til, customer happy even if slightly rushed, close the store. I'd hazard a guess there wasn't exactly a line of people outside? Completely bonkers.
Customer service is at its lowest standard overall.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back