• Disappointed

Votes: 66 38.8%
  • Royally pissed off

Votes: 83 48.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible decision by the board. The traditional design is classy and retains all the heritage of Fitzory and your three premierships.

The current lion is a monstrosity. Eespecially when the paddle pop head is just whacked onto a full body. Hope theres some change for you guys in 2014!

I'm equally hopefully our club grows some balls and gets rid of our monstrosity of a clash jumper.

hi guys long time reader first time poster i filled in a survyer at the chalk before the game on sunday and was wondering if any one from here started it if it was i hope my small contribution helps in eventually getting the guernsey changed to something we can be all proud of and enjoy seeing roun around deep in september in the coming years

All I have wanted from day 1 is the board to show the research as to why they believe this joke of a Guernsey is the way to go:

1: Does it appeal to the under 15's with a long term plan to grow membership over the next 10 years?
2: Did they survey a certain amount of members and feed back was positive?
3: Do they have current data which justifies the continuation of this jumper?
4: Is it a sponsors requirement that blue be the main color on the front of the Guernsey?

If the board just came out and cleared up why the jumper continues to be used then I think a lot of us (even though we hate it) would except it a move on.

I hate the jumper, but I would put my full support behind the club and its continued use of the jumper if they just explain why they did not change it when they had the chance 12 months ago, and also explained why they are not even attempting to contact the AFL to force a change ASAP.

hi guys long time reader first time poster i filled in a survyer at the chalk before the game on sunday and was wondering if any one from here started it if it was i hope my small contribution helps in eventually getting the guernsey changed to something we can be all proud of and enjoy seeing roun around deep in september in the coming years
Apologies for not replying sooner. You'll find the answer to your questions here. Thanks for your contribution.

This is what I don't understand in regards to not changing the guernsey.

It was patently obvioius that the 'Paddle Pop Lion' design was brought in by the old administration as a way of wiping Fitzroy from the club altogether. The Fitzroy lion was dumped (forget that it still appears in some form, the intent was to remove it totally and the terms of agreement were breeched to do so) and a new stylised design introduced that merely tolerated the lion. I have no doubts that, if they thought they could have gotten away with it, the administration (at the time) would have re-branded the entire club. It was a divisive step designed solely to cast off the club's history.Now there's a new administration. Since taking over they've said repeatedly that one of their chief aims is to reconnect with Fitzroy and reconcile with those supporters who were lost during the merger and as a result of the past administration's actions. They've certainly done some things that make you feel they are genuine and there's hope for the future. However, in choosing to retain a jumper that was designed to wipe Fitzroy from the club's history they've undone all of that good work. Why retain a symbol of divisiveness ? Why have the club represented by something which symbolises the darkest part of its history? If the aim is to unify all supporters why turn your back on the very thing (the guernsey) which has the potential to bring everyone together (and not have some of us leave completely until the change is made; however long that takes)?

I'm stumped.

Once again, this comes down to the club's attitude towards their membership. Changing the strip would show to me that they respect the core members and believe they are the ones who will help to build the club and secure its future. Continuing with the 'PaddlePop' says to me that their focus is on casual fans and people who aren't traditionally AFL/Lions followers. In other words, they're putting more value in some idealised potential members than actual ones.

This is what I don't understand in regards to not changing the guernsey.

It was patently obvioius that the 'Paddle Pop Lion' design was brought in by the old administration as a way of wiping Fitzroy from the club altogether. The Fitzroy lion was dumped (forget that it still appears in some form, the intent was to remove it totally and the terms of agreement were breeched to do so) and a new stylised design introduced that merely tolerated the lion. I have no doubts that, if they thought they could have gotten away with it, the administration (at the time) would have re-branded the entire club. It was a divisive step designed solely to cast off the club's history.Now there's a new administration. Since taking over they've said repeatedly that one of their chief aims is to reconnect with Fitzroy and reconcile with those supporters who were lost during the merger and as a result of the past administration's actions. They've certainly done some things that make you feel they are genuine and there's hope for the future. However, in choosing to retain a jumper that was designed to wipe Fitzroy from the club's history they've undone all of that good work. Why retain a symbol of divisiveness ? Why have the club represented by something which symbolises the darkest part of its history? If the aim is to unify all supporters why turn your back on the very thing (the guernsey) which has the potential to bring everyone together (and not have some of us leave completely until the change is made; however long that takes)?

I'm stumped.

Once again, this comes down to the club's attitude towards their membership. Changing the strip would show to me that they respect the core members and believe they are the ones who will help to build the club and secure its future. Continuing with the 'PaddlePop' says to me that their focus is on casual fans and people who aren't traditionally AFL/Lions followers. In other words, they're putting more value in some idealised potential members than actual ones.

Well, AndrewD, you're in charge of the competition so could help us out a little ;)

I have had a thought......does Malcolm + co know about our objections going back to saveourjumper.com days?....my thinking is that we were treated with such disdain by you-know-who, he may not have even mentioned to rest of the board that there was a petition objecting to their new jumper...

..if thats the case, Malcolm could've renewed the contract unaware there was a thorough disliking of said jumper..

Clutching at straws I know, but there has to be a reason why he renewed that contract without consultation to members...when we know how diligent they have been in everything else since taking over..

Well, AndrewD, you're in charge of the competition so could help us out a little ;)

Sorry mate, if I was THAT Andrew D, the guernsey issue would have to wait until after I'd sacked Gieschen, disbanded the MRP and cut the Eagles, Freo, Adelaide, GWS and GC from the competition :D After that, I'd change the Lions strip to Haso's #3 option design (wiith royal blue and red for away games).

Sorry mate, if I was THAT Andrew D, the guernsey issue would have to wait until after I'd sacked Gieschen, disbanded the MRP and cut the Eagles, Freo, Adelaide, GWS and GC from the competition :D After that, I'd change the Lions strip to Haso's #3 option design (wiith royal blue and red for away games).
That design was actually developed by TheBrownDog if I am not mistaken. It is a fantastic design, isn't it?

That design was actually developed by TheBrownDog if I am not mistaken. It is a fantastic design, isn't it?
Well then I 'dips me lid' to him, it is a great design. I'm sorry to say that I've never felt a connection to any of the home guernseys that the Lions have worn since the merger and that includes the one they used during their premiership seasons. Just too much yellow (at the collar and arm) and, to me, the maroon looks pinkish. That design; however, is absolutely spot-on. I don't know what Brisbane supporters think (those without a Fitzroy connection) but I could certainly get behind it and I think the darker tone has a far more intimidating look to it that is lost with the current strip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

419066_449655638412652_60464754_n.jpg

Just saw this posted by Fitzroy FC on twitter, imagining this with a Blue 'traditional' Lion on the front, not bad.

Just saw this posted by Fitzroy FC on twitter, imagining this with a Blue 'traditional' Lion on the front, not bad.
Would look better with maroon IMO.

419066_449655638412652_60464754_n.jpg

Yeah I was about to post something similar about the Lions potentially picking it up as our clash jumper (with a blue Lion on the front instead of the FFC monogram). We could adjust the colours slightly if we wanted to more closely align with the current Lions colours (e.g. a darker blue).

Either way, this would be a much better alternative IMHO than our current white monstrosity.

A predominately white jumper never fails to leave a bad taste in my mouth. To me when we wear it it really feels like the Club running up the white flag of surrender to the AFL machine - luckily we pulled back significantly on how often we wore it this year. White just leaves me feeling flat - it doesn't represent the Club that I love.

It's for a clash in one of the GF's tomorrow, Fitzroy needed a light jumper.
I meant the Lion. Someone suggested a blue Lion instead of a blue FFC monogram.

Just a general question:

Has anyone contacted the AFL and asked for a clarification on how the 2 year rule works?

With Geelong Melbourne & Port changing jumpers in the last few years before the 2 years is up, if we knew what the AFL will allow in general with a change to jumpers before the 2 years up, it may give us a little more ammo to say to the club why can't we just change it now?

I know that its most probably too late now, but it would be good to know for future reference:)

Just a thought.

4: Is it a sponsors requirement that blue be the main color on the front of the Guernsey?
If it is, why not something simple like this, then?
mjmpef.png

Just a general question:

Has anyone contacted the AFL and asked for a clarification on how the 2 year rule works?

With Geelong Melbourne & Port changing jumpers in the last few years before the 2 years is up, i snip.

I think we did some sort of a 'loophole' thing. Created a second clash jumper and just didn't use the current one we had. I may be entirely wrong.

Back